Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup)

3 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

We will get spanked in the final if Man City play anywhere near their best.

If we get there I hope that’s not the case. They battered us at their place but the one saving grace was that bar Vardy we didn’t turn up at all. 

Their record in domestic cup finals is outstanding and you’d really not want a repeat of Watford in last season’s FA Cup final! But whilst I think winning would be very tough, I’d like to think we could at least give them a game. 

But let’s worry about Villa first as they will want to get to a Wembley final too!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

11-0-0 is our only hope.

Obviously this is in jest, but genuinely I think they are too good to just try and defend against. I think you have to take the Wolves approach... or even the Norwich approach and take the game to them (Not that this would work in most cases, but it would be our best hope) .  As soon as you try to park the bus they will just slowly pick you apart.  

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Obviously this is in jest, but genuinely I think they are too good to just try and defend against. I think you have to take the Wolves approach... or even the Norwich approach and take the game to them (Not that this would work in most cases, but it would be our best hope) .  As soon as you try to park the bus they will just slowly pick you apart.  

Not if you have 12 players as suggested

29 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

If you worry too much about the opposition, then there's no point in playing in top leagues and prestigious Cup competitions. 

Get Villa out the way and we can beat anyone on our day. 

Man City are a brilliant side on their day but, as they've proved this season, they can be beaten and have been beaten by sides that haven't got the quality that Leicester have got. 

Singh loud and proud tomorrow 

COYF🦊

Always

• Haha 2

I hope Rodgers mentions citys tatical fouls if they play them again

its ridiculous how they keep getting away with  all these blatent fouls without a booking

its because they can't tackle as their playmakers so they just kick the opposition.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Anyone purporting to be a Leicester fan referring to Manchester City as City on this forum should get an automatic 6 month ban. :angry:

I agree

Just plain embarrassing !!!

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

No chance we'd play a B team in the second leg. Zero. Even with a 5 goal cushion..

Personally, I'd take a draw tomorrow and back us to win at their gaff. Any team can get lucky once. I'd rather they got lucky in the first leg, not second.

We played essentially our "B" team against West Ham (and Wigan), which means still retaining a handful of regular first-teamers (preferably Schmeichel and either Evans, as with West Ham, or Soyuncu at CB).

We have the Brentford game 3 days prior to the Villa Park second-leg, which hopefully we should be looking to win that and make a respectable FA Cup run, and 3 days thereafter return to EPL action against Chelsea at home, another game that we should be looking to win (as it's a substantive 6-pointer in the Top 4 stakes).

Accordingly, IMHO the worse of all possible scenarios would be to go to Villa Park needing a win, which would likely compel us to field our strongest XI (or a semblance thereof) for 3 consecutive games over 7 days (Wednesday-Saturday-Tuesday), if we seek to maintain serious interest in the cup competitions.

Conversely, the most ideal scenario would be to "end" this tie at home (with a reasonably large margin of victory), but of course that's merely an aspiration and anything could happen in a one-off on any given day in football. If we manage to grab a good win though, the "B" team that we fielded against West Ham (or Wigan) could comfortably push us over the line.  

Edited by NaijaFox

7 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Anyone purporting to be a Leicester fan referring to Manchester City as City on this forum should get an automatic 6 month ban. :angry:

😂

Anyone who feels threatened by his own teams reference to City via another should be banned from his Clapper and free water next home game...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1