Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Newcastle (H) Pre Match

1 minute ago, Fktf said:

The media have been saying games against united and spurs will give an indication as to whether we have the quality to compete for a top 6 spot. Sure, it is nice to take points off the teams we see as direct rivals, but for me it is games against a struggling team at home that will demonstrate how good a chance we have of top 6. In the past, we've dropped points in games like today, and it is no good taking points off rivals and then lose ground of them by dropping points against a team you should be beating. 

I think brendan will set up a really attack minded side and go for this. Have a feeling we may line up with a midfield diamond and 2 up top.

We need to start quick again just like we did last week against spurs,, someone said that Bruce will park the 🚍 so it's down to the players to break them down and I'm sure we have the quality to do that 

3 minutes ago, John rayner said:

We need to start quick again just like we did last week against spurs,, someone said that Bruce will park the 🚍 so it's down to the players to break them down and I'm sure we have the quality to do that 

That's my fear if we do play the diamond. Could be too congested in the middle, and we'll all be crying for wingers in the match thread after about 10min!

4 minutes ago, Fktf said:

That's my fear if we do play the diamond. Could be too congested in the middle, and we'll all be crying for wingers in the match thread after about 10min!

Exactly. If they do sit in (which they will), we need to stretch them. Chelsea were a great example of this last week when Liverpool banked up at 2-1. 

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Fellows, where does a good Sunday roast in the city centre or between the train station and Filbert Way? Cheers in advance.

P.S. anyone that says the Prince of Punjab is a raging paedo.

Rutland of Derby or whatever its called

I'm wrong, that doesn't open on Sundays. I can't think of the name of the gaff I'm thinking of, sorry. Haha

24 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet Ndidi Tielemans

Albrighton Vardy Perez

Should be enough width, can swap around the wingers in the match

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Fellows, where does a good Sunday roast in the city centre or between the train station and Filbert Way? Cheers in advance.

P.S. anyone that says the Prince of Punjab is a raging paedo.

White Peacock is lovely but it's smart dress.

If Maddison is not fit I'd go:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soy Chilly

Praet Ndidi Tielemans

Perez Vardy Barnes

I love Hamza and think he'll be a legend for us but I think we need to be more adventurous against teams we would hope to beat and not play two DMs.

Let's get that third spot!! X 

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

White Peacock is lovely but it's smart dress.

Cheers, Looks good but seems they only open for big bookings on Sundays and Mondays. I've got a city shirt on so I'd be out anyway (I note their dress code says Tigers shirts are allowed - shocking racism).

15 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Is Maddison definitely out for today’s game, not seen anything official yet....

I'd like to think we can afford to rest him. That's taking nothing away from Newcastle. I (along with many others) believe it's going to be tough today.  

I just think we have options and for me, I wouldn't risk him. 

• Thanks 1

I think they will congest the middle of the pitch and allow us to go wide and cross balls in .......... if we play with too much width (two wingers and full back overlapping) that could leave wilf v exposed if we lose possession and they break up the middle ......of course they may decide not to commit men forward which would remove that risk .......but I suspect their game plan is to sit tight and try to nick a goal 

my plan would be to get Ben and Ricardo in behind and cutting balls back to Youri and a n other breaking late into the box 

just chucking crosses in towards vards will likely be a waste of time 

• Like 3