Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool H Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

We've got to be really careful this doesn't de-rail our season completely.

Hopefully Brendan has the good sense to not play Maddison wide left ever again. Time to reinvent as we've been completely found out.

Doesn't seem able to see the obvious. Very worrying.

1 minute ago, lcfcell said:

this is embarrassing and I don’t wanna see anyone giving it the oh they’re incredible etc the last two performances have been simply pathetic. We’re going to absolutely collapse after this 

Agree.

Look how other teams have played against Manchester City and Liverpool. Some of them have performed a lot better than we have. 

The frustrating thing in this game, is that everything has come via Trent. Chillwell has been largely absent. He’s not pushed him back.

We need better quality on both flanks. 

Brendan is a tactical genius, generally. But the last two games he has got it so wrong. Maddison isn’t a winger. Praet isn’t a holding midfielder. To be honest, I don’t know what he is, but he isn’t great. Barnes is so devoid of confidence yet he’s so heavily relied upon. I won’t say I have all the answers but I do know what we’re getting it wrong a lot lately. 

We need a big win at westham to repair this. Not a 0-1 away day stubborn win, but a huge win. 

This is surprising. After the run we've had, I expected us to give Man City and Liverpool a goodrun for their money, but we haven't laid a glove on them. I'm a bit disappointed, which I feel is unfair after the great first half of the season we've had. 

Worried the wheels are coming off a bit with four games and no wins.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

it looked obvious to me that some needed resting. that’s what he could have done.

Well yeah.

Drop Tielemans. Don't put Maddison out wide.

But still, doing so means you probably have to play Barnes and Perez who are also out of form. Albrighton? Maybe, but I don't think it changes the outcome of this game does it.

Just now, Nuge said:

That’s last season... be sensible 

exactly but it isn’t going to change much... do you seriously think it is going to be unachievable to add another 20 odd points from 19 games? are we that bad because we got outplayed by the two best teams in the league... 

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Brendan is a tactical genius, generally. But the last two games he has got it so wrong. Maddison isn’t a winger. Praet isn’t a holding midfielder. To be honest, I don’t know what he is, but he isn’t great. Barnes is so devoid of confidence yet he’s so heavily relied upon. I won’t say I have all the answers but I do know what we’re getting it wrong a lot lately. 

We need a big win at westham to repair this. Not a 0-1 away day stubborn win, but a huge win. 

Is he? I’m not so sure. Good at breaking down shite teams but always been poor against the top clubs. Look at Celtic... always terrible in europe. In some ways I’ll dread it if we qualify for next seasons CL cos on today’s performance we’ll no way make QF again 

• Like 2