Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

England squad announcement - Euro 2020 qualifiers 07/11

9 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

literally have no idea why anyone watches england.

Zero atmosphere in the ground, usual turd commentary from mr bypass in the studio.

Come next summer we will get bummed the moment we play a country that has a population of more than 10 people.

Most England fans don't watch the team play for the atmosphere or the commentary though do they.

With our 3 group games plus semi's and final and Wembley next summer, I'd say we've got every chance.

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

Ya know, everyone's always ripping on Kane, but I think you have to take a step back for a second and look at the big picture. The amount of unimportant goals he's scored against absolute insignificant teams is staggering.

Combined with his uninspiring form once actually at the big tournaments (aside from a golden boot entirely made up of penalties other players won), and he truly is the successor to Wayne Rooney. Captain, Leader, Vanquisher of Minnows, Disappointment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Ya know, everyone's always ripping on Kane, but I think you have to take a step back for a second and look at the big picture. The amount of unimportant goals he's scored against absolute insignificant teams is staggering.

Makes you wonder just how many Charlton, Lineker and Shearer et al would have ended up with if they had been playing some of these sides. Lineker didn't get his first cap until he was Kanes age now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

literally have no idea why anyone watches england.

Zero atmosphere in the ground, usual turd commentary from mr bypass in the studio.

Come next summer we will get bummed the moment we play a country that has a population of more than 10 people.

Why did you watch Leicester in those wilderness years between relegation to the championship in 02 and finishing with relegation to leauge one season in 08? Terrible atmosphere and worse football. 

If your like me it's Because you don't support Leicester because they are good or because there is a good atmosphere you support them because it's in your blood and it's the same with England. 

I've had Plenty of good memories supporting my national team and I'm looking forward to plenty more.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Most England fans don't watch the team play for the atmosphere or the commentary though do they.

With our 3 group games plus semi's and final and Wembley next summer, I'd say we've got every chance.

Are the group games not going to be luck of the draw as to where they are played though?

4 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I get hammered for it quite alot because its such an unpopular opinion and isnt talked about at all on TV because hes the golden boy of English football - 

For someone who doesn't do much else but hold the ball up and finish, he isnt that great at bringing others into play and it isn't said about how many chances he needs. I've watched countless games where hes had 8 or 9 chances to get his 1 or 2. I think there was a stat that last season even Vardy was more clinical. And when you think about how much more Vardy has to his game, I know who id rather have.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I get hammered for it quite alot because its such an unpopular opinion and isnt talked about at all on TV because hes the golden boy of English football - 

For someone who doesn't do much else but hold the ball up and finish, he isnt that great at bringing others into play and it isn't said about how many chances he needs. I've watched countless games where hes had 8 or 9 chances to get his 1 or 2. I think there was a stat that last season even Vardy was more clinical. And when you think about how much more Vardy has to his game, I know who id rather have.

It was the same with Wayne Rooney, mainly penalties and goals against poor teams. But you can only score against who you play, England tend not to play many games against the better teams.

5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Mount's completely average performance paving the way for a Maddison start next game

I bloody hope so. Mount looked totally lost. Hopefully James gets his chance.

Last night show why international football is broken, and ultimately why England struggle.

I have no interest in watching England play in what is a glamorised testimonials.

Qualification consistently see minor nations put to the sword, and no real test for major nations.

When England turn up to a major tournament they are not battle hardened, so as soon as we come up against a decent side they struggle.

Guest An Sionnach
9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Last night show why international football is broken, and ultimately why England struggle.

I have no interest in watching England play in what is a glamorised testimonials.

Qualification consistently see minor nations put to the sword, and no real test for major nations.

When England turn up to a major tournament they are not battle hardened, so as soon as we come up against a decent side they struggle.

Amen to that , it destroys your soul.

37 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But that makes no sense if you only apply it to England in terms of a major nation not being "battle hardened." 

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Are the group games not going to be luck of the draw as to where they are played though?

Apparently each national stadium will host their own country at least twice in the group stages so England will be at Wembley for at least two and hopefully all three of their group matches.

Sounds a bit complicated but seeing as both semi's and the final are also at Wembley, UEFA might as well have held the whole tournament here really.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/uefa-euro-2020/overview

• Thanks 1