Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post Match Thread - first defeat in 12

2 minutes ago, shade said:

perez was very, very poor. again.

Absolutely a waste of a shirt again. I did for the first half hour at least think he was working incredibly hard but ... if we wanted someone decent at the job he was trying to do then Choudhury would be your man hands down. Perez offers nothing.

Need to keep it real. In my opinion Chilwell was left exposed....he had to tuck in but Mahrez stayed wide, and then had a run at him and space in behind him....the two who were out of the game were Maddison and Tielemans, who got no space, weren’t on the ball enough, personally at half time Hamza on with Wilf, push Maddison on in an attempt to press their back four.....get ready next two games not easy....top four place will be threatened.....but. FANTASTIC season so far.....not so long ago Crewe away......

Tough today and we were truly second best. Next game against the world champions now :( will not be a easy but, think about it, a few years ago we were struggling in the championship and even below that level so let's be thankful of where we are. Merry Christmas to all - have a good one and let's look forward to the game with spirit on Boxing Day.

• Like 2

Bit of a reality check. It’s easy to forget how far we’ve come when we’ve been on the run we have. Man City are obviously a quality side who took us very seriously and went up a few gears.

It would have to be a monumental bottle job for Liverpool to lose it from here now.

3 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Low team bullies. Lost to Liverpool, lost to Man u, lost to Man C, drew with Chelsea, fluked it against spuds. We'll be lucky to finish top 4 on that showing. Reality check. No shame in us finishing 5th or 6th with cup runs.

Past seasons have been the opposite though, struggling in the games we should be looking to win, beating the 'top' teams or certainly giving them a game.

I do think we've looked scared against Man Utd and Man City though, A combination of Liverpool, the ref/VAR (And I don't usually blame officials) however just shithoused us.

We seemed afraid from the off, intimidated by them. Then it's a new experience for the majority of our squad. It was only the senior players who contributed something.

It just shows the task ahead for BR. To improve the mentality of the players. But we definitely need additions to the squad.

5 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Low team bullies. Lost to Liverpool, lost to Man u, lost to Man C, drew with Chelsea, fluked it against spuds. We'll be lucky to finish top 4 on that showing. Reality check. No shame in us finishing 5th or 6th with cup runs.

Man City similarly lost to Liverpool and United, and drew with Spuds. 

• Like 1

sometimes it’s ok to have other teams stamp their authority on the game. even more so when it’s the defending champions and they are at home. 

What can we learn from this game? that’s how we should look at it.

We just don’t need overreactions and suggestions that we make wholesale changes. 

We lost away to the defending champions.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm still fumimg at that penalty decision. They've given an incredibly soft penalty and then not given or even looked at Ederson absolutely clearing out Barnes.

All 3 have basically said it should've been a penalty 

I think it might have been. 

According to the match commentators, the explanation was that the chance was first missed and the resulting collision was “unavoidable”. Head-scratcher that! 

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I think it might have been. 

According to the match commentators, the explanation was that the chance was first missed and the resulting collision was “unavoidable”. Head-scratcher that

Is it though?

Barnes completely fluffed it and he was always going to collide with Ederson. Not sure why I'm seeing so many people think it was a penalty.

Edited by Adster
  • Like 1

Just now, Adster said:

Is it though?

Barnes completely fluffed it and he was always going to collide with Ederson. Not sure why I'm seeing so many people think it was a penalty.

As a goalkeeper ederson has done his job by spreading himself but he does have forward movement ......... not sure he needed that much forward movement although you are supposed to get to the ball to block it ...... Barnes also has forward movement ...... Barnes should be making better contact by looking at the bloody ball rather then ederson ...... then we probably score and everything else becomes irrelevant .....if Barnes stops the ball he also probably gets the pen .......I just think that if the player makes proper contact with the cross then the keeper has to spread to try and save it .....  if the player decides to control the ball then he likely gets the pen by being cleaned out 

Out passed

Out run

Out fought

Out thought

Outplayed 

No shame in losing to them, De Bruyne is in ridiculous form, we were naive, cannot play In your own area at city and cannot leave their wingers and De Bruyne 1 on 1 all the time, but hey ho, only losses away to city United Liverpool in half a season not bad. 

41 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely a waste of a shirt again. I did for the first half hour at least think he was working incredibly hard but ... if we wanted someone decent at the job he was trying to do then Choudhury would be your man hands down. Perez offers nothing.

He's an enigma. He's not quick, not a crosser, doesn't seem a good finisher, had a good season last year in a poor toon team but have not been impressed with him at all.