Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

He's becoming the new Jimmy Greaves. Can't believe I just thought that! But he's suceptibly lethal. Never seems to hit the ball that hard. Seems to pass it into the net. Just like Greaves. I'm definitely not a Spurs fan. Just grew up with the likes of the aforementioned and Denis Law, who were then the definition of goal scorers. 

9 hours ago, OadbyBlue said:

Scored a goal on monday

twatted one in on Tuesday 

walloped one home on a Wednesday... and on Thursday and Friday and Saturday 

scored on Sunday 

Remember Mothers Day ?

Got to be

Three on Sunday

• Like 1

I thought it was odd management to leave him out from the start last night in favour of three players who have scored 3 times since the 1st of March. Kelechi has scored 16 times in that same time frame alone. He was very poor in the Cup final, but was not alone in that distinction. Just seems to me that leaving your principal and recently, only, goal threat on the bench in a match of that magnitude is a case of outsmarting yourself.

• Like 2

Brendan saw that he got man handled on Saturday and thought he would try to outsmart Tuchel by shifting up the line up. Problem is he was being man marked for a reason and without that it freed them up to basically pass through our midfield like it wasn’t there.

• Like 1

Has been great in this second half of the season and his status and reputation has changed, in the coming year or two he could become the main striker and Vardys eventual departure will be more a case of finding someone to do what Nacho did in the previous 18 months or so i.e be around the squad, starting, coming on as sub, in and out depending on formation, rather that worry about an all out replacement for Vardy as he is now as that could be Nacho. When Barnes is fit it will be interesting though re formation, if we go with left winger, right winger and Nacho at CF they need to get close and not leave him isolated.

Massive season so far, next season he really could be a standout player in the league, remember goalscorers are priceless, look at Cheatsea, where's their 20 goal CF?

In a post Vardy world, I’ve always been a little apprehensive of Nacho taking his place because of lack of pace. But I think I’m right in saying that Kane isn’t all that quick? As long as we have other pacey players around him it could work. Barnes is one if he makes a successful come back from injury.

8 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

In a post Vardy world, I’ve always been a little apprehensive of Nacho taking his place because of lack of pace. But I think I’m right in saying that Kane isn’t all that quick? As long as we have other pacey players around him it could work. Barnes is one if he makes a successful come back from injury.

Like you I've never thought him to be particularly pacey. However, on fotmob he gets a rating of 92! No idea where they get their numbers from. Personally, I don't think he's that quick but he definitely has a very quick  brain. He might be very quick over the first few metres,. Maybe that's it. 

https://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa21/player/kelechi-iheanacho/20215

• Thanks 1

I still don't think he's necessarily a long term answer to Vardy, he's a different type of striker, but he's 100% good enough to feature and to keep around. He's got something for sure.

I dunno if it's how much I used to not rate him and I subconsciously overcompensate but I find him very likeable.

1 hour ago, enmac said:

Like you I've never thought him to be particularly pacey. However, on fotmob he gets a rating of 92! No idea where they get their numbers from. Personally, I don't think he's that quick but he definitely has a very quick  brain. He might be very quick over the first few metres,. Maybe that's it. 

https://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa21/player/kelechi-iheanacho/20215

Acceleration maybe, but no real pace. I laughed at the numbers too.

I think he isn't really built as a runner, he has funny hips which are probably part of the reason he can generate a lot of power with next to no backlift. He's proven at this level now, pace or not, and he is probably the reason we still have any kind of chance of CL.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Not been at his best since Wembley, hope he doesn’t drop back into his old form.

It goes back longer than that. His purple patch rescued our season. But he’s well abs truly back in

a dark grey patch. As Vardy’s finishing diminishes, o. Just can’t see how one striker will be sufficient in the summer. Is there anyone emerging in the younger age groups that can play as a genuine striker as opposed to a wide forward? 

Just now, theessexfox said:

Yeah he looked poor today, whether it's fatigue or nerves or just a lack of confidence, but he has dragged us so far and he deserves our full support going into next season.

Looks best when confident and playing on instinct. So many of his goals and chances he's seen the picture and acted decisively and quickly.

Seems to overthink sometimes and when its laboured or slow or even considered, it doesn't seem to work. We didn't play with enough pace and zip today and that probably didn't help him.

• Like 1

Unusual player, he does seem to be more instinct than premeditated finesse but then some of his through balls from when he drops deep and gets on the ball are exceptional so I'm not sure.

One thing is certain, he has and will score a lot of goals. 

• Like 1