Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Left footed players are much more likely to be one footed than right footed players. That's why you get so many right footed left backs. Is Vardy right footed ? I wouldn't know he uses both feet with almost equal ability.

He really doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Justin will seemlessly step in and fill (and improve) our left-back position when Chilwell leaves for mega-money this summer, just like Soyucu did for 

You seem to have forgotten that, especially when in Europe next season, we will need more-or-less 2 capable players for each position. It isn't simply a case of Justin being prepared in order to replace Chilwell.  If we sold Chilwell we would still need to buy in another full back to bulk up the squad. (OK, we might be able to buy in cheaper and turn a profit, but it's not all about short term thinking. Why unnecessarily disrupt the squad by bringing in a newcomer?  It would also be a risk as there's no guarantee the newcomer would come up to expectations. )

No, we need to keep both Chilwell and Ricardo, and having Justin also in the squad is brilliant because he can play on either flank, and provides such good competition & cover. As long as he gets better support from the fans, and probably even without it, Chilwell will get back to his best soon.

How lucky we are to have probably the best trio of full back options of any club in the league.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Leicester will never sell Chilwell without a highly competent replacement being lined up. I have a thought he will eventually end up as a left sided attacking midfielder anyway. We also have a number of promising academy players who should not be overlooked . 

It's ridiculous to hype up a player this much after such a small number of first team performances. 

I worry that the people praising him the most now will be the same ones slating him when his form inevitably dips at some point. 

It was an abysmal villa team he did well against, not Barcelona. I think we need to see him do the same against a better range of opposition before deciding he's Luton's answer to Maldini! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I genuinely believe he did on the night. When has Chilwell produced that many forward passes and positive runs with an end product?

When he scored and set two up against Southampton 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Better than Chillers going forward, but Ben has much more experience at a high level. I reckon JJ's excellent performance increases BR's options, which can only be a good thing.

5 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

I'm glad that James Justin looks like a good backup of anyone comes in for Chilwell. 

But the criticism of Chilwell on here is waaaay over the top. He's had some very poor performances for us recently but he's also been absolutely excellent for long spells. He was bossing it around the time he had those England callups.

3 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

It's ridiculous to hype up a player this much after such a small number of first team performances. 

I worry that the people praising him the most now will be the same ones slating him when his form inevitably dips at some point. 

It was an abysmal villa team he did well against, not Barcelona. I think we need to see him do the same against a better range of opposition before deciding he's Luton's answer to Maldini! 

16 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I genuinely believe he did on the night. When has Chilwell produced that many forward passes and positive runs with an end product?

a sort of Mixed BAG on LFB position......

Justin,IMO deserves a run,because of the A.V performance,but he is just starting out, that only means 

'Fresh Meat' being prepared for the negative whining-minnie zombies on this forum......Taste buds a sliverering already..!!!

Next season,I want These Two TOP fbs, Justin & Chilwell still playing for US. Hoping they shut off the crap that is posted on this forum...

and before anybody starts...!!!   Its only my opinion !!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Scored a lot of goals with his left foot this season though....

Sure - I'm not saying his left foot isn't useful.

But he very clearly favours his right foot. If the OP is going to insist he can't really tell that's the case, he ought to curb his inclination to pontificate about what our backroom staff should be doing, because he hasn't got a fecking scooby.

Guest An Sionnach

I've never really understood a one footed pro, even I got pretty decent with my weaker foot , just took a few months of practise . Many years ago Bobby Charlton could make 30 yard passes with either foot, it didn't happen naturally , he worked hard at it.

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I've never really understood a one footed pro, even I got pretty decent with my weaker foot , just took a few months of practise . Many years ago Bobby Charlton could make 30 yard passes with either foot, it didn't happen naturally , he worked hard at it.

:appl:Fair play.
I must be a natural, as from day one to the end, my leg and right were pretty much the same.

Couldn’t hit a barn door with either.

• Haha 1

There are people that are wondering why I slate chilwell especially now

It is because for the for the first time during a match I wasn't terrified everytime a team got a ball down our left side

It is because I saw JJ send Barnes racing with a pass. Simple,effective, quick.

I do not want chilwell in this team as I think he's just terrible, one match against Southampton won't change my mind

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slab Edd said:

There are people that are wondering why I slate chilwell especially now

It is because for the for the first time during a match I wasn't terrified everytime a team got a ball down our left side

It is because I saw JJ send Barnes racing with a pass. Simple,effective, quick.

I do not want chilwell in this team as I think he's just terrible, one match against Southampton won't change my mind

He’s had some really poor performances this season, and I share the same terror as you when the ball goes down the left, but if you look to last season he was so good he became England’s number one. Whether he’ll get back to that form, and whether Justin performs as well against better opposition, are far from decided but at least we know Chilwell has played much, much better.

2 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

JJ played very well on Monday but Villa are by far the worse team in the Prem so lets not get too carried away

He has been impressive every time he has played; I particularly remember the last 10 minutes or so when he came on v Watford with his runs down the left. Considering he has had only League 1 experience before this season he seems to me an exceptional talent. And a reminder we don't have have to pay huge sums to get very talented players.