Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

They were way better overall and deserved it. Wake up call for us as we looked tired and just off the pace all over the pic. It started in minute 1 to be fair - and when I saw the first few minutes I knew it would be a struggle. At least we have a week to recover now after all these games recently 

It looks like Rodgers has been searching for answers to the lack of form in these last few weeks!  He know the Man City/Liverpool games have knocked our confidence! The players today lacked belief and didn't make the correct decisions!  Lets hope its a one off,although I'm not confident!!!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously - if you’re going to look at the ref for our crap display then ....

I also thought the ref was poor but every var check was correct and every goal is checked 

we were by far second best - period !

Their goal was offside. Clearly showed it on the replays on the stream. Why wasn't it checked? He was more offside than Evans bloody armpit was.

Edited by Foxhateram

6 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Absolutely no way we're finishing in the top 4 this season.

6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

The moaners will love this.

Happy wanking.

lol:appl:

Shambolic performance. Pretty much the whole team need to give their a head a serious wobble. Way too many passengers at the moment. We deserved to lose that by 3 or 4. 

Far too much passing sideways and backwards and no where near enough attacking with intent. This has been a steady slide for several games now and the top 4 will be a distant memory unless we snap out of it.

Not good enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

No more talk of Choudhry being as good or better than Ndidi please.

Gonna be a tough month with out Ndidi

This

Anyone who doesn’t fully appreciate the role Ndidi has in this team knows naught about football. He’s crucial to how we play

• Like 2

Southampton deserved it.

Has Claude come back?? If that was under him he would be hammered and rightly so. Our home performances and form has taken a massive dip. Norwich, Liverpool, Villa and today, have been shocking

We seem to move the ball slower and slower each game. 

Our midfield is being shown up so badly at the moment. Hamza looks good in spells but no where near the level of Ndidi. 

Chilwells price must be plummeting by the week. He's being shown up game by game. Embarrassing from him today again.

I have no hope for Burnley next week the way we're playing. They'll bully us and if we don't play our way and move the ball fast I think we'll struggle.

Brendan has to sort out this slide asap. Unfortunately two wins against dross West Ham and Newcastle have papered over cracks

• Like 4

Bad performance by most today Southampton have been on a good run recently tho and would always be up for this after the 9-0 no excuse tho need to get back to winning ways next week would rather have gray over Barnes next game and let Chilwell have one more game and if doesn’t start improving give him a rest. 

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Chilwell isn’t crap, he’s far from it. He appears to be lacking in confidence at the moment and out of form - it happens to every player at some point. 

Spot on. Whilst I don't want to be too negative about Brendan as hes been fantastic, hes not got his team selection right very often in the past month which has cost us. Cant keep playing players that are tired/out of form/lacking confidence like Chilwell. Tielemans was rested today finally but probably 3 games too late! Our fringe players proved against West Ham and newcastle that they are good enough to come in every now and again so I don't understand the constant starting of the likes of Chilwell and Tielemans (until today). We do need 2 or 3 new faces to freshen things up though. Christ knows how we would get on with european games thrown in as well. Something has to got to change fast! 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Didn’t see any of it. Can anyone explain how the match actually went and how we actually performed? 

I followed the match thread and from that it looks like Chilwell should be sold for £5m, the whole midfield isn’t good enough and Rodgers out. 

which seems like classic FT knee jerkism 

We were slugggish, the first 5 minutes set the tone for the entire game, im prettty sure we did not have three successful passes in the time. they pressed and were fast, very fast on the ball. They closed us down and gave absolutley no room.

Barnes was silent, Chilwell worked hard, but missed passes and lost position, Hamza seemed a little lost....midfield were just overwhelmed.

It couldve finished 4-0 or 4-1 and it woulve been an accurate result.

we just looked......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say but Southampton deserved all 3 points. We were second best all game.
Based on their performances up till now Barnes and Chilwell don't deserve to be regular starters anymore. Ayoze even though came up with the key pass which led to our goal, didn't do much else and was very questionable when called to defend. Dennis made a great run and scored like a true striker would but as a midfielder most of the time is content with playing sideways or backwards than forward.
We've been shit for about a month now, and Wilf's injury or a busy schedule don't sound like good enough excuse to me. Rodgers has to sort us out, turn it around. It's unbelievable that with the quality players we have, we gifted Southampton this game at home and I think no one whos saw the game could honestly say they didn't deserve the win. Embarassing.

I'm seriously worried about the Villa cup game now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ftfagos said:

Whoever decided to play the 0-9 before the game needs to apologise to us & Soton. Disgraceful show of disrespect &

may have made a difference to some of their players.

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Some of those boys are absolutely bang out of form, I’m afraid.

We were absolutely fvcking dire, and not for the first time in the last few weeks. It’s very worrying.

Also, the decision to play the goals from the 0-9 on the screens pre-match was an embarrassment. Whoever sanctioned that needs to give their head a big old wobble.

I had no idea - disgraceful and to be honest I’m surprised at that - we usually show more humility than that 

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It's a damn shame we didn't get anything out of that game, because now I can't pour a fine single malt, settle into a comfy chair and watch slo mo repeats of that world class save by Kasper over and over for a few hours.

The poor sod had an outstanding game. That save was un****ingbelievable.

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

It looks like Rodgers has been searching for answers to the lack of form in these last few weeks!  He know the Man City/Liverpool games have knocked our confidence! The players today lacked belief and didn't make the correct decisions!  Lets hope its a one off,although I'm not confident!!!  

It’s not a one off it started against Norwich!

Probably the worst we've played in a long long long time. They could of had about. 

Nobody showing in midfield, hopefully people appreciate how tielemans keeps things ticking over now. Just slow all over the park. 

Only we could win 9-0 away and lose 2-1 at home to the same team. So Leicester City... 

2 minutes ago, Slab Edd said:

Because if I did I'd just be given a "get behind the lads" response

I've never liked chilwell, quite frankly I'd sell him for a packet of crisps he's that bad to me

If we got a silly offer say £60 million I would accept that in a heartbeat, he seems to me to be in limbo land between trying to be a left back but wanting to be a left winger, until he figures that out he will be inconsistent for us, no doubting he is talented but I feel he gets a lot of praise when he plays well to average, so should accept a bit of stick when he don't turn up 

• Like 1