Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Vardy

2 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

3 goals 2 assists in 3 games this month. Surely a write-in for player of the month for the second consecutive month! 

Screenshot_20191123-165956_Twitter.thumb.jpg.13b8fbb282b2f2a51a6ce3255417274a.jpg

That would make him the 6th player to win 5 or more player of the months in the Premier league! 

Legend. 

That is quite the crowd to be linked with, all legends of the game!

On a side-note, I was at an awards do the other week and was sat next to some Preston fan... they asked me who the greatest player I've ever seen was, blue specs off... I still think it's Vardy! If he was early 20's he'd be worth more then Mbappe!

1 minute ago, evil jack said:

Correct me if I’m missing something but I make it 7:

Burnley (1)

Southampton (3)

Palace (1)

Arsenal (1)

Brighton (1)

No one appears to be discussing it so I must be wrong!

Sorry, had a few beers... I've interpreted it as how many consecutive games.

1 minute ago, evil jack said:

Correct me if I’m missing something but I make it 7:

Burnley (1)

Southampton (3)

Palace (1)

Arsenal (1)

Brighton (1)

No one appears to be discussing it so I must be wrong!

The record is for consecutive games scored, but yeh he's on 7 overall

• Like 1

The thing that makes vardy even better is that 95% of the time his game is so simple, but he is so good at being deadly. His game intelligence is also first class.

Take the first goal for example. Most strikers would have taken that on and not squared it, but his awareness and unselfishness meant he laid it on a plate for Perez. This was a crucial time in the game which was in the balance at that point. I guarantee you the likes of Kane et al. would have shot and potentially squandered it, when there was a better option. This is what makes him better than anyone imo, he makes the correct decision, which is also reflected in his conversion rate. 

9 minutes ago, shailen said:

The thing that makes vardy even better is that 95% of the time his game is so simple, but he is so good at being deadly. His game intelligence is also first class.

Take the first goal for example. Most strikers would have taken that on and not squared it, but his awareness and unselfishness meant he laid it on a plate for Perez. 

a bit revisionist. vards had had two clear cut chances that he didn't finish and that definitely factored in to him waiting

4 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

3 goals 2 assists in 3 games this month. Surely a write-in for player of the month for the second consecutive month! 

Screenshot_20191123-165956_Twitter.thumb.jpg.13b8fbb282b2f2a51a6ce3255417274a.jpg

That would make him the 6th player to win 5 or more player of the months in the Premier league! 

Legend. 

Mane probably the only player to challenge him this month. Shame that our game V Everton got moved to December 1st! Otherwise yeah he probably would have took it. Liverpool play the Saturday... 

Brilliant all round performance today! If we are being critical, he should probably have scored a few more goals, but he led from the front and though Kasper wears the armband, of recent I feel like Vardy is the real leader of the team. He set the example throughout the game, despite the rain and it's infectious and makes the others run as hard as he does. Very unselfish play on several occasions too, both Perez and Maddison should have scored from the chances he created for them.

Overall player of the season in the league for me so far. He's ageing like a fine wine!

The passage of play second half where he bullies their players in the centre circle and then beats the cb to the bouncing ball to go clear and set up Pérez (the first chance not taken) is just incredible ........ it should be shown to all kids who want to be a striker ......it’s not just about sticking it in the back of the net ......its the desire and the mucky stuff that needs doing !!!!

• Like 2

Less than a year ago he was on the periphery of our play, and in some games he is still less involved but it's quite amazing the difference in the two regimes. He was at the epicenter of every break we made yesterday, he was electric. 

What I love about this team is, we will quickly switch from either counter attacking to possession based football whatever the game requires of us. We only had 47% of the play yesterday as it became clear that with Brighton leaving gaps at the back with their play that we could set traps and then quickly expose them, food and drink to Vardy that. You love to see it, you really do.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting, hardly shocking given Southgate is still in charge.

Hardly shocking considering he just got stuck on the wings and was barely used effectively. 

Southgate is all about the youth development in the national team, no room for Vardy there,

I'd fully expect Vardy to reject the call-up, if Southgate ever gave him a call.