Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

England squad for Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Bulgaria - Chilwell and Maddison

4 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Sorry, when you said SLUB, I thought you were a former employee of the Leicester Knitwear trade. 

Sounds Like Utter Bollox...that Madders would throw a sicky just because he wants to join Harry at OGS's funny farm to play in a shit team living off past hsitory before 70,000 deluded plastics.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Sounds Like Utter Bollox...that Madders would throw a sicky just because he wants to join Harry at OGS's funny farm to play in a shit team living off past hsitory before 70,000 deluded plastics.

nice, never knew that acronym, thanks!

I see where my dreadful joke took you, but I wasn't intending any Maddison links to Man Utd, only time will tell there.

I personally can't see him going to another team as soon as Man U are allegedly hoping for.

Unlike Maguire, I reckon we have an age advantage with Maddison, but I think it does put a bit of pressure on us to make European qualification. 

On 10/10/2019 at 18:45, An Sionnach said:

If you are English and play for Spurs you walk straight into Southgate's team . Even the burger man thinks he might get a call up.

Better bet than Dier!... 

He looks like he's eaten a few quarter pounders! 

Edited by weller54

12 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Maguire tonight, dear oh dear! Not just him though. 

Did nothing but grab hold of attackers all night, lucky not to have pens given against him.

At fault for the second goal, him and Pickford having  ago at each other after the goal.

And Kane gets yet another pen, it seems to be the only way he can score for club and country.

Pickford, Keane, Rose, Rice.

All mediocre and players that would underwhelm me if they were unveiled by Leicester.

Kane obviously a good goalscorer but his style of play does not lend itself to modern football. Doesn't do enough to press high and he isn't a threat in behind.

But he'll never be dropped by Southgate, he's not got the cajones to make a big call like that. Too happy to make the easy calls and ride the WC wave a little longer.

Edited by Nod.E

On 10/10/2019 at 14:01, henrik_62 said:

Classic case of over-analysing here.

Maddison has only recently made the breakthrough into the senior squad, he's not going to drop out because he can't be arsed, he'll be desperate to make an impression in that squad.

He has fallen ill, he's a human being and will be susceptible to viruses, colds and whatever else at this time of year like the rest of us.

One of the most reasonable and rational posters on this site is a Celtic fan.

Just saying.

• Like 3

After reading the match reports I'm more than thrilled I didn't stay up until 4am out here watching that rubbish.

Mind you, I hardly ever bother watching England now. I don't know what happens to our players when the pull on that shirt. Whether it's the succession of dire managers the FA appoint, fear, they bottle it, or they just don't give a rats ass, I don't know, but it's truly awful most of the time.

I don't even like watching our own players anymore. I'm actually pleased now when they don't play. England had no idea how to play the gem that is Jamie Vardy. Have you noticed it's since his England debut, Chilwell seems to have gone backwards? And I'm afraid the same will happen to Maddison. Apart from Iheanacho, our other internationals seem to improve, but not when with England.

Even the World Cup, we were really lucky how the draw fell for us, but we still blew the best chance we've had since '66 to win it.

Maybe it's just the simple fact that too many Spuds players are in and around the team, who are used to bottling winning situations.

Guest Markyblue
9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

One of the most reasonable and rational posters on this site is a Celtic fan.

Just saying.

Henrik-62 is always good,  pity he supports Celtic but nobody is perfect. 

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Replace them four with Pope, Gomez (arguably, good player but not playing enough football tho), Chilwell and Maddison (with Henderson going on holiday holding) in the team tonight and I think the side looks a lot stronger. 

Trent at right back too, waste of time bothering with Trippier and Wan-Bissaka when we have two of the best right backs in the world in Walker and Trent, scandalous the former has been left out the last two squads. 

Corrected for you :)

14 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That was awful. Oh dear. Madders and Ben were best out of it.

Could end up being a huge plus for both as that was a shit show.  

Southgate has a strange loyalty / fondness for certain players like Rose, Rashford and Keane and it will cost us in the tournament finals next year. He said he’d only pick players that were playing well for their clubs but the aforementioned players have been dreadful for months. I also personally think Rice is massively overrated for both West Ham and England and was dreadful last night. 

But there’s still time to sort things out. A front 3 of Kane, Sterling and Sancho is as good as anyone else and maybe if we played similarly to Liverpool we could work around our biggest weaknesses that is our midfield but relying on that front 3 and our fullbacks. 

I’d also get Maddison in ASAP and I’m not just saying that as a Leicester fan. He’s by far and away the most creative and possibly even most technical player and those are essential to winning at the elite level. 

Problem is I think Southgate will stick to his favourites. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Could end up being a huge plus for both as that was a shit show.  

Southgate has a strange loyalty / fondness for certain players like Rose, Rashford and Keane and it will cost us in the tournament finals next year. He said he’d only pick players that were playing well for their clubs but the aforementioned players have been dreadful for months. I also personally think Rice is massively overrated for both West Ham and England and was dreadful last night. 

But there’s still time to sort things out. A front 3 of Kane, Sterling and Sancho is as good as anyone else and maybe if we played similarly to Liverpool we could work around our biggest weaknesses that is our midfield but relying on that front 3 and our fullbacks. 

I’d also get Maddison in ASAP and I’m not just saying that as a Leicester fan. He’s by far and away the most creative and possibly even most technical player and those are essential to winning at the elite level. 

Problem is I think Southgate will stick to his favourites. 

I understand why Southgate uses Rose and another RB to vary between the two sets, but Rose has been awful for a while. There are a few English LB's doing well that he could use. But how Keane gets a start is beyond me. Gomez should be starting and sorting a partnership with Maguire out.

I had the argument about Rashford's inclusion on reddit, quite frankly no idea why he's used or brought on ahead of attackers such as Wilson or Tammy. He's been useless for United and hasn't performed for England in a while. 

Rice is better for West ham in the higher tempo game they play, England are slow and sluggish on the ball which doesn't suit him.

Fully agree with your Liverpool suggestion, we have the players to use a similar style and 3 brilliant attackers to start and some great replacements on the bench.    

Maddison should be given an opportunity too, Mount is a good player but less technically gifted than Maddison. But as you said the favourites of Southgate will be out downfall, its taken long enough to lose Alli and Lingard

• Like 2

Harry and Keane may struggle to make the squad. What a very poor pairing they are. I cannot believe how far Maguire has regressed since leaving us.  No one would pay anything near to 80M quid for him now. Well done board- excellent business.  Signing Soyuncu also a fantastic master-stroke.