Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

5 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

lol Jesus. Reminds me of a comment from an Arsenal fan saying that Coquelin is a Kante that can pass.

Were they being serious?

They were being 100% serious. They’re blinded, especially because he’s a local lad. 

I was saying yesterday, they have a team of Albrightons. Workers and not much else (that’s not a slight on Marc, I think he’s brilliant for us). 

10 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

They were being 100% serious. They’re blinded, especially because he’s a local lad. 

I was saying yesterday, they have a team of Albrightons. Workers and not much else (that’s not a slight on Marc, I think he’s brilliant for us). 

I can understand overestimating a player when he's one of your club's best, and especially when he's from the area, but to say he's better than probably the best in the world is something else. Maybe they weren't watching much PL football. Maybe they don't realise what a phenomenal player Ndidi is.

Agreed. I think Bielsa is getting a lot out of those players. More than the sum of their parts.

Beckford claimed they're everyone's 2nd favourite team. Fuch right off, are they. Never heard such shite.

He gets in good positions to shoot on the edge of the box an awful lot. Surely a bit of shooting practice would do him the world of good?

I'm sure he's capable of atleast getting them on target, just needs to stop leaning back so much when he strikes the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I can understand overestimating a player when he's one of your club's best, and especially when he's from the area, but to say he's better than probably the best in the world is something else. Maybe they weren't watching much PL football. Maybe they don't realise what a phenomenal player Ndidi is.

Agreed. I think Bielsa is getting a lot out of those players. More than the sum of their parts.

Beckford claimed they're everyone's 2nd favourite team. Fuch right off, are they. Never heard such shite.

I haven’t met anyone from my way who wants them to do well; but maybe that’s because they’re from Leeds and just enjoy taking the p!as out of the Leeds fans.

In the main though, I think people enjoy watching them because they’re a bit of a mad team and quite entertaining (in a sense that their games are open, not necessarily great to watch). I think people enjoy seeing them get spanked as much as they do seeing them win games. 

I personally see the Bielsa love in as boring now, which isn’t Bielsa’s fault. The  notion amongst Leeds fans that the whole footballing world is against them is also very tiresome.

I don’t think they’ll get any better next season either, Bielsa will leave at some point and their squad is bang average. 

Anyway... N’Didi. What a fuching player he is. Absolute monster who wins balls in a way that allows us to play from his challenges rather than need to challenge for a 50/50 following his tackles. His passing has improved no end and his shooting is... I think we’ll leave it there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

I haven’t met anyone from my way who wants them to do well; but maybe that’s because they’re from Leeds and just enjoy taking the p!as out of the Leeds fans.

In the main though, I think people enjoy watching them because they’re a bit of a mad team and quite entertaining (in a sense that their games are open, not necessarily great to watch). I think people enjoy seeing them get spanked as much as they do seeing them win games. 

I personally see the Bielsa love in as boring now, which isn’t Bielsa’s fault. The  notion amongst Leeds fans that the whole footballing world is against them is also very tiresome.

I don’t think they’ll get any better next season either, Bielsa will leave at some point and their squad is bang average. 

Anyway... N’Didi. What a fuching player he is. Absolute monster who wins balls in a way that allows us to play from his challenges rather than need to challenge for a 50/50 following his tackles. His passing has improved no end and his shooting is... I think we’ll leave it there. 

Yeah. I think you're right. Maybe Beckford meant that everyone likes watching them play, or maybe he's mistaken that for people liking them. Their games are certainly rarely boring.

No, it isn't Bielsa's fault, but the amount of hype heaped on him and the team is pretty irritating. That makes it hard to wish them well. Same as when Wolves last came up. Nice to see their fans get a dose of reality after bigging themselves up so much.

No, I don't think they'll improve much next season, either. I think they'd better hope they can keep hold of Bielsa, because I think their squad would probably be exposed under most managers.

Ndidi's so good that if it was a choice between him and prime Kante, I genuinely would not be able to pick between them. I never thought I'd ever be saying that after losing a world class player like him, but here we are. His tackling ability is off the scale. I often can't work out how he steals the ball away. I saw a Soton player last night with the ball at his feet look up, try to take a touch, and then look down trying to work out where the ball had disappeared to. Wilf was well on his way by then. He covers so much of the pitch, too. Much like we used to say about Kante, he is doing the work of two players a lot of the time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Yeah. I think you're right. Maybe Beckford meant that everyone likes watching them play, or maybe he's mistaken that for people liking them. Their games are certainly rarely boring.

No, it isn't Bielsa's fault, but the amount of hype heaped on him and the team is pretty irritating. That makes it hard to wish them well. Same as when Wolves last came up. Nice to see their fans get a dose of reality after bigging themselves up so much.

No, I don't think they'll improve much next season, either. I think they'd better hope they can keep hold of Bielsa, because I think their squad would probably be exposed under most managers.

Ndidi's so good that if it was a choice between him and prime Kante, I genuinely would not be able to pick between them. I never thought I'd ever be saying that after losing a world class player like him, but here we are. His tackling ability is off the scale. I often can't work out how he steals the ball away. I saw a Soton player last night with the ball at his feet look up, try to take a touch, and then look down trying to work out where the ball had disappeared to. Wilf was well on his way by then. He covers so much of the pitch, too. Much like we used to say about Kante, he is doing the work of two players a lot of the time.

He is literally everywhere. Whether that’s his running or positioning (likely both) I don’t know. But he is ALWAYS there to nullify the threat, and I feel uneasy when he’s ahead of the play when the opposition have the ball because he’s that integral to our defensive solidarity. 

His technique to win the ball is second to none. He doesn’t tackle, he uses his body to win it and turn over play.

Absolute monster in the air too. He must be horrible to play against. I know we missed him (Mendy filled in well) but until you see him play again it’s easy to forget how much we missed him. 

• Like 1