Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom12345

Ricardo Pereira - So underrated

17 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

My French mate is a big PSG fan. He messages me all the time re Riccy P. I'm afraid he is no 'secret' anymore. He's very highly regarded on the continent. PSG are but one of the big boys that are looking.

He’ll be on every top club’s radar. Only with a great team here, good prospects and champions league football will we keep him next season. Like Kanté he’s one of the few players who always turns up and performs at the highest level. Incredible player. An absolute steal of a price. Incredible scouting.

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He’ll be on every top club’s radar. Only with a great team here, good prospects and champions league football will we keep him next season. Like Kanté he’s one of the few players who always turns up and performs at the highest level. Incredible player. An absolute steal of a price. Incredible scouting.  Pueling

Fixed it for you

5 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Incredible player. An absolute steal of a price. Incredible scouting.

I think we signed him as Puel had him at Nice, not sure how the same scouting team could go from signing Pereira to Ghezzal in the same window, chalk and cheese. Puel signed them both.

• Like 1

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/from-the-podcasts/leicesters-ricardo-pereira-in-praise-of-the-man-who-can-run-games-from-right-back/

Leicester’s Ricardo Pereira: in praise of the man who can run games from right-back
 • 24th January 2020
FROM THE PODCASTSLeicester CityLiverpool

Let’s talk about Ricardo Pereira.

At Leicester, most of the attention is understandably usually focused on Jamie Vardy, or James Maddison, or Wilfried Ndidi. And when we discuss right-backs in this country, the justified Trent Alexander-Arnold hype machine is what dominates proceedings.

But in the middle of that Venn diagram is Ricardo Pereira, who has quietly become one of the most impressive full-backs – most impressive players, even – in the Premier League this season.

“Alexander-Arnold seems to be the only right-back we talk about,” said Natalie Gedra on the Totally Football Show this week, “which is understandable but Ricardo Pereira has been brilliant for the last couple of seasons.

“He’s so creative, good in attack, good in defence – every time I watch Leicester I’m impressed with him. Tielemans has dropped his form, but Pereira is constant, he’s solid.”

Pereira has had a direct hand in 13 goals in the Premier League since the start of last season, scoring five and registering eight assists. Only two defenders with have more – Liverpool’s full-backs.

Daniel Storey was at Leicester’s game against West Ham this week, and he watched David Moyes’s side design their tactics specifically to counter Pereira.

“Moyes effectively picked two left-backs in Arthur Matsuaku and Aaron Cresswell to deal with that threat, but he set up that first goal and scored the second. He was brilliant. When Vardy isn’t playing or isn’t on form, he’s arguably Leicester’s best player. Wilfried Ndidi is good too, but he just has the ability to run a game from right-back.

“I think Leicester have the second-best pair of full-backs in the league, but Pereira has pushed on whereas Ben Chilwell has slightly regressed in the last few months.”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Outside of Vardy(?) our best player on the pitch. I can't imagine what its like to watch him play in person. His athleticism and work rate are off the charts.

I know its a bit crazy but sometimes I see him as a being from another planet. So perfect physically as if built for his position on the pitch.

Competitors like Ricardo are the reason I watch football.

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Can we get him on a new contract? There's the is rumour that he can go to an 'elite' club for a cut price fee of £30M.

He's 26 now and its time for him to be paid the money he's worth. If we can't give him a World Class contract and be in the Champions league then we are out of the running.

If he has a dream of playing for Barca or Madrid then this is probably going to be his last season. Unless they're offering BS money. And 30 mil is BS.

2 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Ricardo is our best player in my opinion 

Agree. Left the ? because they are different players who have different responsibilities on the pitch.

I always have mixed feelings about the label "Best" as there are so many variables to take into consideration.

1 hour ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Ricardo is our best player in my opinion 

I agree with this, because of his consistency. Vardy on his day, e.g. against Bournemouth is totally unplayable, but like every striker he sometimes has off days. Ricardo I feel is 8/10 in almost every game he plays. 

If Vardy ends the season with the golden boot I might change my mind though!

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Can we get him on a new contract? There's the is rumour that he can go to an 'elite' club for a cut price fee of £30M.

If that was the case he'd already been gone, he's good enough and 30m is nothing to an elite club.

You really think we would sign someone for 22m and a five year contract and stick a 30m release clause in after what happened with Kante........

Just not buying that rumour! 

• Like 2

On 23/01/2020 at 12:39, Foxxed said:

He’ll be on every top club’s radar. Only with a great team here, good prospects and champions league football will we keep him next season. Like Kanté he’s one of the few players who always turns up and performs at the highest level. Incredible player. An absolute steal of a price. Incredible scouting.

We're never keeping him in the summer.

• Haha 1