Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That’s my point though. Whether it’s a case of being pro Mendy or not, it’s pretty much accepted by everyone that he would struggle in a 433.

We are poor to watch in a 5 at the back. I understand why BR does it due to Mendys lack of quality to be a screener alone, but there’s no denying it goes against our strengths as a team in general and in the long term we will win some scrappy games occasionally and lose a lot more too. We play into teams hands. Fulham and Everton at home were absolutely the case of being beaten by awful performances from the opposition but they really didn’t even need to be good or get out of 1st gear due to how poor we were.

It’s no coincidence how much better we have been since in every single game. I’ve loved watching us play since Spurs away(Palace away being the exception, which coincidentally was when Wilf was out).

Ah, I see. Yes, I'm with you now, you are saying that the back four is more contingent upon the availability of Wilf than our defensive players. Yes to some extent I agree. The question then lies with the level of confidence Brendan has in Mendy to break up play. Where Wilf excels - and prior to that, Kante, is the ability to create time and space for the playmaking duties of the No.8/cm (N'Golo was a gift from God for Drinkwater). Simultaneously, to sit where necessary and protect the two CBs particularly when the FBs are haring forward in a quasi wing back role. 

I don't think Mendy is a one dimensional as you seem to be suggesting though.

14 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I really hope your right but It will be a huge struggle I fear.
I think at least 1 of the next 3 games will be us conceding first and looking like we can’t get score even if we played for a week. This happens every time so can’t help but think it.

Would be happily proven wrong.

I will say this though, without JV, EVEN if Mendy plays I’d rather us stick in a 433, despite the risk of pressure on us.

I don’t think I can bare 5 at the back and Mendy ‘shadowing’.

Tielemens having to control everything, Madders being icolated, Barnes running trying to hard because teams can sit deeper and double up on him easier, and worst ever Perez in that role of plucking something out of nothing!!

I mean that is so painful, and whilst I don’t care if we scramble wins until Wilf/JV is back, we’re more likely not going to if we’re relying on knicking wins riding out luck like vs Wolves and Arsenal.

Phone the Samaritans. 

15 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I will be disappointed but not suprised as it’s unlikely he will try anything out the ordinary. I don’t know how Fofana would work in that role but he has all the attributes to do it and would be worth a go, only Fofanas positioning and understanding would be the worry, but especially vs a team like Leeds, where it’s less about the shape and more gun ho, pace power speed type game that I believe his strengths would be better for this.

That’s my point though. Whether it’s a case of being pro Mendy or not, it’s pretty much accepted by everyone that he would struggle in a 433.

We are poor to watch in a 5 at the back. I understand why BR does it due to Mendys lack of quality to be a screener alone, but there’s no denying it goes against our strengths as a team in general and in the long term we will win some scrappy games occasionally and lose a lot more too. We play into teams hands. Fulham and Everton at home were absolutely the case of being beaten by awful performances from the opposition but they really didn’t even need to be good or get out of 1st gear due to how poor we were.

It’s no coincidence how much better we have been since in every single game. I’ve loved watching us play since Spurs away(Palace away being the exception, which coincidentally was when Wilf was out).

I know that I’m being harsh on Mendy probably because I’m comparing him to 1 of the very best in the world and it’s unfair to expect him to be anywhere near that standard, however the problem is, we are going for top 4/title push. We are as good as anyone with our best 11 and we may never get a better chance.

Wilf, Tielemens and Fofana will probably not be here much longer , especially if we don’t get CL. Vardy, Kasper and Evans havnt got much longer left. This team and situation won’t be here much longer so we need to maximise our chance that I believe our quality should reach.

Chelsea, Arsenal and to a lesser extent Spurs are quite poor this year. Liverpool are a mile off what they were and Utd have some quality but some really poor squad players. Top 4 has to be achieved if we want to consistently challenge. I don’t want to be the nearly men like the Newcastle or Blackburn’s of the 90s that drop like a brick after a few years of being close.

We have 3 huge games that have got even tougher now.

We have a tough run of Liverpool, Villa and Arsenal after the next 3! If we drop lots of points here and then we get Vardy and Wilf back vs the better teams we could be on a bad run for 6 games!!

The next 3 we have to be getting 6/7 points absolutely minimum really. However with Mendy in I’m nowhere near as confident and

I’m expecting us to go on a bad run and then everyone will wonder why our team is suddenly sh*t.

I think you might be in the wrong thread:

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Phone the Samaritans. 

That’s a good idea for you mate, I don’t want you to harm yourself over my opinions that clearly get you rattled 🤣.
The fact you can’t argue your points but just give lazy pathetic comebacks like the above, suggests to me you have no idea or belief in your own opinions.

I know you love Mendy more than his mother does but it doesn’t change the reality of the situation.

Wilf:

11 appearances 9 wins 1 draw 1 loss.(loss at CB vs Everton)

Mendy 15 appearances 8 wins 2 draws 5 losses.

Aerial battles won/lost:

Wilf 25/36. 70%.

Mendy 4/14. 29%.
Tackles:

Wilf 38 in 11 games(3.45 a game).

Mendy 19 in 15 games(1.26 a game).

Interceptions:

Wilf 24 in 11 games(2.18 a game).

Mendy 11 in 15 games(0.73 a game).

I could go on every single statistic and there on a completely different planet.

They even go against Wilf because he’s played 3/11 of his appearances at centre half and a further two just as a sub for 20 minutes vs Sheffield Utd and injured vs Everton which skews his averages a bit as Mendy has been in his position for the entire 15 apps.

Those stats are based on just 20/21, if I went on overall careers at Leicester it would be even more embarrassing.

Mendy is on the same level as Hamza when you look into it based on stats rather than perception.

