Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

England squad for Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Bulgaria - Chilwell and Maddison

Guest Cujek

England are a joke and will continue to be so whilst Southgate is in charge and FA push the big team agenda. 

We need to modernise the whole setup to be competitive. 

Yes we reached a semi final of the world Cup but when it mattered we bottled it against a top team, we will carry on doing this while we play like we do. 

I would prefer no Leicester player be apart of the current farce of a set up. 

17 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Has withdrawn from England squad due to illness according to sky. 

makes you wonder if the starting 11 for both games gets announced early to the squad and he just cba with being on the bench again after all his hard work.

Edited by les-tah

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Remember when Vardy kept getting called up in 2015/16 but was always mysteriously injured or unwell by the time of the games, then returned to Leicester as fit as a fiddle.....?

Drinkwater dont you mean? That kind of went under the radar at the time but he literally pulled out of 4 or 5 consecutive squads and never missed a game for us after. Then there was that story that Southgate basically turned round and said **** you then. I think by the sounds of it, Drinkwater was taking his revenge for being dropped for Euro 2016

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, les-tah said:

makes you wonder if the starting 11 for both games gets announced early to the squad and he just cba with being on the bench again after all his hard work.

Yep.

Southgate: “Hi James, just calling to let you know that you’re not starting either game. I only put you in the squad to appease the media”

Madders: “Fvck you then. I’m going off on the sick”

• Like 1

I do wonder if this is playing out the same as the Vardy and Southgate situations..Vardy was  always out of the squard for minor reason and very quick to retire and very quick to say he would not return for england, I do not think that was out of desire of not wanting to play for his country.

Vardy I get the feeling if he ever does a book might tell a few truths about his time with england under southgate,  might be a interesting read.

Madison I get the feeling has a simular relationship,  wants a free number 10 role but southgate prefers inside wingers with out and out pace like sancho, or Mount who is more of a inside 8.

13 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I would say multiple caps and trying to get your first cap is the difference.

I know what your saying, but I don’t think he can genuinely do much more to warrant a cap. It’s a bit mental he’s not got 1 cap yet and Mount has 2. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Drinkwater dont you mean? That kind of went under the radar at the time but he literally pulled out of 4 or 5 consecutive squads and never missed a game for us after. Then there was that story that Southgate basically turned round and said **** you then. I think by the sounds of it, Drinkwater was taking his revenge for being dropped for Euro 2016

Revenge on who? Southgate wasn't the manager at Euro 2016.