Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

10 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

It does make the competition for most improved player somewhat hot (Justin, Barnes, Iheanacho)

I think Justin and Barnes over Nacho, Nacho has been great for 4-5 games. 

The other 2 have been consistently in are top 3-4 players for around 20 games.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2021 at 09:33, filbertway said:

Very easy to panic and just hit it at the keeper in that position (see his strike partner at the moment ) I'd go back and watch it because I don't think you're remembering it right. Very interested to hear the other ways he scored from there. There's very little goal for him to aim at by the time he gets to the ball

image.png.592a51bae7031723268bc91bbb52c5ca.png

What really impressed me about that goal was the press.

Maguire passed it to Fred and as soon as he did that it triggered Tielemans to press Fred, Vardy blocked the pass to Lindelof and Iheanacho got in between Henderson and Maguire. The only pass on for Fred was a pacey pass to the GK which he messed up by not hitting it hard enough. 

A terrible choice of pass from Maguire to put him in that situation and terrible execution from Fred but a brilliant press from us that forced the mistake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

"Soon may the senior man come, to bring us sugar and tea and rum."

Great, that’s stuck in my head and now I need to listen to it on YouTube. Cheers, Geoff.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Really hoping the international break doesn't halt his momentum because even after everything, 25 million is looking like an absolute steal right now. He contributed so much against SU and yanited, played like a man possessed.

Gwan Kel, go and get another 10 goals this season

25m certainly will be a bargain because his goals are taking us to top 4 and a potential fa cup win... 

13 hours ago, TK95 said:

What a man. Even got a Senior Man Kelz facemask lol

Screenshot_20210325-001338_Instagram.jpg

For a player that people have constantly said that he needs confidence, this whole Seniorman thing that Wilf and Dan started must be like a new injection of life for him. That we've all gravitated to the banter with him and Ndidi has most likely helped him come out of his shell more and actually lets him show what he's capable of. I hope we never sell either because this Seniorman stuff is gold.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

I've mentioned it before but we need to be careful here. It's the first time he's shown any form in 4 years, I also have doubts whether he can perform in front of full stadiums.

I think playing regularly is the key here. He's scored some big goals for us in front of capacity crowds, but if you are only playing once every blue moon or 15 minutes here and there, no wonder he is inconsistent. Through sheer chance he's been given an opportunity and a run of games, and he has taken it brilliantly. He looks the £25m prospect we bought 4 year ago so why chance spending £30m+ on a striker who may be less effective.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I think playing regularly is the key here. He's scored some big goals for us in front of capacity crowds, but if you are only playing once every blue moon or 15 minutes here and there, no wonder he is inconsistent. Through sheer chance he's been given an opportunity and a run of games, and he has taken it brilliantly. He looks the £25m prospect we bought 4 year ago so why chance spending £30m+ on a striker who may be less effective.

10/15 goals in the league for us have came since playing in empty stadiums, he was also dropped from Nigeria for a few years after going 11 games without a goal. I've seen it many times where a player suddenly performs for a bit to earn themself a new deal, Lingard is doing it currently.

26 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

10/15 goals in the league for us have came since playing in empty stadiums, he was also dropped from Nigeria for a few years after going 11 games without a goal. I've seen it many times where a player suddenly performs for a bit to earn themself a new deal, Lingard is doing it currently.

His record when he plays in a front two is what's the difference between whether he does well or not. He's always scored and assisted alongside Vardy or another striker.

• Like 2

Our owners show loyalty and giving Nacho a new contract shows to other players that our club will support our players through the bad and good times!  Also we want to keep Ndidi and what type of message does it send to him if we just let Nacho go or sell him.

• Like 1