Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Felt for him. For the first goal, Wood handles with his arm and then blantly pushes Justin . For the second Dunne has his elbow buried in Justin's throat. Anywhere else on the pitch they are fouls, why aren't they in the box? Being out muscled is one thing, but JJ was fouled constantly and got some real rough treatment. Dirty tactics from disk beard, ably abetted by the useless ref. 

Yes ref was terrible, we won in spite of his poor decisions.

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Ref was terrible? Must’ve been watching a different game. 

Their first goal aside, which frankly we’d be absolutely fuming if we’d scored and been disallowed, what else was so terrible? VAR should’ve picked up on the handball also, and it was never a foul on Justin. Weak defending

What about the elbow in the throat against Justin, and poor decisions in play being duped by the Burnley players

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I absolutely love Justin, he's clearly loving playing for us and gives 110% every game there is absolutely no doubt about it. He may not have the quality of castagne or Ricardo but I'm so happy he's playing for us 

I am fast developing a motha Fcuking beastly man crush on this young lad. He could be superb if he is coached right. Like you say the energy and enthusiasm and he genuine passion is clear. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I think the guy's class.

He has a better football intelligence than Chilwell for me - he knows when to play the short ball, when to burst forward, when to cross. And he is clearly very able at playing either side quite well.

Chilwell was shit defensively when he first came on the scene and IMO in the end that became his best asset. When he has more time with Söyüncü, Barnes, plus Ndidi covering (no disrespect to Mendy) he will learn more about the right positioning and when to go forward/when to stay back.

This is a guy we plucked out of League 1, thrust into a CL battle after one of the world's best was injured AND after he lost his dad over lockdown, and performed admirably in multiple positions, and continues to do so. Massive fan and he'll get better.

‘Kin el. Didn’t know he’s lost his old man, fcuk me I fell apart when I last mine. Man crush upgraded !!!!

46 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

What about the elbow in the throat against Justin, and poor decisions in play being duped by the Burnley players

lol you’ve proper got your blue tinted specs on tonight mate.  

Justin was terrible defensively tonight, Burnley are a big horrible side and that’s part of football. Castagne dealt with their physical presence well, Justin didn’t. They’re tough to play against though, many prem defenders will be struggle against Wood and co this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's 22. He's raw.

He was playing Division 3 football a little over a year ago.

He was playing Division 4 football a little over two years ago.

He'll make mistakes - as we saw tonight - but he'll also provide good moments - as we saw tonight.

Vardy took a year to adapt from Div 5 to Championship and a year to adapt from Championship to PL.

Probably an unpopular opinion but let's take a measured view of the lad.

And in truth he wouldn't be a regular starter right now if Ricardo was fit and Castagne played LB.

He's doing alright.

9 years + and you still haven't learned a thing. Talking sense on this forum will get you nowhere.

But keep trying some of us appreciate it.:beer:

He’s been unlucky with both goals to be fair, he put very good pressure on both the players who’ve scored. The Wood goal he’s mistimed his jump or he couldn’t reach it and lost his balance when he landed, Wood has pushed him slightly but it looked to me he had lost his balance anyway. (How lucky was Wood there btw, ball clearly hits his arm after he moves to push Justin and it sets the ball in front of him perfectly so he can smash into the net, should have been disallowed for handball).

the second goal Justin has stuck with his man really well and put him under loads of pressure but the weirdo defender has somehow managed to peck his head like a chicken and make contact with the ball and score. I think it has to won in the air higher by another CB, we really could do with a commanding CB that wins those types of headers all day. Evans is our best guy for that but this Fofana guy would be immense if he can adapt to the prem.

I think he’s done a good job today against a very physical team.

7 hours ago, sm1 said:

Felt for him. For the first goal, Wood handles with his arm and then blantly pushes Justin . For the second Dunne has his elbow buried in Justin's throat. Anywhere else on the pitch they are fouls, why aren't they in the box? Being out muscled is one thing, but JJ was fouled constantly and got some real rough treatment. Dirty tactics from disk beard, ably abetted by the useless ref. 

Yet again points to inconsistent use of VAR

One game doesn't mean he has a problem, remember times last season where he defended the back post really well, admittedly that was on the right. Very few play like Burnley and Wood is different to most strikers in the league, with McNeil on the right they were always going to test Justin. Castagne was barely tested with crosses because Burnley had nothing on the right. 

The second goal, yes could have stopped the man getting to the ball but Soyuncu was in a weird position too. It happens, wasn't a free header.

He will mistakes, but you have to accept that with modern and young full backs. Pleasing thing is he looks better going forward from the left than he does on the right.

7 minutes ago, majaco said:

Justin symbolises that there is value  in finding players from lower divisions.  As does Vardy.  He had a mixed game but is developing quickly.  For Burnley, Jimmy Dunne was significant: a premier league debutant who has played in the lower divisions.

It's all about spending wisely on a good talent and giving them opportunities to develop. We spent £6mill and he's proving his worth so far. 

As Danny Simpson is currently training at the club. He could do worse than spend an hour each day after training with him and learning about covering round and defending the back post as that was one of Danny's strengths despite his size.

Other than that he's finding his way into the PL and looks like one for the future especially in the modern game.

I'd love to see the heat maps for both our fullbacks in the last 2 games. As they are playing like Liverpool, man city, barca, Madrid etc expect there fullbacks to play. 

Gonna be interesting to see if we attempt that next week v man city try to make, mahrez, sterling and torres defend instead of mahrez just having our pants down.

• Like 1

All things considered, he's doing an alright job in Pereira's absence. Yes, we all know that Ricardo will take that spot back when back to full fitness, but it's good knowing that JJ has stepped up and made that backup slot to right back his.

Whether he was fouled or not, he will need to toughen up a little bit against the teams that will try to bully us, like Burnley. But he has needed to learn fast since his transfer from LUTON TOWN, so I can't really complain with his overall contribution, considering he has had ridiculously big boots to fill. Keep going JJ, you're doing just fine. :appl:

• Like 1