Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Ndidi was sorely missed.  Hamza always plays hard but he frankly looked a bit overmatched out there.  Mendy’s calm efficiency in that role would be a very tempting option.

Mendy was the like for like replacement, I would have played Choudhury as a deputy for Tielmans.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Southampton were not very good, we were atrocious and could have made any one look like Barcelona. 

Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea are all arguably able to go ahead of us if our game stays this bad. 

The same Man U with Solskjaer in charge? 

They have Liverpool away next and I just can't see them getting their act together anytime soon and going on a consistent winning streak.

We may drop off but I'm confident we will do enough and win enough games to stay in the top 4.

We were awful today, but still almost got a draw. Everyone needs a rest and hopefully a top winger coming in as well as a CB, will really get us going again.

We are 2nd! 11 points clear of Man U and have an amazing squad with a top Manager. Semi Final of Carabao and still in FA Cup. I'm disappointed about today but still buzzing about this Manager and Team over all and still have a lot of confidence we will pick up enough wins to stay clear of the likes of an ever inconsistent Man U! 

• Like 3

I'm very surprised that the second VAR check was not more rigorous.  Evans never touches the ball and is not interfering with play.  Tidy finish from Nacho.  

As for the rest of the game, we've not been at it for a few weeks.  Hopefully this will give us the boot needed to get us going again.

Many of the players well off form, none more so than Chilwell.  That ball from Maddison, which was half decent played deep into the box, and that blast from Chilwell to no one, other than the poor guy in row ZZ, summed his afternoon up.  A simple tap sideways and it's in from Vardy.

Onto the next!

• Like 2

Today was also a perfect storm for Southampton. They were up for it already but add into the mix the lack of Ndidi, how poor we’ve been recently, a game in midweek, Vardy not fully fit, toxic atmosphere in the ground and above all the stupidity of playing all 9 goals on the big screen before the game... it’s no surprise they wanted it more. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm very surprised that the second VAR check was not more rigorous.  Evans never touches the ball and is not interfering with play.  Tidy finish from Nacho.  

As for the rest of the game, we've not been at it for a few weeks.  Hopefully this will give us the boot needed to get us going again.

Many of the players well off form, none more so than Chilwell.  That ball from Maddison, which was half decent played deep into the box, and that blast from Chilwell to no one, other than the poor guy in row ZZ, summed his afternoon up.  A simple tap sideways and it's in from Vardy.

Onto the next!

I think Kalechi's goal should stand. Although he is right behind Evans on the replay so difficult to see from the VAR replay.

Edited by Foxhateram

3 goals chalked off for offside, a little bit more concentration and that would be 4-2.

Their penalty that was denied for VAR was a joke tho, should have stood.

The heavy winter schedule has caught up with us. Chillwell knackered, would prefer to have Fuchs in for a few games.

Just now, Foxhateram said:

I think Kaelchi's goal should stand. Although he is right behind Evans on the replay so difficult to see from the VAR replay.

So do I.

This is why I cannot understand why they seemed so quick to brush this one under the carpet.

Almost felt as though the hasty decision was made to even it up after their's wasn't given.

21 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

They fouled throughout the game, every time we played through the midfield they fouled our players. Getting away with it on every occasion. Ward-Prowse did it all game. He should be off for that. 

Had enough of it. Every single game. I want to watch football, like earlier in the season. Not some team coming here to shite house us with consistent fouling anti football. 

You sound very petulant. I'd almost understand if Southampton hadn't genuinely just played us off the park.

• Like 1

Shockingly shit all game. Nothing positive whatsoever and I really fear for the rest of the season. The basics have just been thrown out of the window. We looked like a side at the foot and not the top of the division. In the first half alone we gave the ball away 60 times. Only when Youri came on did we show any kind of intensiteee. Shit Shit Shit .

On a final note I would be delighted to finish outside the top 4 providing there is silverware on the mantelpiece. Footie is about winning and memories. Trophies over top 4 any day.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So do I.

This is why I cannot understand why they seemed so quick to brush this one under the carpet.

Almost felt as though the hasty decision was made to even it up after their's wasn't given.

they dont want little Leicester finishing in the top 4 again do they!

its a joke

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

No more talk of Choudhry being as good or better than Ndidi please.

Gonna be a tough month with out Ndidi

People wont like it but in my opinion mendy is  better in that role. (Not that wilf btw)

• Like 2

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You sound very petulant. I'd almost understand if Southampton hadn't genuinely just played us off the park.

Not certain it sounds petulant, more like frustration, we could have had 4 goals and both the saints goals were fortunate, especially the first one. They were not that good, so it was a frustrating game for us and expectations were high, as we should not be loosing to Southampton at home if we want top four.

• Like 1

As others have said, i too am not panicking, it was awful today and it looked as though we had no idea how to counter their pressing, they looked well drilled and thoroughly deserved the win, had ndidi been fit we may have seen a different result as he wins the ball and recycles so well, but we cant live on ifs, we too had some decent chances but no doubt they were worth the 3 points, they looked a team out for revenge for the trouncing we gave them and we looked tired and very off the boil, chilwell is a player thats grown on me the last couple of seasons but i reckon it may be time to experiment with justin at LB for a game or two and see how well we fair down that side of the pitch, not really his fault i guess but i forgot harvey was even playing today, every team has a dip in form and it appears its hit us at the minute, however lets not forget performance wise may not have been great but in the last 3 league games since getting beat by man city and liverpool weve beat west ham with a 2nd string, outplayed newcastle albeit against 10 men for a full half and lost against an in form southampton, i wont lose sleep over it, full confidence the lads will put this one to bed and put in a better performance next week, however burnley is a horrible place to go needing a moral boosting result

• Like 1