12 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think you might be in the wrong thread:

Claiming someone is depressed by using some pathetic sarcasm to try and look like a smart arse, just shows 2 things:

1. That you don’t have a clue about football.

2. Your that classic stereotype who says things to others to hide the fact they are suffering themselves.
Get some help because it’ll be tough for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That’s a good idea for you mate, I don’t want you to harm yourself over my opinions that clearly get you rattled 🤣.
The fact you can’t argue your points but just give lazy pathetic comebacks like the above, suggests to me you have no idea or belief in your own opinions.

I know you love Mendy more than his mother does but it doesn’t change the reality of the situation.

Wilf:

11 appearances 9 wins 1 draw 1 loss.(loss at CB vs Everton)

Mendy 15 appearances 8 wins 2 draws 5 losses.

Aerial battles won/lost:

Wilf 25/36. 70%.

Mendy 4/14. 29%.
Tackles:

Wilf 38 in 11 games(3.45 a game).

Mendy 19 in 15 games(1.26 a game).

Interceptions:

Wilf 24 in 11 games(2.18 a game).

Mendy 11 in 15 games(0.73 a game).

I could go on every single statistic and there on a completely different planet.

They even go against Wilf because he’s played 3/11 of his appearances at centre half and a further two just as a sub for 20 minutes vs Sheffield Utd and injured vs Everton which skews his averages a bit as Mendy has been in his position for the entire 15 apps.

Those stats are based on just 20/21, if I went on overall careers at Leicester it would be even more embarrassing.

Mendy is on the same level as Hamza when you look into it based on stats rather than perception.

Claiming someone is depressed by using some pathetic sarcasm to try and look like a smart arse, just shows 2 things:

1. That you don’t have a clue about football.

2. Your that classic stereotype who says things to others to hide the fact they are suffering themselves.
Get some help because it’ll be tough for you.

You don't rattle me at all, sorry to disappoint you. I think you are laughable and I was taking the piss. I've got a life so don't tend to post War and Peace. You need to sort your obsession with Mendy. Unhealthy. Funny how he was at fault for the equaliser at Everton when he came on at 1 nil down. You must have spotted that. 🤔😂

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You don't rattle me at all, sorry to disappoint you. I think you are laughable and I was taking the piss. I've got a life so don't tend to post War and Peace. You need to sort your obsession with Mendy. Unhealthy. Funny how he was at fault for the equaliser at Everton when he came on at 1 nil down. You must have spotted that. 🤔😂

I’m not the one trying to insult. I don’t care if I rattle you but by your reaction it gave off a smell that I did.

When people take it away from the opinions we are all on this board for(i.e football) then it just shows their insecurities usually.

Like Ive said a million times before, it’s my opinion and the stats I’ve shown have backed it up. Despite all that, it’s ok if you still love Mendy and disagree with me. I have no problem with that, but I’m not going to nod along patronising people I don’t agree with because it’s ‘easier’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If I were one of the so called "big" English clubs, I'd be throwing mega money at trying to sign Ndidi in the summer.

He immediately makes someone like Man Utd or Chelsea better, whilst absolutely crippling us as a rival.

Edited by martyn

This is what I said yesterday:

When did I say we should just give up? I know you had a touch of sarcasm but me saying I think we will struggle without Wilf and JV is my opinion, am I not allowed to say that on a site if opinions?

I want us to win as much as anyone but do I think we have less chance with Mendy and Perez in for the 2 above!? Yes I do honestly believe that.

I’m bored of this conversation now. I just lost the post I was writing that took me 15 mins so I can’t be bothered to re write it.

End of the day it’s just opinions. Im not bothered what anyone thinks when I see something, as you should all not if you disagree with my opinion on Mendy. It seems my opinion get people worked up, because I don’t go along with the easier option or I’ve hit a raw nerve by being able to back my opinions up and show up the truth.

Every single time Mendy is on the pitch , we are a poorer team and more likely to drop points and get run over. Nothing will change that and the sooner we get a better back up for Wilf the better.

Thats what I said yesterday, and I’m fed up of being so obvious and people still wonder why.

‘Leeds were amazing today wernt they?’

’none of our players turned up’

’just an off day’

Yeah yeah yeah 🙄.

I’m sick of going out about it but I think it’s getting more and more obvious.

That paragraph in bold sums up the situation to a tee. We need to put Fofana in the middle with YT and Madders and change 433 vs Fulham.
I never want to see 5 at the back again.

Edited by deanolegend1989

12 minutes ago, martyn said:

If I were one of the so called "big" English clubs, I'd be throwing mega money at trying to sign Ndidi in the summer.

He immediately makes someone like Man Utd or Chelsea better, whilst absolutely crippling us as a rival.

Easiest purchase and non scouting needed ever. It would be perfect fit for Utd and Chelsea and maybe City to replace Fernandinho.

Its actually painful how good he is.

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

The problem is we don't just lose Ndidi. We lose the formation that gets the best out of us going forward as the back five is used to mainly protect Mendy.

We didn’t change in first half. Same but 1 change.

As proven and as I’ve said for about a year now, we were getting run over.

As you said though, it’s mainly to protect Mendy, protect him because he’s so limited that we’re carrying him.

Brendan noticed this too and tried to sh*thouse a win and keep it tight due to Mendys limitations, yet we failed.

I don’t blame BR, it was a stick or twist situation.

5 at the back doesn’t work, but 433 is more vulnerable for us without Wilf there. So it’s a bit of a lose lose situation and it’s all down to the same thing.

I think vs Fulham we have to stay 433. 5 at the back never works, it’s quite obvious.

So 433 but try Fofana in there and keep the shape we are best in. What have we got to lose? It can’t be any worse.

I never want to see Mendy in a Leicester shirt again. I am absolutely sick to death of this convosation but it’s so obvious that I’m bored of it.