Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom12345

Ricardo Pereira - So underrated

16 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Nah, he has had off games particularly earlier in his career with us.

And Ricardo didn't, for the 1st few weeks he looked like he couldn't defend.

Right now. As has been proved by his absence wilf is far more important to the way we play. 

I think I must have a different meaning for the word underrated because I don't think Pereira is at all underated! Week after week, I hear commentators mentioning his stats, enthusing over his performance, saying what a complete player he is. He's talked about in transfer speculation. He is most certainly not going unnoticed.

Perhaps people mean, by underrated, that he's not talked about quite as much as say Vardy or Madison but that doesn't mean he's ignored. He's acknowledged as a vital member of the team, a regular starter and a consistent contributor. Cricky, I've even read that he's TOO good for us! How is that underated?

The guy's ace and we know he is! What more do people want? A statue? Freedom of the city?  Let's just rename the thread 'Pereira - he's brill and he's ours!' and simply get on with praising him ;)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

And Ricardo didn't, for the 1st few weeks he looked like he couldn't defend.

Indeed. I remember well thinking that he'd never make a defender, he was so easily shrugged aside and/or bundled over. That tells you 2 things; how much he's settled in and improved, and how rubbish I am at making judgements!

• Haha 3

What an acquisition this guy was. He's shown it pretty much consistently since he came but I have to admit he even surprised me last night. There was a moment near the end where he completely skinned their left back and got to the byline which made him look like a seasoned winger. Top class! 

Not gonna worry about him leaving, just gonna enjoy him whilst he's here

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

He wont be here next season surely? 

I think it depends who's interested. If it's Barca or the like then maybe he'll be off. If/when we qualify for Europe though, he may well feel it's enough to hang around and be on a bigger stage. Besides, who knows, he might actually also believe in, and want to be a part of, the 'Rodgers project' 

Ricardo will have his own ambitions obviously. If the club can meet those then there's no reason to believe he'll not hang around.

Remember when fans outside of Leicester thought Wan Bissaka was the better player last season lol 

As good as he is, he doesn't get the adulation from anyone which would make it surprising if any of the big boys from Europe come calling. Which is great for us.

PSG are the ones to worry about most I think. I'd be surprised if he left to anyone in England other than Man City but there doesn't seem to be any interest there.

Should be up there with the PFA nominations this year for me but probably won't be. Will all be about Alexander-Arnold.

• Haha 1

Always gets me how the press and 'pundits' go on about Chilwell and how the 'big' clubs will come calling .......     you're looking at the wrong full back you clowns ...   (thank goodness!!) ....     Ricardo and Trent Alexander are the top two in the country.

Saying he's underrated is a bit of a cliche now. Since around November 2018 him and Wilf are the ones you can bank on to put in a performance.

Whether it's with us remains to be seen but he's heading to the Champions League one way or another. 

Edited by Blue ROI