Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

4 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Same here haha. 

I just completely accept a goal kick is coming as soon as he goes for goal. That goal he scored in his first few games against Stoke was an outright lie. I don't acknowledge it is the same footballer lol

I think we love it because subconsciously we know if he could shoot he wouldn't play for us.

Didn't he get one early on against Derby too?

You know one day he'll ping one in top bins again and my top will be off quicker than you can say yes ndidi

I thought Mendy was outstanding in deputising for Wilf, like top 3 performers in the squad. Wilf has bettered that ... without much effort looking at him. He looks to saunter across the pitch it looks that effortless. He’s world class. Mind you so is Youri 

28 minutes ago, Goober said:

He's awesome. Can't believe no one's came in for him with a serious bid yet.

World class

It'll take a world class offer. No club have enough money in the present circumstances. He won't find a better club. 

Just now, Nick said:

I don’t think anybody would disagree with that. Do you mean Kante?

No.  Only weeks ago, there was discussion on this forum about whether N'didi would be able to displace Mendy.

Kante was spectacular in 15/16.  Perhaps our best ever midfield player.  Now, I would not have him back over N'didi.  Part of it is loyalty.  We have a squad of players who we have been able to invest our support in.  New players are coming into a great set up.

His long shots are the sort that about 1 in 100 fly into the top corner, the other 99 land in the train station.

The good news for us is, he must be in the high 80s now for out of the stadium shots, so due one to fly in before the end of the season!

There is no one in the game through who does what he does better, I really think we need Champions League football next season or winning a trophy this season to keep him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

His laughably bad shooting makes me like him even more for some reason.

He's honestly a bit of a freak, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Supreme at what he does. Love the guy.

It's nice to know he's human. 

I've been quite critical of Ndidi in the past because his passing, even the simple ones, were terrible.  In the second half of last season he gave the ball away, or at least compromised our attacks more than he won the ball.

Since he's come back into the side this season, he seems much more relaxed on the ball.  Nothing fancy, just simple stuff, but he's much better than he was 12 months ago.

If he could tidy up his shooting he might be good enough for almost any team in world football.