Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Liverpool's title?!!

Title? 

We're ahead of ourselves if solidifying the gap to 5th isn't the main focus. 

We can aspire for more sure. As things stand we are still in the hunt. 

For me, the key as to whether we will remain in the hunt is where we are after the game against them. Anything more than 8 points then I don't think it will be a dream 2nd title for us. 

Guest bennytwohats

Can’t help but lol at some of the comments in here. They’re unbeaten in 31 league games, have dropped 2 points in 14 games this season - it’s outrageous form, and they’re a class team.

Just enjoying where we are, consolidating a CL place would be an incredible achievement for us this year

1 minute ago, bennytwohats said:

Can’t help but lol at some of the comments in here. They’re unbeaten in 31 league games, have dropped 2 points in 14 games this season - it’s outrageous form, and they’re a class team.

Just enjoying where we are, consolidating a CL place would be an incredible achievement for us this year

They are winning games by a single goal, and rarely keeping a clean sheet. Lots of points, but not much room for error.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This place is actually going to become the fighting cock of 19-20 isn’t it.

Enjoiy where we are and **** Liverpool.

ahaha “going to become”???

i heard mariah carey when i went for an ale last night it’s that close to christmas, and they’ve still only dropped two points all season. and 90% of this forum doesn’t even think they are any good. 

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i heard mariah carey when i went for an ale last night it’s that close to christmas, and they’ve still only dropped two points all season. and 90% of this forum doesn’t even think they are any good. 

I am a Good Boy I am....I belong to the 10% :banana:

That 90% are preparing themselves for when we Pip them to the title..so they can say... " yehhh but Leicester only won because the mystical Top teams,had a really poor season in the end ,Good Teams Don t Drop 11-12 points..".....

Actually confirming that 90% of our fan base are all closet Chris Suttons,   :crylaugh:

7 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

You are an actual Liverpool fan aren't you.

8 hours ago, foxinsox said:

They are winning games by a single goal, and rarely keeping a clean sheet. Lots of points, but not much room for error.

True but that's enough. They are a great team, plays like a team, top top class players all over the pitch, and only lost one league game in how many matches?

I seriously think we would have to win almost every league game to even run them close and that isn't likely.

Yes they haven't won it yet but it is theirs to lose rather than other teams to win.

Edited by reynard

Losing Alisson for the next three games will have an impact. Adrian isn't anywhere near the same level. Fabinho is a big loss and it showed yesterday with the chances that Brighton were able to create. 

Obviously they're the favourites but I dont think it's a formality by any means. They've had a ridiculous start to the season but they will drop off at some point and then it's up to us to be able to capitalise. If we beat them on boxing day and both teams win till then, then the gap is five points with half a season to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

Losing Alisson for the next three games will have an impact. Adrian isn't anywhere near the same level. Fabinho is a big loss and it showed yesterday with the chances that Brighton were able to create. 

Obviously they're the favourites but I dont think it's a formality by any means. They've had a ridiculous start to the season but they will drop off at some point and then it's up to us to be able to capitalise. If we beat them on boxing day and both teams win till then, then the gap is five points with half a season to go.

Only a 1 game ban I’m afraid.

1 minute ago, shailen said:

We just need to stay with them, and be ready to capitalize if/when they drop points, still a long way to go, let's hope the pressure starts to get to them.

9 hours ago, TheCryptoPoet said:

Title? 

We're ahead of ourselves if solidifying the gap to 5th isn't the main focus. 

We can aspire for more sure. As things stand we are still in the hunt. 

For me, the key as to whether we will remain in the hunt is where we are after the game against them. Anything more than 8 points then I don't think it will be a dream 2nd title for us. 

The best way of consolidating top 4 would be to play the football we can to try to win the title. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, shailen said:

It's a 1 match ban.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...