Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

My brother in law (🤐🤐).. Spuds season ticket holder!.. 

Reckons Poch is a dead man walking! 

Hate spurs ,don't like poch and his constant whingeing,  BUT if spurs got rid of him it would be one of the most ridiculous football decisions ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poch really didn't seem that arsed in the interview that I have seen him give after the game which is bad news for Spurs.

 

Look's like he's already awaiting that call from Madrid at the end of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That had everything bar a red card. 

 

I sat there at halftime thinking the footballing gods were against us. An appalling Ref, Disallowed goal, albeit correctly disallowed, they should have been down to 10 men and good ol’ Harry had managed to score after falling over.  I just couldn’t see it being our day. 

 

Then came that that second half, absolutely fantastic each and everyone of them were brilliant. 

 

VAR works,  it just needs to work a lot quicker!! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Hate spurs ,don't like poch and his constant whingeing,  BUT if spurs got rid of him it would be one of the most ridiculous football decisions ever.

Depends on their ambitions. He's won nothing there but has improved them massively since he joined. Can he take them any further?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Livid said:

That had everything bar a red card. 

 

I sat there at halftime thinking the footballing gods were against us. An appalling Ref, Disallowed goal, albeit correctly disallowed, they should have been down to 10 men and good ol’ Harry had managed to score after falling over.  I just couldn’t see it being our day. 

 

Then came that that second half, absolutely fantastic each and everyone of them were brilliant. 

 

VAR works,  it just needs to work a lot quicker!! 

How that wasn't a straight red i do not know.VAR can look at goals all they like,but that was out of controll and dangerous.

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really over the moon with that. Great performance and always love a win over Spurs.

 

I was a bit concerned that Rodgers was becoming more like Puel by each match, but today has given me my hope back that we're in for a good season. 

 

The team looked really up for it from the first whistle and gave it everything.

 

Maddison lived up to the hype and at times was unplayable. Surely, BR won't think of putting him wide again, will he?

 

Soyuncu and Evans were immense.

 

Perez much better.

 

Can't wait for the next game now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Depends on their ambitions. He's won nothing there but has improved them massively since he joined. Can he take them any further?

Fair points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the post match analysis from BT for the game. 

 

It was all Spurs, tough decision against them or poor defending. We got a few complements of playing well but no in depth at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

4 points from 3 “top six” teams. Pretty good I’d say.

It certainly doesn’t hurt but we need to get past the idea of a top six, since it doesn’t exist at the moment.  Chelsea and MU are mid-table quality and we haven’t played either of the sides that are head and shoulders above the league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Fair points.

No point replacing him with anyone other than a top manager that has won loads of trophies though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Anybody got a gif of Evans tackle on Kane?

Loved that challenge. Saw a spurs fan saying it should've been a yellow like Wanyama's lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It certainly doesn’t hurt but we need to get past the idea of a top six, since it doesn’t exist at the moment.  Chelsea and MU are mid-table quality and we haven’t played either of the sides that are head and shoulders above the league.

 

So basically it’s the Top 2 that are stopping us 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Hate spurs ,don't like poch and his constant whingeing,  BUT if spurs got rid of him it would be one of the most ridiculous football decisions ever.

 

16 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Poch really didn't seem that arsed in the interview that I have seen him give after the game which is bad news for Spurs.

 

Look's like he's already awaiting that call from Madrid at the end of the season

Agree. He'll go at the end of this season, and so will several players.

 

A new manager will have a rebuilding job to do and with the financial pressures of the new stadium they could really struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

 

So basically it’s the Top 2 that are stopping us 😉

Hey, we beat MC last season.  I’m just of the view that the big 6 has turned into a big two and a medium second two, and any points you nick off either MC or Liverpool are gravy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a game!  By far the best team we have played this season and we went toe to toe with them.  Could have gone either way but a superb goal to win it.  Evans and Soyuncu were immense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FIF said:

Can I just say.

 

Hamza comes on when we're starting to wobble.

 

Assist for the goal. 

 

Victory.

 

FUTURE ENGLAND CAPTAIN

You really are great value at times :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ref had a poor game but loved the banter with fans in Kop when we won a corner and lots of fans were pointing for a goalkick and he joined in 😂😂😂👌👌👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A far more attacking performance from us which was good to see. We are still far too wasteful with our chances. A massive slice of luck with their second being ruled out because that would have buried us.

 

Perez? Far from convinced by him. Hes a shadow of the player from last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...