Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

The formation was brilliant. The only way you beat a team like Spurs is to take the game to them.

My only criticism of Rodgers is that he should have taken Madders off. He couldn't run. No need to aggravate the injury further.

It was a bit risky, but I guess he thought he'd last the last few minutes - don't want to give it to them that easily with a man down (we had already had all three substitutions at that time).

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

If only we played like this against Man Utd last week ...

The thing we are all going to need to remember this season is we have a young squad, with the likes of Soyuncu, Chilwell, Ndidi, Madison, Barnes etc they are all going to give us moments of brilliance, but also they will frustrate us.

We need patience, because we are building something special!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Started off brightly, then that freak Kane goal took the wind out of our sails.

I thought we'd do a repat of the weekend prior, with lots of possession, but no outlet up front and little pressure or threat created overall.

That we managed to turn this around, somewhere out of nowhere to be fair, is down to luck... and effort.

If VAR hadn't interfered, we would not be so happy right now. That decision punished Spurs for once and it sucked the life out of their players.

It gave us the strength to get back into it, always believing we could get an equalizer.

That Maddison managed to score the winner makes it even sweeter, the lad deserved that goal so much, after all the workrate he put into it today.

Wish him a speedy recovery, we might see Praet in his place at Luton.

Always great to beat cocky Spurs.

Forgot to mention Ricardo who was brilliant both in attack and in defence. Made a few timely tackles in our penalty box and also appeared at the other end to score the equaliser. He is MOTM for me just peeping Maddison. Soyuncu was a monster today as well. Evans - best CB in EPL.

• Like 2

Defining win of the Rodgers era, no question. Every time Son got the ball I was afraid, they have some terrific attacking talent, yet they needed an incredible bit of technique just to get on the scoreboard.

If we had a player like Son, we would be almost a lock for top-4. We may get it anyhow, but this team is incredibly close in any event. Best way to keep Maddison is to make the CL.

We should be favored in at least 9 of our next 11 (perhaps not @ Palace as well as @ Anfield). This is where we show the difference between Claude and Rodgers, vs. the lesser lights. Make hay here and we will go a long way towards the CL.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

The thing we are all going to need to remember this season is we have a young squad, with the likes of Soyuncu, Chilwell, Ndidi, Madison, Barnes etc they are all going to give us moments of brilliance, but also they will frustrate us.

Indeed, but I was more referring to the formation and tactics used last week. I think the players are brilliant.

• Like 1

10 Spurs fans in the pub, one Leicester fan (me).

Pompous ramblings from one of them all match distracting me from the commentary.

Who came third in a two horse race? 

Shoot I said when Maddison picked it up, come on I loudly cried when it hit the net! 

Edited by maddog

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Forgot to mention Ricardo who was brilliant both in attack and in defence. Made a few timely tackles in our penalty box and also appeared at the other end to score the equaliser. He is MOTM for me just peeping Maddison. Soyuncu was a monster today as well. Evans - best CB in EPL.

Rick MOTM for me as well, just before Madders! Was absolutely out of this world, well taken goal and I'm 100% sure at least one of his tackles saved us from conceding.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Except that the reason we didn't play like this against Manchester United wasn't youth, it was formation.  That was a preventable blunder by the manager.