Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

England squad for Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Bulgaria - Chilwell and Maddison

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Has Abraham committed his future to England? I thought he was undecided and these are competitive games so no changing afterwards.

My thoughts on why he's been called up. Mainly that he's been playing brilliantly, but think him being undecided on playing for Nigeria or England has had a say in him being called up

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I think we can say Tammy Abraham is the real deal , gets in the right position time and time again like Owen , he is a tall lad as well and he must be a threat to Kane . If he outscores Kane this season then the clamour will start.

Well he won’t outscore him so that’s not even a worry

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Looking forward to seeing Mount play!

Tbf Mount is actually pretty decent already and a serious talent – I know we all got the arse Maddison didn't play in the last round of fixtures but I was more peeved that Lingard and Alli (and, to an extent, Barkley) were still dead certs rather than Mount getting the nod.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I like City players being in England squads.  It's a shame Vardy quit really, he is better than any of those players!

Southgate never had the smarts to understand how to use him.

Plus he has the london love affair with Kane

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Glad those pair have finally been dropped. Both been very poor for a while.

Alli's gone right off in the last couple of years.

Really strange the way Alli started off like a house on fire and has petered out so quickly. 

7 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

What’s wrong with Henderson and Winks? Both very good midfielders. 

I personally think England haven't got a defensive midfielder who could sit back and allow the fullbacks to push on. Declan rice - I'm not a fan of his and not really sure what the hype is around him. I think if Hamza carries on his development, he should be the one to take and make that spot his own. Exactly what England need.

• Like 1

While southgate us in charge england will not win... so non of this matters. 

First.England adopt a 433 that is fine againt low quality opposition.  When we pkay better teams or with a high press we are rumbled.

Second. Southgate is..like puel. .. an uninspiring leader... he cannot generate the group mentalty to create momentum in a tournament (i hope he goes to spurs). El tel was the last such manager of england.

Third ...his first choice players are not world class and kane is developing a self doubting mentality... you can hear it in his recent interviews.  He is trying to be positive about winning to counter his own  self doubt... he is trying to convince hinself. We need winners