Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

My brother in law (🤐🤐).. Spuds season ticket holder!.. 

Reckons Poch is a dead man walking! 

Hate spurs ,don't like poch and his constant whingeing,  BUT if spurs got rid of him it would be one of the most ridiculous football decisions ever.

That had everything bar a red card. 

I sat there at halftime thinking the footballing gods were against us. An appalling Ref, Disallowed goal, albeit correctly disallowed, they should have been down to 10 men and good ol’ Harry had managed to score after falling over.  I just couldn’t see it being our day. 

Then came that that second half, absolutely fantastic each and everyone of them were brilliant. 

VAR works,  it just needs to work a lot quicker!! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Hate spurs ,don't like poch and his constant whingeing,  BUT if spurs got rid of him it would be one of the most ridiculous football decisions ever.

Depends on their ambitions. He's won nothing there but has improved them massively since he joined. Can he take them any further?

8 minutes ago, Livid said:

That had everything bar a red card. 

I sat there at halftime thinking the footballing gods were against us. An appalling Ref, Disallowed goal, albeit correctly disallowed, they should have been down to 10 men and good ol’ Harry had managed to score after falling over.  I just couldn’t see it being our day. 

Then came that that second half, absolutely fantastic each and everyone of them were brilliant. 

VAR works,  it just needs to work a lot quicker!! 

How that wasn't a straight red i do not know.VAR can look at goals all they like,but that was out of controll and dangerous.

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 2

I'm really over the moon with that. Great performance and always love a win over Spurs.

I was a bit concerned that Rodgers was becoming more like Puel by each match, but today has given me my hope back that we're in for a good season. 

The team looked really up for it from the first whistle and gave it everything.

Maddison lived up to the hype and at times was unplayable. Surely, BR won't think of putting him wide again, will he?

Soyuncu and Evans were immense.

Perez much better.

Can't wait for the next game now.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Depends on their ambitions. He's won nothing there but has improved them massively since he joined. Can he take them any further?

Fair points.

47 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

4 points from 3 “top six” teams. Pretty good I’d say.

It certainly doesn’t hurt but we need to get past the idea of a top six, since it doesn’t exist at the moment.  Chelsea and MU are mid-table quality and we haven’t played either of the sides that are head and shoulders above the league.

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It certainly doesn’t hurt but we need to get past the idea of a top six, since it doesn’t exist at the moment.  Chelsea and MU are mid-table quality and we haven’t played either of the sides that are head and shoulders above the league.

So basically it’s the Top 2 that are stopping us 😉

18 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

16 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Poch really didn't seem that arsed in the interview that I have seen him give after the game which is bad news for Spurs.

Look's like he's already awaiting that call from Madrid at the end of the season

Agree. He'll go at the end of this season, and so will several players.

A new manager will have a rebuilding job to do and with the financial pressures of the new stadium they could really struggle.

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

So basically it’s the Top 2 that are stopping us 😉

Hey, we beat MC last season.  I’m just of the view that the big 6 has turned into a big two and a medium second two, and any points you nick off either MC or Liverpool are gravy.

A far more attacking performance from us which was good to see. We are still far too wasteful with our chances. A massive slice of luck with their second being ruled out because that would have buried us.

Perez? Far from convinced by him. Hes a shadow of the player from last season.