Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup)

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Play our standard 4-1-4-1, they will be better prepare for the diamond this time around. 

Play it just like normal game, if we think we have to win it in 90 mins we will come unstuck.

Trust in BR.

That's what I would like to see as well.

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyunchu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez - Tielemans - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

If we can win by 2 goal margin, it will make it very difficult for Villa in the 2nd leg. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

So assuming Man City get to the final and also will qualify for the champions league will either us or Villa get a European spot from the cup even if we lost in the final?

No, it goes to the next team in the EPL.  The same applies to the FA Cup now.

I know the beaten finalists in the FA Cup used to qualify but I am not sure that was ever the case for the League Cup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

No, it goes to the next team in the EPL.  The same applies to the FA Cup now.

I know the beaten finalists in the FA Cup used to qualify but I am not sure that was ever the case for the League Cup.

Same with the FA Cup now as well. 

18 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

So assuming Man City get to the final and also will qualify for the champions league will either us or Villa get a European spot from the cup even if we lost in the final?

Nope, the spot goes back to the league.

Same with the FA Cup, hence the reason why on the league table only the top 5 look like they get in to Europe, but if teams win both cups who then go on to get a Champions League spot in the league then 6th & 7th places will get the cups Europa League places.

Edited by stu
What they said above! 😀
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stu said:

Nope, the spot goes back to the league.

Same with the FA Cup, hence the reason why on the league table only the top 5 look like they get in to Europe, but if teams win both cups who then go on to get a Champions League spot in the league then 6th & 7th places will get the cups Europa League places.

League Cup winner/7th place joins at second qualifying round but all the rest go into group stages if I have understood it correctly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

League Cup winner/7th place joins at second qualifying round but all the rest go into group stages if I have understood it correctly.

That must have changed since we were in it then, although obviously the name and format has completely staged too as it was a straight knockout competition if I remember right?

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Cheers all. I won't have an U18 with me and would need to buy on gate since not sure I can make it; but thanks for the responses. I do appreciate it.

If there’s any left, Buy online or call the club and you can collect the ticket on the night from the collection point outside the stadium 👍

52 minutes ago, stu said:

That must have changed since we were in it then, although obviously the name and format has completely staged too as it was a straight knockout competition if I remember right?

Yes, it was straight knockout last time we were in it.

28 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Can I make it from Northampton to the stadium in an hour and a half?!

I'm really tempted but I think traffic in Leicester will be a nightmare! 

Coming in the welford way might less traffic then the m1, what the hell, go for it, you should be okay, doesn’t matter if you 10 late

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Play our standard 4-1-4-1, they will be better prepare for the diamond this time around. 

Play it just like normal game, if we think we have to win it in 90 mins we will come unstuck.

Trust in BR.

Perhaps, but I would like to see us try.

Would prefer that we effectively “end” this tie at the KP on Wednesday, because in the 2 weeks between January 19 and February 1 we will be playing 5 games at a clip of a game every 3 days. The second leg of this tie away at Villa Park will be the 4th of those 5 fixtures, and it would great if we could put out a weaker team for that game.

46 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Can I make it from Northampton to the stadium in an hour and a half?!

I'm really tempted but I think traffic in Leicester will be a nightmare! 

You'll be alright provided you park in the area to the right off Narborough Road and walk the last 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TK95 said:

Gotta look to finish the game here. Even though we beat them in the league, going to Villa Park with 1 goal in it is a precarious scoreline in the cup.

Agree. As previously pointed out, we will be playing 5 games in the 13 days between January 19 and February 1 at a clip of a game every 3 days. The Villa Park leg of this tie will be the 4th of those 5 fixtures, and it would great if we could put out the “B” team there.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

think we’d be fine with any type of lead at their place. they’d have to attack us and then it’d become like the league game after we took the lead. when we should’ve probably scored double figures. 

it’s going there behind that sounds like a nightmare tbh. 

They could have a significantly different team, depending on what they do in the transfer window.

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Agree. As previously pointed out, we will be playing 5 games in the 13 days between January 19 and February 1 at a clip of a game every 3 days. The Villa Park leg of this tie will be the 4th of those 5 fixtures, and it would great if we could put out the “B” team there.

No chance we'd play a B team in the second leg. Zero. Even with a 5 goal cushion..

Personally, I'd take a draw tomorrow and back us to win at their gaff. Any team can get lucky once. I'd rather they got lucky in the first leg, not second.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

No chance we'd play a B team in the second leg. Zero. Even with a 5 goal cushion..

Personally, I'd take a draw tomorrow and back us to win at their gaff. Any team can get lucky once. I'd rather they got lucky in the first leg, not second.

You would take a draw tomorrow? Thats mental talk 😂

• Like 3