Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

On 04/09/2020 at 08:44, jmono84 said:

He’s solid defensively and an excellent athlete, if he can work on his final ball/decisions then we’ll have some player on our hands.

I suspect he is just the sort of prospect that BR would enjoy working with- good athlete , background in lower league, humble and seems keen to learn and improve. I agree he could be a very good player and a valuable asset

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Getting slated in the Burnley matchday thread for the 2 goals, not many full backs in the premier league who would successfully challenge Wood and Dunne in the air though.

Agreed. So many brutes struggle and to be honest it's probably something Burnley have planned for. 

On a positive note, I love how he gets forward and adds another body in the box for opposition to think about. No one picks him up for his goal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bourbon Fox said:

He just seems to be caught a couple of yards off position, not sure if it's pace or reading of the play

He was significantly better in the first half, despite his goal IMO. Still, he has stepped up admirably given the level he was playing at before he joined us. Lots to come from him in a blue shirt. 

JJ is a work in progress, please remember that! Most likely when Ricardo is back, Castagne moves to left back and that's our first choice pairing.

For me, JJ is ahead of where Chilwell was if you compare them at the same amount of games played for the club. Of course Chilwell was a bit younger so perhaps that makes it even between them. Point is he's doing well and improving all the time.

The way Leicester City is run these days, it's about giving younger players a chance to play consistently and improve. Look how many players are turning into some of the league's best with consistent game time: Soyuncu, Ndidi, Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison. JJ needs patience, but for me there is more than enough potential there to be given a bit of slack.

41 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Getting slated in the Burnley matchday thread for the 2 goals, not many full backs in the premier league who would successfully challenge Wood and Dunne in the air though.

I get the disdain towards  fan criticism, but that’s incredibly kind.

Wood was able to bring the ball down and juggle it on his forearm and get a shot off, and he lost Dunne, both were poor. He’s always at a disadvantage physically but he’s not been very clever in the way he’s tried to deal with either situation and that’s what’s cost him more. Most full backs would struggle physically but would have the knowledge to get your body between ball and goal for  Woods and would read the run of Dunne far better.

He looks quite threatening going forward though, still very young and will learn, plus he is playing on his least natural side. Disappointing to see fans laying into him as we all know this and all know he’s probably not going to start when Ricardo is back. We won, he scored, no need to take lumps out of him.

• Like 4

He’s gonna be a very very good foot baller when he matures and grows into the premier league. He’s very impressive particularly when we consider he only made the step from league one very recently and he’s started a ya dull of games. He got battered by two very very physical players and chilwell would have been the same, just without the end up product going forward. 

• Like 1