Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

18 hours ago, Bert said:

As well as we are doing and will do, we’ll never have the pull of the top clubs. This is a player that will get into pretty much every club side bar Liverpool at the minute. 

This. We all want LCFC to be every player’s dream, because it’s ours. But it isn’t. Pragmatism required. What we can be, is every aspirational player’s dream club to help them get to their dream club. Having a track record of developing young talent or helping genuine talent realise theirs is a pretty sound aspiration and business model. Maguire. Tielemans. Maddison. Ricardo. That’s the way forward for me. It puts pressure on us to find quality, but we now seem to have an infrastructure that will support is in that. Yes, it ends with a sale but brings a healthy profit more often than not and gives us a great, youthful team. Maybe one day we can be big enough for them not to want to move on. Just probably not in my lifetime. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

True mate, but I think you’re being a bit harsh on us. We were ridiculously good for 2/3 of this season so far, I’d fully expect us to be around the top 4 next season as long as we don’t lose more than one player. 

I don’t see us as being only 8 points ahead of Man U either, that’s a good buffer for us to sustain.

You're right that I've come off a bit negative there. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to be ahead of Man Utd by 8 points, and I think it is a good achievement. I'm just naturally inclined to look at the negative side of things sometimes. 

I just think that if the club stands still this summer, we won't be able to compete next season for CL. And losing CL would mean most likely losing Ricardo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sdb said:

You'd like to think we're pushing a new contract at him (RP) right now. He's injured, thus showing our loyalty, and we're sitting 3rd, looking good for CL football, touch wood.

I don't think he'd re-sign, but you're absolutely right that this is the time we should be doing it. If he were ever to accept it would be now.

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

This. We all want LCFC to be every player’s dream, because it’s ours. But it isn’t. Pragmatism required. What we can be, is every aspirational player’s dream club to help them get to their dream club. Having a track record of developing young talent or helping genuine talent realise theirs is a pretty sound aspiration and business model. Maguire. Tielemans. Maddison. Ricardo. That’s the way forward for me. It puts pressure on us to find quality, but we now seem to have an infrastructure that will support is in that. Yes, it ends with a sale but brings a healthy profit more often than not and gives us a great, youthful team. Maybe one day we can be big enough for them not to want to move on. Just probably not in my lifetime. 

In addition, I do think there is something exciting about improving players, particularly young ones. Of course it sucks when they leave but it feels good whilst it lasts - can anyone here claim that the club's faith in Soyuncu and his performances this year haven't given them a measure of satisfaction? 

If we can't be the best at winning the league, then we should be the best at something else, and developing young talent into their full potential would be a great and worthy undertaking. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

He's a really solid player, very few flaws but in an attacking sense its unfair to compare him to Ricardo who is likely in the top 5 attacking full backs in the Prem, if not Europe. I think we are at risk of really missing Ricardo when our right wingers are as workmanlike as Albrighton and Perez.

• Like 4

Its going to be interesting to see how he gets on. He's made a big step up through the divisions and looked pretty comfortable in his cameos so far, and once he truly settles he could be brilliant for us. Only 22 too, so plenty of room to grow and improve.

Replacing a top-tier player like Ricardo is always going to be a challenge (especially with some fans too quick to criticise with unrealistic expectations), so an extended run in the side under lockdown conditions without too much pressure could be perfect for him to make his mark.

Not sure who the best player to play in front of him is, though. Ricardo/Perez worked well together, but would JJ/Perez be as effective, or would Albrighton/Gray link up with him better? 

Guest An Sionnach

There are no real worries about Chilwell leaving but we will need to spend on another experienced full back. We should still have a fair bit of change as well.

He did well. Decent in the air. Solid. Really unfair to compare to Ricardo but difficult not to.

Justin is quick, positioning looked decent, just not got the flair of Ricky p.

Ricky p for me isn’t just one of the best full backs in the league, he’s one of the best players.

Edited by teblin
  • Like 3

The issue for us is, Ricardo is our best attacking player bar Vardy. Barnes has flashes of brilliance but is still trying to establish consistency and Maddison is becoming more and more involved in the midfield battle than to concentrate purely an creating chances, Ricardo is often our ace in the pack to make breakthroughs just as Ndidi is integral at breaking down oppositions attacks and opening the pitch up for us. Justin will be absolute sound for us defensively, I just hope he can get some freedom to attack as he seems an efficient crosser of the ball. We need one of Albrighton or Perez to have a real decent end to the season to support him.

• Like 1

People have said they confused why albrighton started, I think it’s a good move have experienced player like him infront of Justin to help him through the game, his work rate is excellent and he will have been talked all the way from albrighton, sensible management. On Justin I like what I see, good solid player all ready who can improve. Like many have said, he’s not on Ricardos level but there was no way we would be able to have a back up that good as they’d be demanding starts and walk into 18 out of 20 prem teams were that the case. A good end to the season for him and hopefully us getting Europe should see him involved a lot more next season. A snip at the price paid if he continues improving.

I think people are under-appreciating Justin's attacking prowess. Sure he isn't Ricardo, who is a top 3 European WB on attack but he gets down the wing well and crosses the ball intelligently. We are very fortunate to have him with Ricardo being out and I don't think he'll be costing us any points between now and the end of the season.

I was really impressed by his game on Saturday and I expect everyone to be raving about him at the end of the season. Mark my words Chelsea/Manure/ManC will be rumoured to be making a bid for him in July.

I believe in Justin, another great LCFC buy.

Thought he had a decent game against Watford. Slightly surprised he didn't make more forays forward but that was likely his instructions, and I also think that having Albrighton start ahead of him was also to provide him with a bit more protection than he would have got from Gray. If Perez is fit for Tuesday it will be interesting to see how that works out now that he has a full PL game under his belt.

A couple more displays like that and his confidence will soar and i think we may well find that we have a very capable player who has an bright future ahead of him.

Wow wow wow, I didn't realise while watching it just how well he'd done statistically. Defensively superb. I would love him to use that pace a bit more going forwards though. I feel like Perez might help with that as he naturally drifts narrower.

• Like 3

I think as a young man playing your first few PL games your probably finding your feet and being careful.

I think once he played a few more, he attacking qualities will come to the fore more.

Even Riccardo was a slow starter, give the boy a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying his performances. Playing 90 minutes and his experience is growing game by game. Getting far too much stick sometimes I think but he's proving good backup for Ricardo (never going to be as good as him so soon of course). 

Did Ashley Cole really call him Justin James as well lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/07/2020 at 19:25, UniFox21 said:

JJ has been brilliant these past 2 games,  managed well against both Aubamayang and Tierney and Zaha the game before. 

(Ignoring the fact he's 22)

Was about to be very excited at how young he was, I did think he was older than 20 lol. Imagine if he had put these performances in at age 20!