Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

21 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Left footed players are much more likely to be one footed than right footed players. That's why you get so many right footed left backs. Is Vardy right footed ? I wouldn't know he uses both feet with almost equal ability.

What foot does he always use for penalties?

2 hours ago, Slab Edd said:

There are people that are wondering why I slate chilwell especially now

It is because for the for the first time during a match I wasn't terrified everytime a team got a ball down our left side

It is because I saw JJ send Barnes racing with a pass. Simple,effective, quick.

I do not want chilwell in this team as I think he's just terrible, one match against Southampton won't change my mind

You're a clown mate he's had plenty of good games. Absolutely bonkers how you can turn having an academy player break into the team and then the England team into a negative. On topic, JJ had a good game and should be rewarded with another start. He has to play at that level for a lot longer before he can be compared to Chilwell though. He won't play well every week that's for sure.

• Like 4

Guest An Sionnach
11 hours ago, notnow john said:

What foot does he always use for penalties?

Right I think. , but have no doubt he could take them with his left.

I thought he had a great game and probably deserves to start this Saturday. But he will suffer a drop in form and bad games as has Chilwell who’s form dropped as with many during a heavy Christmas period, and this seems to have affected his confidence. When this happens back him, and maybe think about backing Chilwell as well which will help him regain form and confidence quicker which is to the benefit of us all.

Stop acting like a bunch of cultish freaks. 

• Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach
14 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I feel a bit sorry for Ughelumba, he should have had a chance to prove himself by now, if not with the team than at least on loan.

That applies to a number of our young players , but the loan system is far from beneficial to many young players who may have been with us for years . Strange town, strange colleagues, new coaching environment . Its no wonder many struggle , even seasoned pros often struggle badly when they change clubs.

On 11/03/2020 at 21:43, Foxymcoxy said:

You're a clown mate he's had plenty of good games. Absolutely bonkers how you can turn having an academy player break into the team and then the England team into a negative. On topic, JJ had a good game and should be rewarded with another start. He has to play at that level for a lot longer before he can be compared to Chilwell though. He won't play well every week that's for sure.

Agreed, and neither will he be up against such poor opposition. I just hope that when some flaws are revealed in his game when playing against a quality winger or midfield, that people are as equally as patient with him and recognise that he is still learning his trade. Even Chilwell is still learning but some people appear to have forgotten that.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Just now, Lionator said:

How much experience does JJ have on the left? Seems to have the attributes to be a replacement (and improvement) for Chilwell but we've only really seen him on the right.

Played pretty much a whole season there for Luton.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

How much experience does JJ have on the left? Seems to have the attributes to be a replacement (and improvement) for Chilwell but we've only really seen him on the right.

Don’t think experience as a left is all that different to experience as a right back. He’s fine at left back. But more than anything he’s a long term replacement for when Ricardo leaves us next summer. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Played there for Luton, a friend said he was the best player he came up against that season. Admittedly compared to L1 players but even still. Think that kid is gonna go all the way. 

12 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Oh great so we’re selling a great player once a year?

Let's be real, there's only so long we can keep hold of a player of his class. Clubs and neutrals fans alike have finally cottoned on to how good he is I think.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Oh great so we’re selling a great player once a year?

As well as we are doing and will do, we’ll never have the pull of the top clubs. This is a player that will get into pretty much every club side bar Liverpool at the minute. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Not sure with Ricardo tbh, as unbelievable as he is there aren’t many top clubs who need a right back or would pay the money we’d want either. If he wants to go, he’ll go, but we could match his ambition if we sustain qualifying for Champions League. 

Right now there aren't, but things change. And I think, unless we really pull a blinder this summer window, it will be extremely difficult to finish Top 4 next season (let alone this season, we're only 8 points ahead of Man Utd)

One good game against villa

one poor game against burton

some other promising appearances but not against strong opposition 

jury remains out and those who think he’s just going to waltz into our starting line up, three games a week and we won’t notice the difference are deluding themselves .....

could well be a good player for us over the next few seasons across all comps ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1