Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

The thing that impressed me most with Justin was how regularly he made an angle to make himself available on the touchline. Not only that, once he got the ball he had his head up looking to link up with Barnes or drive beyond him towards the byline and make something happen. On another day that positive play would have seen Iheanacho getting on the end of one of those deliveries. It was really refreshing to see.

The frustrating thing from that is that Chilwell has more than enough ability to do that too. His game is about his power, athleticism and stamina getting up and down the wing, but too often he looks to come inside and slows things down. If he could find a balance in doing more of what Justin did last night, it would bring his all round game back up towards the levels we know he's capable of. 

• Like 1

Only one game but i've felt all season our left flank has been a big weakness and has been massively targeted which obviously wasn't the case yesterday will be disappointed if he doesn't get atleast one more game to prove it wasn't a fluke

As probably Chilwell's biggest fan on FT, I have to say that Justin really impressed me last night. I wouldn't mind him having a couple more games in the side for Chilwell to get a bit of a break and allow him to focus on the things he has been struggling with recently. It's almost a shame Ricardo is so good as it limits JJ's time, in games we are winning/really struggling in I think it would have been prudent to bring him on more frequently.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

I am a big fan of JJ and was saying only a few days back I really wanted to see him play in the league, but not sure why one good performance means we are saying goodbye to Ben Chilwell! Chilwell was one of our best players last season, and he hasn't just lost that ability overnight - he's just struggling with a bit of confidence and hasn't had the best run in terms of injuries. Bringing in players like JJ to compliment our existing squad is what we need to be able to move forward as a club and to manage the demands of domestic and European competitions - we are slowly building up a pool of players who could genuinely come of the bench and change matches.

👏👏👏

He was excellent last night and very much deserves a run in Chilwell’s place as it stands. However, to suggest his performance last night is better than anything Chilwell has ever done in a blue shirt is quite simply ludicrous. In recent weeks and months, quite possibly, but not in his entire career. He has been poor recently Chilwell, but people have short memories. Chilwell came on leaps and bounds last season, and admittedly has had a stuttering campaign this, but as I’m sure has been mentioned, the vitriol towards the guy is embarrassing. Hopefully JJ’s display last night gives Chilwell the competition he needs and a much needed kick up the backside to get back somewhere near the levels we know he can produce 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Not to get carried away by one great performance, but that was better than anything Chilwell has produced for us and that's before factoring in it being his first start and out of position.

Barnes benefited the most by his inclusion, but as a whole the team were so much more fluid and had purpose in their attacks down that side.

I have thought for a while now that Chillwell has had his head turned. 

as an aside, i think JJ actually played quite a few games at LB for Luton.

He hasn't had his head turned! You cant just surmise that! He talks openly about the coming years and the plans the team have and is playing with his best mates. I cant see him wanting to just up and leave! The guy needs to be given a break and some support not constant negativity. Lots of the players had a slump in form but none face the hate he does. Yes I'm on one tonight but I really think the hate he gets is disgusting. 

Edited by Hales
  • Like 3

yeah it's strange the way people are so abusive to their own players, just because they're out of form. measured criticism is fine, but the weird way some posters create a narrative in their head about "his head being turned" and then slating him is bizarre.

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach
2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Quite ironic given my biggest complaint with Chilwell since he broke through was his over reliance with his left foot. 

Justin comes in, uses both and even swings in a brilliant cross with his chocolate foot 

Left footed players are much more likely to be one footed than right footed players. That's why you get so many right footed left backs. Is Vardy right footed ? I wouldn't know he uses both feet with almost equal ability.

No wonder Luton were sad to see him go! An awesome talent full of potential who hasn't really put a foot wrong in every game he's played so far this season. Let's hope his potential is fully realised more than D.Gray's four year long await to date!