Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

8 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

He looks fresher than before, which I hope the medical staff reflect on, going forward.

If we are in Europe regularly, we need to protect our crown jewels, so to speak.

I've speculated that there's been a change of policy regarding players coming back from injuries - and I agree with everyone that think he's not only fit again but looks better than before.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Wilf has always been one of my favourite players, other than Jamie Vardy, but since he has come back in, he’s been arguably better than he was before his injury. Looks like an absolute beast in there, I’d hate to play against him.

The guy is improving and at 23 can really become world elite.

I’d go as far saying he’s would get into any team in the world right now.

Have a vague recollection of a Nigerian poster on here saying that it was highly unlikely that Wilf is actually as young as he claims to be and that he's probably in his late twenties at this point. Hard to know how much to take from that alone but coupled with this report from 2013, which lists him among a number of players who failed an age test, I don't think we should be surprised if he declines slightly earlier than expected. Will have to enjoy his performances in the meantime though because he's absolutely crucial to our success at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Have a vague recollection of a Nigerian poster on here saying that it was highly unlikely that Wilf is actually as young as he claims to be and that he's probably in his late twenties at this point. Hard to know how much to take from that alone but coupled with this report from 2013, which lists him among a number of players who failed an age test, I don't think we should be surprised if he declines slightly earlier than expected. Will have to enjoy his performances in the meantime though because he's absolutely crucial to our success at the moment.

Excuse my ignorance but why is it always Nigerians that are accused of lying about their age? 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Excuse my ignorance but why is it always Nigerians that are accused of lying about their age? 

Well you're less ignorant than me because I didn't know they were.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_fraud_in_association_football 
A cursory glance at this, however, suggests that the NFF have a bit of a chequered past so that might have something to do with it.

• Like 1

World class is so overused these days but in Wilfs case he really is. 

So lucky to have him and so lucky our club are so well run and don't get bullied by the big w£&kers. 

Don't forget, every time we had a very good player at the club, the board, in the old days, were only to happy to sell. 

He is the dogs👍💙💙

Some nigerians in the past have lied about their age to make them more likely to move to bigger clubs. I dont think ndidi is one of them, just compare the difference in his build when we first bought him to how he is now, looks like the difference between a late teenager and a man.

Edited by honeybradger

1 hour ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Well you're less ignorant than me because I didn't know they were.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_fraud_in_association_football 
A cursory glance at this, however, suggests that the NFF have a bit of a chequered past so that might have something to do with it.

'Feed the Yak'.....I guess if anyone knows, it'll be you, having turned out for City under Sven in your late forties 😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

That was about Musa wasn't it?

21 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Some nigerians in the past have lied about their age to make them more likely to move to bigger clubs. I dont think ndidi is one of them, just compare the difference in his build when we first bought him to how he is now, looks like the difference between a late teenager and a man.

Wilfred Ndidi has lied about his age in the past. (or somebody lied about his age for him). 

Nigeria got kicked out of an under 17s tournament because of him and others doing it. Here is the link: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22152016

No idea what his actual age is but wouldn't surprise me if he's 26/27. Which actually bodes well for us in terms of keeping him at the club. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Wilfred Ndidi has lied about his age in the past. (or somebody lied about his age for him). 

Nigeria got kicked out of an under 17s tournament because of him and others doing it. Here is the link: 

No idea what his actual age is but wouldn't surprise me if he's 26/27. Which actually bodes well for us in terms of keeping him at the club. 

Just saying but the date of that article correlates with his official dob, as in if it's accurate he would have been 17 years and 3 months old at the time so if the scans are that precise and if this was a strictly u-17 tournament then it would've been a fair cop.

Haha the classic tales of African footballers lying about their age. Nigeria are always caught up in these stories. The absolute classic is the case of Joseph Minala, who in the Lazio U-17 team looked about 40. I think with him he claimed a harsh upbringing. Must be rife in countries where birth certificates aren’t always issued, or done years later.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Haha the classic tales of African footballers lying about their age. Nigeria are always caught up in these stories. The absolute classic is the case of Joseph Minala, who in the Lazio U-17 team looked about 40. I think with him he claimed a harsh upbringing. Must be rife in countries where birth certificates aren’t always issued, or done years later.

Joseph Minala is not Nigerian.

Meanwhile, Mexico was kicked out once by FIFA for age fraud, which has also been relatively rampant in SE Asia.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

20 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

19 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

No, Nigeria was NOT kicked out of the U17s because of Wilf's and others failing a MRI test. In fact, Nigeria went on to WIN the FIFA U17s that year.

We have discussed this previously on FT, but the MRI scan is not a literal "age test." Rather, it is used to determine if the wrist bones have fused on the premise that almost all (but not all) such fusion occurs around 17 years old. Accordingly, there have been cases where persons actually U17 have 'failed' the MRI scan (including a case involving a US-born U17 player).

While I cannot vouch for Wilf's age, nonetheless the 3 Nigerian U17 players disqualified by the MRI scan for that 2013 African U17 tournament (there were also 3 Ivoirien players similarly disqualified) had been cleared by MRI scans during the qualifiers. Accordingly, their bone fusion occurred in the time frame between the qualifiers and the tournament, so any age disparity would be minimal.  

• Thanks 4

22 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

[...] thank goodness the likes of MAN u always want  to sign the likes of Jadon Sancho and get sidetracked in the chase

The Wilf role is so key in the game nowadays and I can't believe some teams and managers... still... don't seem to understand that! 

Man U and particularly Arsenal still haven't worked out that they need a 'Wilf' in recent months/years.

Everton went out and bought Doucoure. The Spuds went and got Hojbjerg. City have Gundogan as well as Fernandino. 

Let's keep him a secret and close the thread before too many others teams get ideas.

Edited by zealot

29 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

No, Nigeria was NOT kicked out of the U17s because of Wilf's and others failing a MRI test. In fact, Nigeria went on to WIN the FIFA U17s that year.

We have discussed this previously on FT, but the MRI scan is not a literal "age test." Rather, it is used to determine if the wrist bones have fused on the premise that almost all (but not all) such fusion occurs around 17 years old. Accordingly, there have been cases where persons actually U17 have 'failed' the MRI scan (including a case involving a US-born U17 player).

While I cannot vouch for Wilf's age, nonetheless the 3 Nigerian U17 players disqualified by the MRI scan for that 2013 African U17 tournament (there were also 3 Ivoirien players similarly disqualified) had been cleared by MRI scans during the qualifiers. Accordingly, their bone fusion occurred in the time frame between the qualifiers and the tournament, so any age disparity would be minimal.  

Isn’t Iheanacho older than he says as well? He has a 14 year old son apparently :ph34r:

• Haha 1