Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Big up to the lad, fully deserves this opportunity and training with the full squad can only help his development.  When we signed him i thought it was a bit of a punt, and he had a bit of a mixed start to be fair. A couple of decent cameos and a 'mare against Burton, but circumstances meant he had to be thrown in at the deep end in very difficult circumstances, middle of a restarted season, having recently lost his dad etc. Looked a little shakey at times, which is only to be expected from a young lad jumping two divisions, but he has shown that he is more than decent and right now is looking a bit of a bargain. We may well have come up trumps again with this lad.

Along with Castagne, we now have a full back pairing that can both play either side, are more than adequate back up and give us the option of mixing things up when needed. How many teams could swap their FB/WBs over mid game to confuse the opposition?  OK this probably wouldn't happen but it does give us all sorts of options.

Would be poetic if he got a cap, played a blinder and shut Chillers out of the England team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shane said:

If JJ plays LB i think we’ll see a lot of Ricardo esque runs cutting inside which really hurt the opposition. 

Having a full back cutting inside instead of overlapping will help Barnes I think. If you watch how Barnes positions himself, he likes to play wide near the touchline.

The attacking possibilities a JJ/Barnes partnership gives us is quite exciting

I agree. Same if Castagne plays LB, as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shane said:

If JJ plays LB i think we’ll see a lot of Ricardo esque runs cutting inside which really hurt the opposition. 

Having a full back cutting inside instead of overlapping will help Barnes I think. If you watch how Barnes positions himself, he likes to play wide near the touchline.

The attacking possibilities a JJ/Barnes partnership gives us is quite exciting

I'd argue it's defensively better as well. Especially when coming up against left footed wingers who cut in, it's easier to defend them your stronger side.

• Like 1

Not surprised because Southgate clearly loves a 3 man defence and I think JJ's position for next season could well be that 3rd centre back.

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo -----------Castagne/Thomas

Edited by AKCJ

59 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

This also shows there are still players available further down the Football League pyramid that are good value and can step up. It's not always necessary to look for players in sub standard Euro Leagues. 

We've generally always done well looking down the league (and even below). A policy definitely worth keeping.

I can’t work out Justin. He’s looked brilliant and he’s looked average. Circumstance could’ve affected his more average performances as stated by someone above, 

Seems to have a good attitude and at worst he’s steady (ignoring Burton which I know contradicts my point slightly). 

Hoping to see him improve again this season and cement his place with the u21s. 

At the very worst, he’ll be a good squad player or return his initial outlay, at best he could be a starter for us in years to come. 

38 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

He's 22. He jumped up 2 leagues. Injuries prematurely promoted him into starting line ups. He has been steady, looked tidy but made some mistakes. And his Dad died during all this. 

Seems pretty easy to work out. 

I did say circumstances were the likely reason he might’ve looked average at times. 

I think he’s good but he’s got a fair way to go until he’s proven that he can be the player we need to get and keep us where we want to be. I hope he does well and I think he will do, but for me personally it’s not a given just yet. 

My previous post didn’t put a slight on him, just my observations so far which I thought were fairly balanced and fair. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I did say circumstances were the likely reason he might’ve looked average at times. 

I think he’s good but he’s got a fair way to go until he’s proven that he can be the player we need to get and keep us where we want to be. I hope he does well and I think he will do, but for me personally it’s not a given just yet. 

My previous post didn’t put a slight on him, just my observations so far which I thought were fairly balanced and fair. 

Yeah no worries - maybe we’ve misunderstood each other. 

I read your post as ‘Justin has been mixed. I can’t figure him out’ 

I was saying, ‘he’s been mixed, because he’s young and been thrown in at the deep end’ 

• Like 1

Like this lad. He doesn't hoof the ball up when running up the touchlines and is good on the ball, makes more runs up the flanks and then cutting inside at centre mid rather than up the line which gives us the advantage in playing triangles. I've noticed he takes a lot of throwings with decent accuracy too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Like this lad. He doesn't hoof the ball up when running up the touchlines and is good on the ball, makes more runs up the flanks and then cutting inside at centre mid rather than up the line which gives us the advantage in playing triangles. I've noticed he takes a lot of throwings with decent accuracy too.

He’s solid defensively and an excellent athlete, if he can work on his final ball/decisions then we’ll have some player on our hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/09/2020 at 08:44, jmono84 said:

He’s solid defensively and an excellent athlete, if he can work on his final ball/decisions then we’ll have some player on our hands.

and appears to have an excellent attitude, he's got a lot of credit / goodwill from me for these reasons

• Like 1