Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Burton Albion 3-1 Post Match Thread

5 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Imagine if Gray had a consistent end product.... 

You'll be imagining for the rest of his career. He's had more than enough chances and the fact of the matter is that he just hasn't cut it.

Gray and Barnes have both got 6 premier league assists, except one has played 117 premier league games and one has played 28...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

You'll be imagining for the rest of his career. He's had more than enough chances and the fact of the matter is that he just hasn't cut it.

Gray and Barnes have both got 6 premier league assists, except one has played 117 premier league games and one has played 28...

Barnes has obviously been the superior player. However, we should consider minutes played instead of appearances as Gray obviously didn't play the full 90 minutes each time. Sometimes he'd be subbed on very late in the game. :dunno:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

Would've liked a better performance but getting through was all important. You don't want to be the story on nights like this.

Winning is all it is about.  We have a team that has learned to win and it becomes infectious just as losing is.

9 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He looked so dangerous at times, but he rarely capitalises on fabulous opportunities. I can see why managers persevere, but boy is he frustrating.

He's got an issue where he tries too hard to do something extraordinary and to not look shit, it often finds him in glorious positions where he just needs to keep his composure with a final killer shot or pass but his adrenaline/nerves or whatever it is causes him to balls most things up.

Edited by bfox

Thoughts on last night's match:

Job done in an entertaining match. 

Full marks to Burton for their contribution.

Several mistakes from us during the build up and execution of their goal.

Nine changes, so unreasonable to expect the same standard of play that we have been seeing of late,

but an encouraging example of the depth of our squad.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 2

Brilliant last night, enjoyed it. Thought we were okay, Tielemans controlled the game. Still not convinced with any of our front three although I thought Kelechi was decent. Burton should hold their heads high as they gave a good account of themselves, hope they make the top 6 in League One this season.

Great win and good to progress, but christ it was a dull atmosphere from our fans. Was stood at the back of the 'seating' section for our fans, and it felt like not one single person in that block wanted to be there. I understand some fans don't/can't sing for 90 minutes, but one can at least try. 

I'm sure that a lot of tickets for last night got dished around by the club and tbh it ruins the away ends. 

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Thought we we're going to cruise 5/6-0 but the poor finishing gave them a chance.  They had 2 great chances to make it 2-2.  But we're in the hat that all that matters at this stage.

It was really weird being in the home end.

Any photos of our end? I'm sure they sold more tickets than that end can comfortably hold. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Any photos of our end? I'm sure they sold more tickets than that end can comfortably hold. 

Was so much space towards the front, heard a lot saying the gangways etc were packed but I think that was down to people not moving down. I felt it was busier on that terrace a few years back in pre season than last night.

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Was so much space towards the front, heard a lot saying the gangways etc were packed but I think that was down to people not moving down. I felt it was busier on that terrace a few years back in pre season than last night.

Our group was okay to the left of the goal but I heard a 100 or so were taken to the right hand side bottom corner what access the front of the stand and they were letting 2s in at a time. 

Apprently it got abit over hand when people tried to rush through because they could hardly see anything. There was a conversation had to see if they could put away fans into the home section where them Leiceater fans where but it didnt happen