Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

6 hours ago, Hammo said:

The thing is, he’s so bad at defending that every team bar none has now targeted him.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Chilwell has become a liability.

100% that he is/our left side is being targeted now because he is clearly the weak link. I first started questioning his defensive capabilities and ‘fight’ last season when west ham kept attacking our left with Antonio against him, absolutely exposed. What really irks me is that he constantly and visibly tries to blame his teammates.

how long does the “England’s “best” left back” argument hold up for?? 

Making Champions League with Leicester makes it harder to justify any move, of course no player goes out there to lose or play badly but ultimately is he really that bothered?

Having said that he has a long way to go and a lot to learn - Clubs watching these players who are being linked with big moves, why would they want them?

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

His head has been turned by all the talk of big money moves. He has to get back to defending first, His positioning for the Goal in the first pass was appalling. Plus the first rule of defending is not to let the Winger cross the Ball. 

I’ve just watched this back and there’s so many ways you can look at it. Either one of Soyuncu or Barnes could have come across to double up, making it easier for Chilly to cut off the space down the line.

Yeah, it does look a bit weak but the cross goes all the way to the other side of the box...why are Perez and Ricardo not getting any blame for not getting out to block the shot...

18 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

His head has been turned by all the talk of big money moves. He has to get back to defending first, His positioning for the Goal in the first pass was appalling. Plus the first rule of defending is not to let the Winger cross the Ball. 

Yeah, given his dismal record of not blocking much, he may as well commit and try to block it. The opposition winger crosses with ease anyway because he stands so far back.

• Like 2

You can’t honestly watch this guy over the last 3 months and say he should be Leicester’s first choice let alone England’s first choice.

Every time you see the ball go towards him you are expecting him to have a poor touch. He’s literally ran the ball off the pitch several times and he doesn’t know how to make a run behind the opponents full back. It’s night and day compared to Ricardo.

The complete shiteness of our left flank is putting so much pressure on the right that neither are working. Defend against the right and we’ll have to go left and eventually the ball will be lost. Probably straight in to touch.

100% the left is being targeted defensively too. The only positive there was that He did alright against Traore for 20 mins or whatever it was.

He needs to get re-focused on improving as a player rather than trying to be friends with every other footballer in the league (likewise with Maddison). Too busy trying to hug and shake hands with all the opposition players every game instead of focusing on the match. 

People banging on about him being England’s first choice left back- our last game was in November and he wasn’t playing bad then, he’s probably had 2-3 good games since. He’ll be lucky to be included in the 23 if he keeps these performances up. Can honestly see Southgate calling Saka up for the games at the end of March and Shaw is back playing for united and playing well so he needs to book his ideas up. 

Edited by Messi

2 hours ago, adam95581 said:

I’ve just watched this back and there’s so many ways you can look at it. Either one of Soyuncu or Barnes could have come across to double up, making it easier for Chilly to cut off the space down the line.

Yeah, it does look a bit weak but the cross goes all the way to the other side of the box...why are Perez and Ricardo not getting any blame for not getting out to block the shot...

It's all about decision making, From the midfield pass Chilly was in no mans land and not close enough to anybody. His first response should have been to revert back to a Full back, Taking up a position tighter to the Winger. Then their midfield would have had to do something different with the Ball. Chilly didn't and so it made the pass out wide the correct ball to play.

Chilly further compounded his error by not getting tight enough or stopping the cross. He done neither.

I also seen the Ricardo and Perez situation and you do have a point. Ricardo tucked in behind Evans anticipating the Ball into the Box. Which is the correct thing to do.Perez was caught Ball watching and also attracted to the Center instead of covering wide. When he should have being anticipating what Ricardo would do and so cover and wider players coming into that area. 

These might seem like small decisions, But when one player doesn't do the right thing it has repercussions elsewhere, Though not always ending with Goals.That's why it's important everyone in the Team know his job. And the first job of a full back is to defend. That should always be his priority.

Having said all that it was some finish from the Norwich player.

• Like 2

Just now, Always Next Year said:

Making the same mistakes over and over each week, agree get rid take the 60 mil if we can get it.

I would snap their hands off if someone offered to pay that, very over rated, delivery poor, defensively gets caught out far to much.

The only reason people rate him is because he’s good on the ball, and breaks  forward at pace, problem is when he gets in a good position 9 times out of 10 he’s clueless as what to do with it, so he stops in his tracks and plays it backwards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

He is a poor defender, always has been.

Yeah, he was never good defensively. We thought he had something to offer going forward while he could try to improve defensively over time. He has regressed going forward and has not improved one iota defensively. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

He is shot of confidence.

It doesn't help that Barnes doesn't really offer himself, I've always thought this, but Chilwell looking backwards instead of forwards has got to be his confidence.

But like I said regarding Fuchs' new contract. He isn't going to play, or be a first team regular now, so Chilwell has no other good competition.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Of all the bizarre declines in our player’s ability, Chilwell and Maddison’s are the most inexplicable.

It’s literally like they are totally different players compared to a few months back.

They look devoid of confidence?

Wonder what on earth has gone on at the club for this to happen?

Transfer speculation?

Bring back Ken Way! 

I think the fact fuchs is being offered a new contract is to try and help Ben out. To jump in when Ben needs resting etc and also to give him some help mentally and hopefully impart so experience and wisdom. I think Chillys head has gone and it makes me sad to think Brendan is still pushing him. Pull the lad out and give him some 1-1 support. The constant pressure and exposure he is getting will make it worse for him. I hope he is off of social media for a while too. I worry for his mental health.

Edited by Hales