Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post Match Thread - first defeat in 12

3 minutes ago, Guesty said:

The bit regarding Chilwell. I can, it's good man-managment. Rodgers knows he was sh*t, Chilwell knows he was sh*t, everyone knows he was sh*t - and he will probably be singled out in match reports.

It's what Chilwell needs - he's only young - and himself knows it's a lie. All the squad will also appreciate it as they know they could be in Chilwell's position one day.

Rodgers is trying to maintain his hype and sale value ... so he can be sold for more money

Just a cynical view ...

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Men against boys, could see it in the press they made it seem like we didnt have any outlet besides a panicked long ball and when we pressed them it seemed easy to spin us around and hit us repeatedly. That said it was a good performance from Man City, Riyad certainly well up for it, de Bruyne conducting the show, wingbacks both solid.

Didnt think Youri or Perez had much of an effect on the game, Ricky with another off day. We're still screaming out for a top quality winger. Best team won.

I'm a huge Pereira fan - he's one of the top RBs in the world - but like anyone he has stuff he needs to work on. I was slated a few weeks back - on a day where, in fairness, he made some outstanding contributions - for mentioning that his discipline in the challenge and defensive positioning would have cost us against a better team. Today we saw those flaws again, and as someone who comes across as a bright guy, I hope he'll learn from some of his less dazzling moments.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

The three matches we have lost have been agains Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool - away. In all of these matches we have actually offered very little and I can only see 2 reasons:

Either the players (apart from a few) have too much respect and are "scared"?

Or our set-up and maybe mental preparation is not right?

If we want to be at the top this has to be sorted out. To me it seems that the same players "disappear" in these matches and this falls back on BR.

I would have thought that a professional footballer would thrive in these "top matches" but somehow we disappear and seem afraid. Am I wrong?

Ironically we used to be the other way round.

Would be bang average against burnley one week and then beat Man City the next.  Of course this way round is better as there is more points to be won against the weaker, teams, but I agree its frustrating, our midfield all went missing.

For me, Kasper, Vardy. Evans all stood out as not been nervous and on their game.  The rest of the team were bad as a unit.  Note the age of those three players.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Guesty said:

The bit regarding Chilwell. I can, it's good man-managment. Rodgers knows he was poor, Chilwell knows he was poor, everyone knows he was poor - and he will probably be singled out in match reports.

It's what Chilwell needs - he's only young - and himself knows it's a lie. All the squad will also appreciate it as they know they could be in Chilwell's position one day.

Yep, I see what you're saying. Quite right.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

2nd best to arguably the 2nd best side in Europe.

Another embarrassing match day thread.

Only our third defeat of the season, all in the North West.

We go to Christmas second. 

Not our day, but how can you not be happy as a Leicester fan right now.

To be honest, Man City at their best are better than Liverpool at their best in my view. They were simply brilliant tonight. Still think the pen was ludicrous and VAR should have overruled it but they would have won anyway. We just couldn't play through their press and our lack of quality on the wings meant that we had no out ball except for the odd time that Vardy got free. Very chastening experience all round. Let's hope that we can do better v Liverpool at home.

• Like 1

I won't say too much in fear of upsetting some people or being misunderstood but we weren't good enough.

Poor, very poor today and 3-1 flattered us.

Gotta start stepping up because we havn't been good for a games now (Take Villa out of the equation - but does that say more about them?).

On to the next one, Liverpool, grudges, siege mentality, proving ourselves again, letting frustration out - Let's give it a good fight!

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

He wasn't shite at all. He was hung out to dry by our formation.

I can't imagine there's any full back in the world that can cope with KDB and Mahrez in each shoulder.

Today's blame.lies with the manager not paying man city enough respect. We needed workaholics Albrighton and Choudhury around the he team today

Yeah I edited it and changed it to poor before this - I thought sh*t was unfair too.

I agree he was hung out to dry, but he was also poor. He shouldn't be allowing Mahrez to come inside as often as he did. Other left backs cope a lot better even if they're isolated.

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Anyone criticism of Chilwell is ridiculous. The guy had the toughest assignment he'll ever have, Mahrez and De Bruyne made positioning so hard of him. He struggled but I don't blame him..

He had a nightmare, but I am not blaming him, he needed help and was isolated.  Whoever was on the left wing wasnt tracking back to help or doing any pressing at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Anyone criticism of Chilwell is ridiculous. The guy had the toughest assignment he'll ever have, Mahrez and De Bruyne made positioning so hard of him. He struggled but I don't blame him..

Neither do I as he got little in the way of cover from Barnes and that's not a criticism of him either. It was experienced international men against boys. Perhaps a more experienced Albrighton in front of him for the first half may have helped. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Chilwell is 23 in football terms that is not young.

23 is young in any Capacity..... We better than anyone should know how good Mahrez is when he wants to be, he’s turned better full backs inside out before, there’s a reason we sold him for the price we did.

• Like 1

Well I'm as disappointed as anyone but as we start having a go at certain players and the manager (and I understand why) take a step back for a moment and think, is there a single person on here who would have turned down being second in the league and in the semi-final of the League Cup at Christmas?

No didn't think so.

They were just a lot better than us. Not a surprise really. Sometimes you just have to be honest and say the best team won. Sometimes how your opponents perfom dictates how you perform.

• Like 1