Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup)

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Worry about the opposition in the final if we get to the final - you have to live for days out at Wembley as a football fan, regardless of who you play - especially for a club like ours. I really really want to win these games against Villa. 

I was too young to remember the last final we were in really, I’m buzzing at the prospect of getting to see us walk out in a major final. I’d be proud to see the lads represent our great city on the big stage again - regardless of the result. 

I agree forget about who we'll play. Anyway, I fancy us to beat anyone on our day. It's a brilliant day out going to see your team at a cup final. The atmosphere is superb, the balloons, flags etc. 

I've been to all our Cup final games since 1993 when we lost to Swindon, even som that was amazing. I would've been about 10 and to see such a huge wave of support in blue and white all around was mesmerising, the atmosphere is just magical.

Jonny Evans says Leicester City will try and build on their form that have showed in both cup competitions this season when they entertain Aston Villa in the first leg of their Carabao 

- Live coverage of the game will begin at 5pm on LCFC Radio

Dean Smith’s outfit, who beat Liverpool 5-0 in the quarter-finals at Villa Park in December, visit Filbert Way for the first of two semi-final encounters with the Foxes on Wednesday (8pm kick-off).

Evans, who scored against Everton in the last round of the Carabao Cup, and also headed home at Villa Park during the 4-1 Premier League win, says Leicester are aiming to carry an advantage into the second leg, which takes place on 28 January.

“It’s one we’re all really, really looking forward to,” Evans told LCFC TV. “We’ve progressed in the tournament and we’ve had two penalty shootouts, so it’s been tricky and difficult at times.

“We’ve managed to come through it, and I think that will benefit us going into the semi-final. We know it’s going to be difficult over the two legs, but hopefully, we can get off to a good start in the first game at home.

“The way we’ve played at home a lot this year, and after the last game against Villa away in the Premier League, we’ll have a lot of the ball.

“I think they might try and counter-attack a bit more, so we’ll have to be patient at times and hopefully we’ve learned from games over the course of the season to be patient and find the right ways to break teams down, but also be secure that we’re not letting them break on us.”

Having already recorded a convincing victory at Villa Park at the start of December – a fixture that lands exactly a month before their semi-final first leg tie at King Power Stadium – Evans believes the adaptability City showed during that match will stand them in good stead on Wednesday.

I thought we dealt with them really well on the day and that was probably one of our best away performances of the season.

“I think we played very well that day at times,” said Evans. “It was the first time we’d played the diamond formation.

“We’d started with the diamond formation and flipped in and out of it in games a few times in the season, but starting Kelechi [Iheanacho] and Vards (Jamie Vardy) up top together and playing quite a narrow midfield, it’s the first time we’d started with it and tested it out.

“We started really well, and it created a few other problems that we weren’t expecting – playing in a different shape. I thought we dealt with them really well on the day and that was probably one of our best away performances of the season.”

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1563158/our-cup-experiences-will-benefit-us-says-evans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dandy king said:

Does anyone know where you can watch replays of the match fairly soon after? Won't be able to catch the first half but I'm thinking perhaps just turn the phone off and wait until I can watch a replay - obviously it needs to be this evening, no chance of waiting until tommorow! 

record it on sky and start watching when you get in (presuming you have sky) i doubt anywhere shows the full match online afterwards

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LCFC BEAST said:

I understand that and agree to an extent, but you can’t question undesirables when the family stand is situated next to the away fans. 

I just feel for something that hasn’t occurred in 20 years, especially for the new generation of fans, the club would want as many people to experience it as possible. 

Agreed - also maybe I'm weird, but when I was a kid part of the attraction was the raucous and sometimes menacing atmosphere around the place. 

Kids - even these days - don't grow up in an antiseptic bubble. Maybe parents need to be slightly less precious about these things. Football's sanitised enough as it is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manini said:

They can’t be as bad as their were in the league. We’re going to have to be patient tonight and not shit ourselves if it’s goalless an hour in. 

Hope that applies to those in the stands as well as on the pitch...

Getting proper nervous about tonight now after feeling pretty relaxed beforehand. Knockout football, you can't beat it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone else getting a bit nervous for tonight?! Just hope the players are focused and composed enough to get this job done and get a good enough lead going in to the 2nd half. 

Definitely. Just got got get behind them and create a great atmosphere 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone else getting a bit nervous for tonight?! Just hope the players are focused and composed enough to get this job done and get a good enough lead going in to the 2nd half. 

It's a semi final, be weird to not be nervous 

3 hours ago, Dandy king said:

Does anyone know where you can watch replays of the match fairly soon after? Won't be able to catch the first half but I'm thinking perhaps just turn the phone off and wait until I can watch a replay - obviously it needs to be this evening, no chance of waiting until tommorow! 

Not sure how quickly they get them up but fullmatchesandshows.com

• Thanks 1