Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup)

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Prophet Sean is back:

He's normally on the money with team line-ups, despite the spelling skills of a 5 year old!

We looked really good with the 352 at Newcastle, Perez especially was super effective in his support striker role I thought. I think that system could also neutralise Grealish somewhat by giving us more protection when defending, as though we beat Villa 4-1, the game was very chaotic and felt a bit like a basketball game at times. 

Let's see what he goes with, but I'd be happy to see this lineup and system used.

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Prophet Sean is back:

If he is itk ... and he is a City fan then why the fvck is he publicising our line-up to give Villa an extra couple of hours to prepare?

Personally I think it unlikely because it would be easy for BR to track down the leak and anyway I would be amazed if Wilf is not starting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

If he is itk ... and he is a City fan then why the fvck is he publicising our line-up to give Villa an extra couple of hours to prepare?

Personally I think it unlikely because it would be easy for BR to track down the leak and anyway I would be amazed if Wilf is not starting.

The one area where he HAS been reliable in the past is in leaked team selections...

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The one area where he HAS been reliable in the past is in leaked team selections...

He was for a couple, and then was completely wrong about one (usually, that means the club was trying to flush out a leaker; someone had a theory about who it might be, but I forget). Then he suddenly stopped having them. That was, and I am guessing here, beginning of last season? But don't worry, if he's wrong, it'll be that tweet that gets flushed! #NeverWrong means a lot of deleting...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Agreed, we always play with a defensive midfielder and I’d be amazed if we didn’t for this.

• Like 1

Biggest game of the season to date and for some the biggest game of their careers.

So far some of our players have not stood up to the pressure of big games, Liverpool at Home Man City and Man Utd away.

This is the night for them to show us they can really perfom in the biggest of games and for the fans to show they can lift the atmosphere back to the height of the Seville match.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Agreed, we always play with a defensive midfielder and I’d be amazed if we didn’t for this.

Perhaps we are expecting Villa to park the bus in anticipation of the return leg and we can risk a more attacking line up with three CBs covering.

58 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's normally on the money with team line-ups, despite the spelling skills of a 5 year old!

We looked really good with the 352 at Newcastle, Perez especially was super effective in his support striker role I thought. I think that system could also neutralise Grealish somewhat by giving us more protection when defending, as though we beat Villa 4-1, the game was very chaotic and felt a bit like a basketball game at times. 

Let's see what he goes with, but I'd be happy to see this lineup and system used.

But but no Ndidi... He has to play tonight for me. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

That lineup raises Q's:

No Ndidi? Midfield is a bit lightweight without a DM 

If we are going 2 forwards then why not Nacho, Vardy - as has worked before 

3 at the back with no back ups on the bench (Morgan, Benkovic inj) is risky 

I agree with you although IF that is the lineup we go with, Fuchs will i imagine be on the bench and able to step in should something eeew happen.