Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool H Match Thread

Just now, Nod.E said:

You can point at tactics, and I myself wasn't happy with how we lined up.

But we have so many players out of form. There's only so much Rodgers can do.

Chilwell, Barnes, Tielemans, Perez. I could go on.

People will point to our league position but Jesus are we struggling at the moment. Not just the results against the best two teams in the league, but games before that and the manner in which we've lost as well.

it looked obvious to me that some needed resting. that’s what he could have done.

Just now, Sly said:

Blue tinted specs I’m afraid, 

We’ve been shocking. 4-0 does Liverpool a disservice.

I'm not saying Liverpool have not been the better team they have.

But the players gave up after the Ref instantly gave that penalty we was starting to come back in the game

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

You can point at tactics, and I myself wasn't happy with how we lined up.

But we have so many players out of form. There's only so much Rodgers can do.

Chilwell, Barnes, Tielemans, Perez. I could go on.

People will point to our league position but Jesus are we struggling at the moment. Not just the results against the best two teams in the league, but games before that and the manner in which we've lost as well.

He could send them out with a bit of fire in their belly. Do you thin O Neill or even Puel would have accepted that performance.

So poor. 

Set up wrong from the start. Let them control the game, played ourselves into trouble too often and never got out of that rhythm. Once they went 1 up we're chasing, and they love that.

Don't get me wrong, they're good, but we've allowed them to be good. They battled harder, passed better, ran faster.

I don't want to say not good enough, because we've had an excellent season, but we've barely laid a glove on the opposition in the last two games (even 3 if you count Norwich) and we don't seem to be learning from the errors. Getting caught playing out from the back, so stop doing it. The short pass lofted from Kasper to the full backs keeps going out of play or putting them under pressure, so stop doing it. Maddison from the left doesn't work, so stop doing it!

• Like 4

Just now, Fox85 said:

I'm not saying Liverpool have not been the better team they have.

But the players gave up after the Ref instantly gave that penalty we was starting to come back in the game

By starting to get back into the game, do you mean Vardy touched the ball?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LiberalFox said:

We've been lucky to play Man City and Liverpool back to back as we'd have lost to most of the league with how shit we've played.

Well we drew with Everton and with Norwich, the bottom club playing nearly as shit as the last two games. I was stupid enough after 8 wins in a row to say this team is better than the title winning season, but the title winners would not have lost like the last 2 games totally outplayed. City could have had 6 or 7 Liverpool could have had 8 or 9, it was a no contest, not like a game between two teams at the top. 

Just now, Facecloth said:

So poor. 

Set up wrong from the start. Let them control the game, played ourselves into trouble too often and never got out of that rhythm. Once they went 1 up we're chasing, and they love that.

Don't get me wrong, they're good, but we've allowed them to be good. They battled harder, passed better, ran faster.

I don't want to say not good enough, because we've had an excellent season, but we've barely laid a glove on the opposition in the last two games (even 3 if you count Norwich) and we don't seem to be learning from the errors. Getting caught playing out from the back, so stop doing it. The short pass lofted from Kasper to the full backs keeps going out of play or putting them under pressure, so stop doing it. Maddison from the left doesn't work, so stop doing it!

Spot on. 

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

He could send them out with a bit of fire in their belly. Do you thin O Neill or even Puel would have accepted that performance.

lol Puel. Let's not get silly.

Edited by Nod.E