Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 minute ago, Neutral said:

The gist you have is probably correct

Basically:

"Why are you walking away like this"

"My walk has changed"

"I have tried in many different ways to ask you for soap, but you won't give it to me. What is going on, why won't you help you brother?" (Soap having a double meaning: the secret behind your success or good fortune, but also just soap, which is the joke).

"I don't use soap anymore, I use shower gel now"

"What is this shower gel, I will go get it"

"The shower gel I use isn't for everybody, so I will put a small amount on your hands and you will use it to shower like this"

"How long will you do this?"

"Just for two weeks"

It is an ongoing series between them. Last time Ndidi was asking Iheanacho for his soap, but he said he couldn't respond as his phone was not charged since NEPA (which controls electricity in Nigeria, where it is notoriously unreliable) took the light away.

I love the Kel and Wilf double act 😁

This idea that a top footballer has shot out of nowhere. Is that actually backed up with his goal involvements per 90? I know it was around one every 90 for his time at man City and his brief appearances here, made all the more remarkable by the fact that it was often 10 minute cameos or being lugged off after an hour time and time again through no fault of his own. Is it not the case that with a consistent run in the team, his numbers are largely the same but simply bigger because he's getting the minutes and the confidence to make them happen, like he always has throughout his career. The fact he sat on the bench when Vardy was either unavailable or playing at what looked like, literally, 40% fit will always be mind boggling. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neutral said:

Basically:

"My walk has changed"

"I have tried in many different ways to ask you for soap, but you won't give it to me. What is going on, why won't you help you brother?" (Soap having a double meaning: the secret behind your success or good fortune, but also just soap, which is the joke).

"The shower gel I use isn't for everybody, so I will put a small amount on your hands and you will use it to shower like this"

"Just for two weeks"

It is an ongoing series between them. Last time Ndidi was asking Iheanacho for his soap, but he said he couldn't respond as his phone was not charged since NEPA (which controls electricity in Nigeria, where it is notoriously unreliable) took the light away.

Thanks yeah, I was pretty much there.

This one threw some more light on it

https://twitter.com/FansTribeHQ/status/1383876173772431361?s=08

Funny as hell

22 hours ago, Neutral said:

Basically:

"My walk has changed"

"Just for two weeks"

Will these exchanges be published with footnotes and an introductional text discussing the wider philosophical implications of their exchanges and how it may guide proper behaviour and appreciation of modern day life. I will purchase it alongside “Chat shit, get banged, volume 7: Implications for a just society“.

Frankly, without Nacho we would have been much worse off (probably out of European places).

He's had a hand in EVERY goal we've scored in the last 3 games (including the dummy tonight on Marc's goal), and has racked up 6 goals and 3 assists in the last 6 games. We need a few others to similarly step up.  

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

In the second half he was one of a couple who were genuinely trying to do something, to keep the ball and pass and move. Another lovely finish.

He's taken plenty of criticism from fans and the manager hasn't helped him with his comments but he's kept going and delivered in the past two months and is looking like THE key player.

Actually thought Kel was poor last night. Was too selfish at times, kept shooting when the chance wasn't there, touch not great either and lost the ball loads. I hope he stays humble and doesn't let all the praise go to his head. He might be the main man now bit still has to play for the team. In all fairness Vardy was little better.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not his best performance but perhaps a little overwhelmed by the occasion. Seemed to be heavy legged and not his recent self. Seemed OK in the after match celebrations though. :D

He'll never look good in games like yesterday. He's not got the attributes required to play in a team that's sitting deep and hoping to counter attack. He's at his best when he's within 30 yards of the goal and either has a gap to shoot in or someone to assist. Wasn't upset with him, he did as expected.

• Like 1

This is going to sound incredibly harsh, but we didn't half carry him for most the game. He could have turned Rudiger so many times, and we know he has it in his locker too. He wanted to take 2-3 touches before he did anything else and with the way Chelsea play, he was just crowded out over and over. 

Do we still start him tomorrow? Yes, as I think he is still our most lethal finisher and he shouldn't be anywhere near as nervous, but I hope we see a much better Iheanacho, as we will need everyone at their best to do Chelsea again 

• Like 2

We have to consider the fact that he has not played thus number of minutes consecutively in his entire career as a senior pro. Little cramps, mental fatigue, general weariness will set in at some point. He'll be fine once he gets used to this "new normal "

• Like 1

He looked really nervous during the game, and not at all like his usual confident self of late. It was a final after all and in some ways it's more surprising some of our other players like Thomas didn't suffer the same fate.

He was correctly hooked, and the occasion will be a valuable learning experience for him. 

He was taking up good positions and trying to do the right thing, but he just kept losing the ball and having it bounce off him.