Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

Guest An Sionnach

Grealish, Mount , Foden ,Maddison . Who's best ? Who cares! Nobody is going anywhere .Apart from Grealish the others are part of powerful integrated midfields . Jack's frustration is with his own team mates. He is too much of a solo act and Villa need to give him the support then they could be going places.

The strange tactic Manchester United are urged to deploy to land James Maddison

The report suggests the famous shirt, worn by David Beckham and Eric Cantona among others, should be enough to convince Maddison to make the move.

United's number seven is currently vacant following the departure of Alexis Sanchez in the summer.

Maddison currently wears the number 10 shirt at the King Power Stadium and is said to be 'happy' with his current situation as fresh contract negotiations get under way.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

The strange tactic Manchester United are urged to deploy to land James Maddison

The report suggests the famous shirt, worn by David Beckham and Eric Cantona among others, should be enough to convince Maddison to make the move.

United's number seven is currently vacant following the departure of Alexis Sanchez in the summer.

Maddison currently wears the number 10 shirt at the King Power Stadium and is said to be 'happy' with his current situation as fresh contract negotiations get under way.

Desperate. JM10 is going nowhere! 

17 hours ago, LC/FC said:

It isn't the accent that makes him seem thick to me and tbf I know plenty of brummies that are totally intelligent. 

That's probably why when I hear him speak, it comes off as not very clever because I know what a smart brummie speaks like.

But also his party antics back in the day shows me a young man that hasn't been tought to think for himself and understand his responsibilities. 

But as you said, my opinion. 

youngster in partying shock, what's next?!

• Like 2

I do chuckle reading redcafe. A group of their posters see themselves as a top, top team still. "We'll sign Sancho, Haarland, Maddison etc". United may still be a massive club, but realistically a player like Sancho will have a pick of every top team, why go to a United team struggling to make Europe? 

United still have the ability to get top players; but they don't have the 'pull' they used to and can't just swing their cash in the prem anymore.

On 10/12/2019 at 00:48, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I would take Grealish at LCFC in a heartbeat.

Terrific player and likely to get even better.

If Villa go down he'll end up at somewhere 'bigger' than us I suspect though.

PS Interviewed him for TS a while back and he could not have been more charming and helpful. Certainly changed my opinion about him.

Indeed, Grealish is performing like Maddison did in his first season here, we know Maddison is now massively better than when he first joined, Grealish clearly has talent but is just raw in the EPL.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Wasnt impressed by Grealish on sunday but I've been impressed this season. He seems to have really (#1) hot his head down and for a lot of the game caused us problems. The petulance at the end was sad.

It's a bit of a one man effort for him though and I think that's why he started throwing his toys out the pram. Hes much better than the rest of the villa side, who I thought were as poor a team as we've played. (#2) McGinn was very average 

Whilst man utd are talking up to Maddison I cannot see them paying over 100m for him, which is what it will cost. Grealish is probably a more likely target for them.

If anyone wants a job though, I'm sure most people could scout for man utd....players they're after: maddison and harland. My assumption is they have a 12 year esports champion who's good at fifa in charge  of their operation.

Couple of things

1. Was that deliberate? Bravo if so :appl:
  2. Cannot work out if his face is to small or his head it to big, do not suppose it matters much :dunno:

Also concur about Man Utd, but their scouting is just done by the mainstream media it seems! 

1 hour ago, shade said:

youngster in partying shock, what's next?!

There's partying and then there's making a twat out of yourself by getting so ****ed off your face you're having pictures taken of you passed out.

But hey, I'm not John Rudkin who rejected Grealish and chose Maddison over him, in part due to THAT exact lifestyle. 

Guess I missed the part where our clubs youngsters got plastered all over the national media for being utterly shit faced.

Everyone can have their opinion on Grealish. Mine is that he wouldn't fit into our squad and dressing room no matter how talented he is.

P.S. This is the Maddison thread. 

If you lot want to discuss the merits of having Jack Grealish, there's the Transfers section. 

Just now, LC/FC said:

There's partying and then there's making a twat out of yourself by getting so ****ed off your face you're having pictures taken of you passed out.

But hey, I'm not John Rudkin who rejected Grealish and chose Maddison over him, in part due to THAT exact lifestyle. 

Guess I missed the part where our clubs youngsters got plastered all over the national media for being utterly shit faced.

Everyone can have their opinion on Grealish. Mine is that he wouldn't fit into our squad and dressing room no matter how talented he is.

P.S. This is the Maddison thread. 

If you lot want to discuss the merits of having Jack Grealish, there's the Transfers section. 

p.p.s I wasn't in the discussion, I was responding to your criticism of grealish, sweetheart.

Rudkin, villain to hero on this forum, suddenly he's turning down players and scouting madders himself, what's happened to the incompetent brown noser?!

22 minutes ago, shade said:

p.p.s I wasn't in the discussion, I was responding to your criticism of grealish, sweetheart.

Rudkin, villain to hero on this forum, suddenly he's turning down players and scouting madders himself, what's happened to the incompetent brown noser?!

By responding you put yourself into the discussion, darling. 

And where have you been this past decade? 

We've not mocked Rudkin in years since, you know, our entire team of players is now practically wanted by every other club in the country because our he and the rest of our club were clever in their signings. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/maddison-grealish-leicester-aston-villa-3625940.amp

Here's the article about choosing Maddison over Grealish. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jonny-evans-leicester-graded-me-for-games-just-like-at-school-i-was-impressed-5n7z6zljz

Here's the article, which is probably posted somewhere else on the forum where it states John Rudkin got Jonny Evans to sign for us because we did our homework on him.

So the incompetent brown noser that you claim is actually one of the reasons we are doing well in making the correct footballing choices in players and making sure we get the asking price we want for sales.

Sorry for the facts. 

Edited by LC/FC

52 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Indeed, Grealish is performing like Maddison did in his first season here, we know Maddison is now massively better than when he first joined, Grealish clearly has talent but is just raw in the EPL.

He's in his 3rd season playing in the premiership.

There was so much in the build-up about the Norwich connection that I think it got the better of him, not deliberately holding back or going easy, just inhibited when he hasn't been like that for a while. He'll be better from now on.