Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

It was harsh for us to lose this way but I'm still disappointed with how we are playing away at the big clubs this season, theĀ lack of chances created again. Saltzburg carved through them with ease mid week and Adrian isn't exactly a top class keeper, we tested him once. Vardy used to be a threat against the big six but not anymore.

SmartSelect_20191005-185958_BBC Sport.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

It was harsh for us to lose this way but I'm still disappointed with how we are playing away at the big clubs this season, theĀ lack of chances created again. Saltzburg carved through them with ease mid week and Adrian isn't exactly a top class keeper, we tested him once. Vardy used to be a threat against the big six but not anymore.

SmartSelect_20191005-185958_BBC Sport.jpg

I agree with that

I think we give some sides too much respectĀ 

Lovren in a defence v vardy looked promising but the big V made little impact in the first half.

Ā 

Our performances could have been better but our effort was excellent throughout. We just didn't have another outlet to sting them.

Ā 

I'm a lot happier with the overall performance than Man U but we could do with another Ulloa like in 2014-16.

Just now, lcfcfan97 said:

Badly need to buy two quality wingers. Also I'd like to see 442 with Perez and Vardy upfront together

At least one. I think Barnes can get there, but it doesn't help when our best creative force is out on the wing rather than positioned centrally so that he has the angle to pass to players like Ricardo and Harvey. When you put Madders on the wing, you lose the threat of him passing to the right wing and FB, which allows the defense to coalesce around Vards and to keep Tielemans off the ball. With Maddison on the wing, it is a simple strategy -- keep Vards in front of the CBs and deny Tielemans the ball, and you have nobody left to create and push the ball to players in dangerous parts of the pitch.Ā Today Liverpool forced Praet to beat their defense with his creativity by denting Tiels the ball, and he was unable to do so. Praet is a very good player, but he is not that much of a creator at this point. We are a credible attacking threat against elite sides when we have Maddison and TielsĀ in the middle of the park. We aren't much otherwise, as our 2 shots today, 1 on goal, reflect.

It's the part of modern football that I hate the most players diving after receiving the faintest of touches. I hate to see it.Ā 

Ā 

We lacked creativity today and could not string a run of passes together in Liverpools half resulting in us beingĀ constantly under pressure.Ā 

We were wasteful in possession throughout the 90 minutes.Ā 

Ā 

In a match where we needed everyone to be to be on it for 90 minutes only 3 players put in a decent solid performance...Praet, Soyuncu & Albrighton in the time he was on.

Harsh on Albrighton had he not won the ball when he did they were clean through anyway. Admittedly he could have booted it, but Kasper called for it. And if he'd booted it and they'd scored from the corner we'd be equally gutted.Ā 

Ā 

It's a soft pen. If it'd been Vardy at the other end the scousers would have gone mental.Ā 

25 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Ā 

I understand the frustration, but we were one brain fart away from a point at the reigning European Champions and a team that finished with 98 points last season. We blatantly played to try and nick something and we nearly did. So I'd say the plan almost worked.

Ā 

Our start to this season has still been very good, with our two defeats away from home to historically massive clubs. Sure in an ideal world you'd love to see us go full throttle but the new manager has only been here 6 months. If we keep going the way we have, we will still have a very good season, and I think Rodgers being pragmatic is a good thing, as he was often accused of not doing that at previous clubs.

Ā 

The Man United game I will agree with though, we were way too passive. In this one I felt we were OK.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Adam Lallana is a real peice of shit aswell btw. An appalling human being, always over aggressive and going at people.Ā 

This just reminded me of him grabbing someone round the neck in a youth game

Edited by Lcfc-1992

Just seen it on the Sky Sports highlights. Could someone tell me what made ManƩ right ankle buckle so?

I mean maybe if itā€™s connected to his right bootlace; or maybe itā€™s the angle which he plants his foot down (toe first!)Ā 

None of which is due to the minimal contact Marc inflicts.

Ā 

Unlike TAAā€™s Achilles rake on Youri!Ā 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Iā€™d agree with you at Old Trafford but Liverpool were excellent for large spells today.Ā 

Liverpool are much better than Man U at the moment,Ā soĀ yeah I think we applied ourselves well today and were close to getting what would have been a very good point.Ā 

Guest Markyblue

And we call other teams fans entitled.Ā  We lost in the last seconds away at the European champions.Ā  Ive seen comments from we didn't attack enough to showing to much respect.Ā  Have you ever thought maybe we done as much as we could against a top team. We should be proud of the boys and move on were doing fine.

43 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Even Geoff thinks it's soft.

Ā 

IMG_20191005_193129.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

its nothing Vardy hasnā€™t done on numerous occasions. there was contract and he made a meal of it. vardy has won countless penalties that way.

nice few lines on the BBC website:

Ā 

Ā 

Leicester City arrived at Anfield with many tipping them as serious top-four contenders given the crisis at Tottenham and the transitions taking place at Chelsea and Manchester United.

Nothing on view here suggested this is a false claim. This is a very impressive side superbly organised by Rodgers.