Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

On 17/01/2021 at 16:54, matty98 said:

He gets in good positions to shoot on the edge of the box an awful lot. Surely a bit of shooting practice would do him the world of good?

I'm sure he's capable of atleast getting them on target, just needs to stop leaning back so much when he strikes the ball.

Ndidi must've taken my advice, didn't lean back and bang, gets himself a goal :ph34r:

• Haha 2

He’s pure talent. He could genuinely go anywhere he wanted to at this point, he’s that good. How do you begin to even think about replacing him? He has somehow come back better, he’s winning the ball back huger up the pitch, noticed him pressing close to Vardy on occasions - really quite high up the pitch. He is pure sauce and we should enjoy him for al long as we can. 

I don’t think there’s any mileage in comparing Wilf to Mendy. Wilf is the better player.

But Mendy has proven himself to be a dependable back up who came into the side when needed and did a great job.

I hold my hands up and admit Mendy is a better player than I thought he was. 
Regarding Ndidi, he’s probably the best at what he does in the Premiership.

He was always a little raw but he’s come back and is looking a more accomplished player

• Like 4

I was worried that when Rodgers came Ndidi would struggle with us having 65-70% possession since his passing wasn't great. His passing had improved signing. Great player.

Can't think of a better CDM in the league. Fernandinho perhaps but he is 35 and is declining. Fabinho and Ndidi are the two best CDMs. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He is rocketing towards the top of my favourite ever player list. He's an absolute machine and such a likeable guy to boot. 

Him and Youri are the perfect midfield pair.

Ndidi was interviewed on five live and sounded very mature

He was massive yesterday. The amount of times he got stuck in and won the ball and shut down their attacks was just beautiful. I even think that Wilf is getting up there now to be just as good in that holding role as the mighty Kante himself. As others have said he's come on leaps and bounds since his return from injury...

That partnership with Tielemans just gets better and better too.

Lost count of the number of times this happened yesterday and against Southampton: Wilf wins the ball -> gives it to Youri -> Youri sets up an attack

He is the second most important player in our team, results and stats prove that.

Since he returned we’ve only lost one game, that was at home to Everton, when we had to play him out of position at CB.

Mendy did an excellent job when he had to step in, Wilf though is clearly on another level, he is one of the most important players in our side and when it comes to defensive midfielders, he is one of the best in World Football in that position.

Slowly but surely this team is improving, (the only player who seems to be struggling atm is Vardy! :( ), and this midfield combo of Ndidi and Tielemans, IMO, is probably the best we've ever had, if not close to it.  If both of them start scoring goals more often, too, then... :D  Hopefully Ndidi has levelled up his long shooting/finishing stats, now, and has figured out how to keep it down, consistently :) :fc:

• Like 2

He's definitely returned from injury a better player. Still incredible defensively, but now he's looking so  much better passing and moving forwards too.

There was a couple of times against Southampton he turned with the ball, beat a man and passed it forwards.  That's definitely something he's added.

Great attitude too. What a player!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, casablancas said:

He’s pure talent. He could genuinely go anywhere he wanted to at this point, he’s that good. How do you begin to even think about replacing him? He has somehow come back better, he’s winning the ball back huger up the pitch, noticed him pressing close to Vardy on occasions - really quite high up the pitch. He is pure sauce and we should enjoy him for al long as we can. 

We need to win something or achieve Champions League & I feel  most of the guys would be happy to stay. Leicester have proven ambition with manager, training ground, player additions, etc.

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Just have to hope this isn't a reoccurance of the injury that kept him out last year :(

Wasn't that a hamstring tear? They were putting loads of pressure on it so I'm not sure it is that. He didn't hobble off, either.

Just wait for Rodgers to inform us now.