Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

we are all gutted.... but we should take the positive that we are getting there.  there is no reason why we can't finish 3rd this term

The positive is that we know we can compete with the so called big teams, the second half the reds were on the ropes they looked nervous 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

And we call other teams fans entitled.  We lost in the last seconds away at the European champions.  Ive seen comments from we didn't attack enough to showing to much respect.  Have you ever thought maybe we done as much as we could against a top team. We should be proud of the boys and move on were doing fine.

It's not necessarily entitlement. There were quite a few neutrals saying they'd hoped to see more of an attacking threat from Leicester.

On another day we could have taken points off them so it's important not to gloss over things we might do differently next time around. As in the Man U game, Vardy was on the fringes of the game, the full backs struggled, we didn't create a great deal. I wasn't convinced that the lopsided formation helped Chilwell and Maddison for the first hour.

None of that means we should expect a result at Anfield, or that we failed to give them a serious run for their money. And it doesn't mean things wouldn't have been worse still if Rodgers had, say, played Albrighton on the left with Chilwell, or committed more numbers going forward. 

So I'm quite positive about things, but still think that some of those making critical comments have a point here and there.

55 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Adam Lallana is a real peice of shit aswell btw. An appalling human being, always over aggressive and going at people. 

I honestly think he’s a Championship player now. Can’t believe he’s still at Liverpool, must be out of contract soon surely 

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

He's right. No Shame in today. Not for me. Keep building that mentality and belief. That's what I saw today.

We did okay. 2 shots and only 1 on target cannot be claimed to be a great performance though.

They were the better team but we defended well. We weren't adventurous enough in the first half but most of our players had decent games.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I do wish we’d stop going away from home and letting the opposition come and attack us. I know it’s not easy at a place like Fannyfield but we are such a better side when we just go for it. I can see us beating them at home IF we play the high pressing, quick countering game.

I still hate scousers. 

Fannyfield wow 

• Haha 2