Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Burton Albion 3-1 Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

I wouldn’t say they were clear chances... they had that chance when their right winger blazed over from a tight angle and a good save by Ward but we were defo good and should have had 5-6 goals if our wingers were more clinical.

I agree. But we should never have allowed them back into the game in the way we did. We became complacent and sloppy which is not like us and disappointing. Like you say, our final ball was awful and on another day, we would have scored more goals. It was our defensive frailties that concerned me most. We could have really struggled tonight against a championship or higher team. Justin was caught out quite alot and didn't look as confident as he did against Luton. Like I said, glad we won but the performance wasnt great. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Also Ward had a nightmare on their goal. Straight through his hands. Was well hit but should have done much better. Great save from the half volley later on though made up for it a little. 

More than made up for it. At that point it's 2-2 and Burton could have gone on to win the game.

It was a very important save to make! A good one at that.

• Like 2

Got the result but lacked application at times. Felt like a training match where one team who is clearly better than the other is taking it easy and not too serious whillst the other despite not being very good are giving it their absolute everything.

To be truthful we never really got out of 1st gear but the finishing needs working on. Some of the chances that we wasted need to be put away.

Anyway pleased to get through and I'm going to go against the grain here and say let's have Man City at home in the next round. That for me will again be another indicator of how far we've come under BR and let's be honest if we want to win this competition then we're going to have to play at some point so might as well get them out of the way now. 

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

At one stage in the first half I thought it would be another thrashing, but fair play to Burton and especially their keeper who was very good.

Nice for Kalechi to slot.

Gray and Tielemans showed glimpses of glory.

Sorry but disappointed with Nacho, second to every ball and totally ineffective after his goal. It just isnt going to happen for him.

Certainly not good enough as an understudy for Vardy.

• Like 1

Frustrating game, could have killed it off with abit of control and composure, on another night we could have won that 6 -2 but on another we could have lost it aswell.

Brendan needs to make sure the team do not become sloppy and complacent, too many times today, we gave the ball away or overplayed it.

On a personal note, what a thrill it is watching your team in a hot winter sun, the  swimming pool, drinking bear.  Envy those cookers that have that lifestyle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

Gray is not a bad footballer. I want to give him a shake sometimes though. Wish he'd scored, it wouldn't do him any harm. 

I agree. He’s definitely talented but for me he snatches at things and sometimes lacks patience and composure. Maybe he’s trying too hard and gets frustrated? I dunno. I like him but he does my head in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I would be up for a home game against them. If you presume we will have to beat them at some point to win it. Then now is the time rather than a 2 legged semi or 1 off Wembley final.

Very true but I also wouldn't fancy Liverpool over 2 legs either or in a 1 off final. Wish them bastards had been kicked out for fielding that ineligible player. 

50/50 for a decent draw really but you just know it will be man city or liverpool. The way we are playing at the minute I suspect they will not put out a weakened side against us either. That said  by  the same token we could do them if we are on it. Getting that feeling that it could be our year for silverware.

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I agree. He’s definitely talented but for me he snatches at things and sometimes lacks patience and composure. Maybe he’s trying too hard and gets frustrated? I dunno. I like him but he does my head in.

Could say the same about Barnes tbf. At least they're both creating goals

• Like 2