Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Very impressive young player and has performed very well almost every  time he has  played.

My suggestion would be not to get overly carried away about him too early. FT will always be looking for a new scapegoat and it will only need one or two average/below par performances from him and the negative doubters will be knocking him down as quickly as they have built him up.

• Like 1

Brilliant performance and deserves to keep his place against Watford.

Will be a completely different game for him though as he’ll likely be up against Sarr, which will provide a much sterner test than tonight. 

Too early to say if he’s going to displace Chilwell long-term but tonight was an excellent start and if he keeps it up I’m sure he will :scarf: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

IMO he should keep his place ahead of Chilwell against Watford. Hardly put a foot wrong and looked really dangerous going forwards. His pace might also help out against Sarr of Watford.

100%. Really impressed me tonight and deserved to keep his place. 

The only thing Chilwell has over him right now is the aerial ability but when goal kicks are pointed that way you'd hope there's enough cover around him to mop up second balls. 

The one thing Justin has in abundance is that he knows what he wants to do and is on the same wavelength as other players, in particular Barnes. Sometimes Chilwell doesn't know so if he doesn't, how would others?! I think it's a shame if Justin doesn't start on Saturday unless there's injury or fitness concern. Shown enough for me to start and it's amazing what a player with confidence can produce. 

• Like 1

It's easy to look good when an opponent is as lifeless as Villa was, and there were a couple of loose passes that could have led to chances for a more alert opponent.  Still, on the whole a very solid performance from a kid who clearly has the talent to be a big-time player.  The grass is always greener and no one more popular than the backup quarterback on a struggling team, but if nothing else you don't need to rush Chilwell back until he's 100% healthy.

• Like 4

Lack of left a problem at times but apart from that he was composed and excellent. The thing I liked about him was that he was more selective with his overlapping and forward runs. Chilwell goes at every opportunity and this can sometimes block the space. 

I like Chilwell but on recent form there is no way he should get back in on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Tonight was only JJ's 4th Premier League game! Cast your mind back to Gray, Chilwell or Barnes 4th PL game for us and compare it to JJ. Seems like a very promising player at 5m.

A very accomplished performance from the young man. I loved his confidence on the Ball. He wasn't afraid to get forward and commit defenders or offer support for Harvey. He looked like he's been there all season. A great find at 5 mill.

8 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Very impressive young player and has performed very well almost every  time he has  played.

My suggestion would be not to get overly carried away about him too early. FT will always be looking for a new scapegoat and it will only need one or two average/below par performances from him and the negative doubters will be knocking him down as quickly as they have built him up.

Image result for You New Here Meme

• Haha 3

He is dead unlucky really because he probably would have played about 25 league games for a good 12 other sides in the league. Looks good every time he plays and the fact he can play on both sides well is invaluable.

Edited by mancunianfox
Spelling

27 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

He is dead unlucky really because he probably would have played about 25 league games for a good 12 other sides in the league. Looks good every time he plays and the fact he can play on both sides well is invaluable.

Tbf, he decided to come here, and sit behind England's first choice left back. It might yet work out for him, but you can't say he's been unlucky when he knew what he was getting into.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Tbf, he decided to come here, and sit behind England's first choice left back. It might yet work out for him, but you can't say he's been unlucky when he knew what he was getting into.

Well he's predominantly a right back, and we had two left backs when he signed, so I would say he's initially signed as Ricardo's understudy. That said it's the same situation, he knew he was signing to sit behind our player of the year and one of the best in that position in the league.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

I think apart from Everton he'd get into every bottom half premier league side.

Guest An Sionnach

Chilwell's asset value should never be a consideration , only his form and fitness . His form has been very inconsistent , like Tielemans , so he needs to work hard on his game. We cannot carry players ,everybody should contribute.

His performance last night just made it even clearer how bang average Chilwell is. I hope Justin keeps his place and continues to impress. Every game he played this season, whether from the start or off the bench he has been impressive.

When a RB plays better at LB than the actual LB, it says a lot.

6 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

really bloody good. 

i don't quite know why chilwell gets the hate he does, but if we've got justin waiting behind him it's a non-contest for next week. 

Tbf to the Chilwell hate, he's been garbage recently. Comfortably our worst player the last few games and I'm glad Rodgers finally benched him. 

He's a young guy and hopefully he gets his form and confidence back but lately he hasn't looked like he even wants to be out there.