Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

On 08/07/2020 at 21:07, StriderHiryu said:

I've said it in multiple threads already, but for a guy who this time last year was playing in League One, he's done a very good job. He looks like a solid Premier League right back already with less than 20 games played, despite losing his dad recently during the pandemic. Obviously we miss Ricardo and JJ has a long way to get to that level because Ricardo is world-class. But he's been an excellent signing IMO and will probably end up getting to 100+ appearances for the club. Riccy P I think inevitably goes at some point for monster money because someone like Barcelona / Real Madrid / PSG will pay it and JJ will take over.

In every game he has both good and bad moments, but it's overall net positive and he's got great endeavour and attitude. There was a nice moment last night where he showed some really neat feet to control the ball and beat a few Arsenal players in tight spaces, which was pretty impressive. 

I'll be very interested to see how far he develops, his crossing against Arsenal was really nice at times. What really differentiates him from Ricardo so far has been his inability to run with the ball down the field like Ricardo often does. 

He's a back up and on an upward trajectory, he's probably seeing more football than he expected given Ricardo's injury, but he wasn't signed as a finished article. There's clearly bags of promise as well as bits he can improve on but he's clearly going to be half decent.

Some folk in the match thread were acting as if he's Alan Maybury incarnate.

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach

James is going to be the real deal and could eventually be one of our best buys. He can play left or right , has a good football brain , tallish and good in the air , quick on the recovery and very strong. He could do a good job in a back three for us I'm sure. For now he can be a great cover option but a couple of years on he will be a main man.

Edited by An Sionnach

19 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've said it in multiple threads already, but for a guy who this time last year was playing in League One, he's done a very good job. He looks like a solid Premier League right back already with less than 20 games played, despite losing his dad recently during the pandemic. Obviously we miss Ricardo and JJ has a long way to get to that level because Ricardo is world-class. But he's been an excellent signing IMO and will probably end up getting to 100+ appearances for the club. Riccy P I think inevitably goes at some point for monster money because someone like Barcelona / Real Madrid / PSG will pay it and JJ will take over.

In every game he has both good and bad moments, but it's overall net positive and he's got great endeavour and attitude. There was a nice moment last night where he showed some really neat feet to control the ball and beat a few Arsenal players in tight spaces, which was pretty impressive. 

I like him, I think he's got a good future, at his best at the moment he does look like he belongs at this level already. 

I think solid Premier League full back is a bit strong at the moment mind. He does look shaky at times, which is completely understandable. 

Just think it's important people keep some perspective and remember he's still learning because sooner or later one of his errors is going to cost a goal and if it ends up costing us top four or something equally drastic, people need to remember he's a kid that's been chucked in the deep end. 

• Like 3

Huge potential. Has flashes of brilliance and has played well for the majority of games he’s played. The odd time where it seems like he’s still in league one, but that’s expected. He will develop well here. 

• Like 2

Great performance again today, really composed in his passing and runs. Defensively did well too, he's not let us down in these games and really has slotted in well since his move. 

Lets not forget he was playing League 1 football last year. He's jumped 2 leagues and is competing in the reaches of the Premier league. 

• Like 2

Best performance since the Villa game that was tonight. I think having a winger in front of him helped him a lot, think he was abit unsure of his positioning in the last couple of games without anyone in front him.

Bright future for the lad, and learning from one of the best right backs in the league.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of Simpson always there to clear it or put in an interception at the last minute.

Has gained a lot of experience in the last few weeks which is a great thing.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be against him playing in a back three and pushing Ricardo further forward if required. Played very well today and generally hasn't let us down after being given an extremely difficult task in replacing a top class player.

• Like 1

Needs to shift his game from having to make last ditch tackles to reading the player and dealing with it first. It’s good to know you can outpace attackers and get yourself out of trouble, but it’s even better to deal with it first time.

Did well coming in for the last few games. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

I wouldn't be against him playing in a back three and pushing Ricardo further forward if required. Played very well today and generally hasn't let us down after being given an extremely difficult task in replacing a top class player.

I was thinking the same. Looked really good on the right side of a 3. It’s also comforting knowing he has pace to help the other 2 cb’s out. I would definitely look at training him

in this role pre season.