Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post Match Thread - first defeat in 12

That Man City team can be the best in the world when they are on it and today we probably faced exactly that and lost deservedly. Masterclass from them. Respect.

We need to show more steel in games like this and get into them, instead of just backing off. Was hoping we were better than this, but maybe we have also hit poor form finally.

Oh well, can't win them all. Heads up everyone! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

In other news, Vardy is still good and just a step above.

Still cant believe there were people voting Soyunchu or Ndidi as our player of the season so far.

If Vardy doesn't win it this season it will be daylight robbery.

All 3 players have been SUPERB this season (which is not even halfway over). Let’s not overact on account of one game.

A massive reality check for some of our fans. Truth is Liverpool and Man City are streets ahead of every other team in the league. We need some investment in January or even staying in the top 4 will be very difficult,

We have some very good players but the bench isn't good enough at the very top. Too many players are having to play and perform at 8 out of 10 levels each and every game. This isn't sustainable.

They were very very good and utterly outclassed us to be fair. De Bruyne probably the best player in the league at the moment.

• Like 3

Just now, An Sionnach said:

We are second in the premiership, wide players who can really make a difference would cost us far too much. We paid 30 million for Perez!

If we really want to be a top 4 side then the money will at some point probably have to be spent. It's ok shopping in Lidl but sometimes you can only find what you want in Waitrose.

• Like 1

Vardy - brilliant in a game where he is so isolated and should be left disappointed by his teammates. Worldclass player.

Kasper and Evans - solid and if not for them two the scoreline could be worst.

Maddison - a shout out for him. I think he did alright in the circumstances and he had the right ideas in terms of dropping back to help out.

Tielemans - disappointing yet again. Poor passing, loose in possession and did not work half as hard as his midfield partner.

Chilly - oh dear. He has been truly found out by Man City today. His defensive fragilities were exposed badly and he was probably specifically targeted by Man City following what was also a poor showing at Norwich.

Albrighton - did well in the limited time he was on and he should now definitively start ahead of ineffective constantly falling over Perez.

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

When they press we have to by pass it by going long - we then have Vardy up against their suspect defence 

Baffled why we didn’t do this more 

It took us 85 mins to start playing ,we gave them way too much space especially Mahrez.

Sadly it does seem Brendan doesnt know how to setup against the best teams, I was shouting at the screen for them to press.

Right now we on track for 72 points.  We can get top 4 without beating the top 6 but it means winning 26-27 out of 28 games against the bottom 14, depending how many draws we get on the top 6.  The draw against norwich probably means we need to get a win against one top 6 side, or at least a couple more draws against them.

Edited by Chrysalis

Just now, NaijaFox said:

All 3 players have been SUPERB this season (which is not even halfway over). Let’s not overact on account of one game.

Vardy is producing a once-in-a-lifetime season we will likely never see from Leicester again.

Nothing to do with today. Of course Soyunchu and Ndidi have been superb, but Vardy is producing probably the greatest ever season of any Leicester player. The hipster vote saying anyone but Vardy has been POTY is just being edgy for the sake of being edgy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think criticising the tactical setup today is valid as it didn't do us any favours.

But at the same time, individual player performances also let us down. When Norwich beat Man City (and to a lesser extent got a point against us), they did so by playing out of and around the Man City Press. They had confidence to knock the ball around in midfield and tried to play football. We just didn't get that side of our game going very well at all. I think it wasn't until the second half where we had any decent passage of play to shout about.

So whilst I think we can be critical of Rodgers for not starting the right way or changing things up, I don't think it would have changed the result. They were simply better than us all over the park tonight.

I think that's spot on. Start of the season BR guilty of showing too much respect to teams, today I thought he didn't show them enough respect. We were better off playing 4-4-2 and playing aggresive long ball kick and rush tactics. Passing it back all the time, standing off them just didn't work. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I think that's spot on. Start of the season BR guilty of showing too much respect to teams, today I thought he didn't show them enough respect. We were better off playing 4-4-2 and playing aggresive long ball kick and rush tactics. Passing it back all the time, standing off them just didn't work. 

Today needed a press and counter.

When we started passing it around to do a build up just seemed bizarre.

• Like 1

Their quality at that level of intensity was a class above, their best performance of the season, and we couldn't cope. At best you hope we learn from that and can find an extra gear to match the best when they're at their best. Vardy and Schmeichel can do it, Evans and Soyuncu weren't far off, the rest struggled. 

Move on. 

They were up for it, we weren’t really there. 

Surprised we started Perez and Barnes. Defensively they don’t offer much and we never really got control of the game to put Man City on the back foot.

Couple of soft goals in the deflection and penalty but they were good value for the win.