Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

England squad for Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Bulgaria - Chilwell and Maddison

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I like Gomez, but he's in based on what exactly?

Being better than other English centrebacks? Not exactly got a collection at the moment.

Tbf to him, I think if you gave him a nice consistent run of games for Liverpool, he'd hit his stride perfectly and really start to iron out his game, a bit like Soyuncu has - I see them as somewhat similar centrebacks actually. 

15 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I like City players being in England squads.  It's a shame Vardy quit really, he is better than any of those players!

Yeah he is but we seem to be glued to be playing one up front so nobody gets in front of Kane. I mean, fair play, his goalscoring record is superb but it annoys me more that it's like we have to play with one up front. What happened to Vardy is now happening to Callum Wilson. Wilson deserves a shot up front too but we don't move away from 4231 even when we're playing qualifying games against teams we should beat.

I'll also expect Maddison to get a massive playing time of 0 minutes.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Pretty certain he'll play.

They'll use the excuse that he's still recovering from injury (despite playing pain-free against Liverpool) so he misses the Czech Republic game and then it'll be a token 5 minutes at CDM at the end of the Bulgaria game when we're already 3-1 up, thus making him inelligible for RoI so he can't switch nations.

Then he'll be forgotten about again in favour of Mount in n10 and Harry Winks at CM.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah he is but we seem to be glued to be playing one up front so nobody gets in front of Kane. I mean, fair play, his goalscoring record is superb but it annoys me more that it's like we have to play with one up front. What happened to Vardy is now happening to Callum Wilson. Wilson deserves a shot up front too but we don't move away from 4231 even when we're playing qualifying games against teams we should beat.

Even if we do stick to one up front, surely Wilson needs to start ahead of Kane every now and then. No reason why he can't start one of these qualifiers. Because I know what will happen, Kane will get injured pre tournament and then everyone will be panicking at Wilson's lack of international experience. He needs game time for England.

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach

I think we can say Tammy Abraham is the real deal , gets in the right position time and time again like Owen , he is a tall lad as well and he must be a threat to Kane . If he outscores Kane this season then the clamour will start.