Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Southampton Home 11/01/2020 - match thread

By far from the performance i was expecting, many players need a bollocking and to sort their shit out. The amount of bad passes going on is incredible, i am no tactician and have no clue what we should do but i'm sure Brendan has a plan (or i ****ing hope so) 

Lucky to go into the 2nd half at 1-1. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, steflcfc said:

Think we are carrying 1/2 players at the moment, and we have hit a part of the season where every one of our creative midfielders have gone missing and are badly out of form

Think our confidence has been hit against Man C and Liverpool and our play is quite poor at times and we’re struggling to keep the ball.

Are we starting to feel the pressure this season now? as we look a shadow of the team we were used to seeing and we look a little lost in midfield 

Too many poor first half showings recently 

Spot on but I would add carrying 3 or 4. Evans, Soyunco and Ricky P & Wilf the only consistent ones at the moment. And what is Vardy doing on the left wing with hardly any support?

Quite simply payed off the park. Should be a couple of goals down but crucially we are on level terms. We will be better second half once Rodgers freshens things up They may pay the price for profligate finishing and some bad luck. Top teams find a way and we are not second in the league for no reason.

• Thanks 1

Not the best half. Not seen anything if barnes, Perez spends a lot of time on his arse chilly can’t pass to our players. Giving them to much time and they are a team with a lot of conference at the minute so not going to be an easy second half. Maybe albrighton or Tilly and nacho for Barnes and Perez 

Just goes to show anyone who had this game down as a simple victory hadn't been paying attention to the form table. Southampton are a properly decent outfit.

We've been nothing like our best, and seem to be having problems all over the pitch! They need a rocket and clear instructions at half time, and quick changes after the break if the pattern remains the same.

Dont know what has happened to us of late. Absolutely no attacking intent. This constant sideways passing at the back has to stop. Why is nobody looking to go forward?

We look lethargic and quite frankly like we cant be arsed. No doubt whatsoever we should be losing.

Maddison needs to drop the argumentative and arrogant attitude hes turned up with today and Chilwell needs a massive kick up his arse.

Not good enough. Get Nacho on.

Very very lucky to be level, they could and should be at least 3-1 yp, some players look shattered, maddison has been poor, i know its popular at the minute to slate chilwell but he was terrible in that half, they are giving us no time on the ball and we are playing so many aimless passes,giving away silly fouls in dangerous areas, need a proper bollocking at half time and come out with a bit more bite

Just now, Anglodanglo said:

Screen chose to go all buffy at the wrong moment but here's the stats.

20200111_155058.jpg.5c6e436a3c50cc36a4245d2f7d62d6ca.jpgReads as a scrappy, horrible game with Southampton having the better of the chances ..........

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Too much hype, giving the players and managers new contracts, how do you think all the players that didn’t get pay rises felt? No wonder many clubs have a policy of only discussing new contracts at the end of the season.

Seem to have lost all fight 

None of the players have signed new contracts yet?

• Like 1

Danny Ings is immense. What a player.

I've been mightily impressed with Vards, Dennis Kasper and Evans. They seem up for the fight. Unfortunately our fullbacks are defending super narrowly which means Soy/Ricy and Chils have to deal with overlapping players and balls into the box. They are coping very badly. Our back four as a consequence looks incredibly shaky, Chillwell in particular is struggling. And Hamza, while making the odd good tackle, doesn't have Wilf's presence and precision in the midfield yet. The rest have only been okay, Madders is at least trying to take the game by the scruff of the neck while Perez is infuriating and Barnes is anonymous. 

Still. We have been absolutely outplayed but it's 1-1. We have to take this good luck and use it to our advantage. C'mon Foxes. 

• Like 1