Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup)

Got a feeling tonight won't be the cakewalk many on here seem to think. And though they're now daft odds to make it, Man Utd aren't dead yet.

But if it IS us and Manchester City, what a chance to lay the ghost of 69! For old fluppers like me, that's still our most painful football memory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

😂

Anyone who feels threatened by his own teams reference to City via another should be banned from his Clapper and free water next home game...

Is this some use of the word threatened that I am as yet unfamiliar with?

inigo_montoya.gif

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Got a feeling tonight won't be the cakewalk many on here seem to think. And though they're now daft odds to make it, Man Utd aren't dead yet.

But if it IS us and Manchester City, what a chance to lay the ghost of 69! For old fluppers like me, that's still our most painful football memory.

I was there in 69 and although hope City can get to the final would anticipate a rematch with more than a little trepidation having watched Man City in the first half last night ! I'm sure Watford were looking forward to last year's cup final and we all know how that one ended !

Just signed up for free three month service with Kayo sport (Australia).... so looks like im up at 3.30am for this one :)

Any aussies interested in the freebie... give me a shout ill send a link :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Shall we even bother trying to win this semi final? Doesn't sound like many of our fans are that excited at the prospect of a wembley final day against Man city

Crazy that even in this modern era, some fans would not be that excited about a trip to Wembley.

We have to get through this tie first obviously which won't be as easy as some think, but a cup final is still a cup final. And in a one off game anything can happen, especially considering a couple of our recent result against Man City.

Anyway, back to tonight. It's going to be tough I reckon. I'm starting to get the big game nerves now. The fact that some of our fans are predicting an easy ish game tonight worries me. The more that think it, the more that transfers to the stands. Which could create a horrible atmosphere. I'll take any form of win of win to take with us to villa park, but I won't be comfortable. A 1-0, 2-1, or 2-0 win will make for a very nervy 2nd leg. I'm hoping I can get a ticket for the 2nd leg as I think we'll need to go there and get a win and it should be a decent game, providing we get the right result 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Crazy that even in this modern era, some fans would not be that excited about a trip to Wembley.

We have to get through this tie first obviously which won't be as easy as some think, but a cup final is still a cup final. And in a one off game anything can happen, especially considering a couple of our recent result against Man City.

Anyway, back to tonight. It's going to be tough I reckon. I'm starting to get the big game nerves now. The fact that some of our fans are predicting an easy ish game tonight worries me. The more that think it, the more that transfers to the stands. Which could create a horrible atmosphere. I'll take any form of win of win to take with us to villa park, but I won't be comfortable. A 1-0, 2-1, or 2-0 win will make for a very nervy 2nd leg. I'm hoping I can get a ticket for the 2nd leg as I think we'll need to go there and get a win and it should be a decent game, providing we get the right result 

Yeah exactly. We moan about pundits and other teams fans treating us like a small club but I think some of our own fans are just as guilty of it sometimes. 

As for tonight I really feel its a great opportunity to take a 3-0 lead to Villa Park. Their squad is ravaged with injuries and their focus may be more on survival. We did well against a stronger villa not too long ago so no excuses

11 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Isn’t the light show done when the players come out though? Cause that’s when the balloons and confetti was thrown at Filbert Street. 

"The pre-match entertainment will contain flashing lights and will last until the players line up for kick-off." 

So it will still be dark in the stands when the players come out. Shame as quite a lot of effort went into this. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"The pre-match entertainment will contain flashing lights and will last until the players line up for kick-off." 

So it will still be dark in the stands when the players come out. Shame as quite a lot of effort went into this. 

use them at the away leg? 

• Like 1