Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Get some rest, buy a player and fvcking have a word Brendan. 

1 player? We need about 3 if we want to get champs league. United and Chelsea got good results today and they could finish theseason strongly. If we don't sort things out soon our season could fade away 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, knitro said:

Chilwell gave away so many balls..

20 at half-time.

20!! At home!

Must've been close to 40 towards the end. And Hamza thought he'd need to keep up with that. He ain't no Ndidi.

Edited by MC Prussian

Respect to Southampton - wanted this much more than us.. Maybe pressing on and putting 9 past them wasn't such a good idea (nah - **** it - we'll always have that).

Our young gifted English players were notably poor today. I can't be bothered to single anyone out.  We were better after the subs. No complaints about VAR today - apart from the fact it must spoil the in stadium experience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

The moaners will love this.

Happy wanking.

But it was a poor performance and calling it thus shouldn't qualify one as a moaner (altho not everyone played badly - I thought Evans and Kasper were excellent while Vardy and Dennis were good too).

Chillwell and Hamza will get slated but Perez was just as bad but doesn't have youth and inexperience (for Hamza at least). He shirked tackles, didn't stay on his feet and squandered a few chances to run in open space by his bambi-like play. Free kick aside (excellent quick thinking) his position must surely be in doubt after such a risible performance 

Saints were excellent mind you.  

• Like 1

Looks like a week off from this site for me. Poor performance and bad result but some of you are acting like Craig Levein has just rolled up with Mo Sylla in the front seat, De Vries and Rab Douglas in the back with Sol Bamba in the boot. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

3 goals ruled out by VAR. Having a joke! There's was offside, not even checked. Ref gave every 50/50 to them. 

Was the same against Villa last week. Ref wasn't giving any of their fouls. 

Seriously - if you’re going to look at the ref for our crap display then ....

I also thought the ref was poor but every var check was correct and every goal is checked 

we were by far second best - period !

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

No more talk of Choudhry being as good or better than Ndidi please.

Gonna be a tough month with out Ndidi

Does this remind you of anyone "cough cough" Kante,

last 2 games have highlighted how important he is to us.

Hope we keep hold of him cause I'm sure we will see plenty of bids in the next 2 windows. Good mentor for Hamza to learn from tho as he is still young and will improve his awareness. 

I think everyone can really see we have a real Gem in Ndidi now though for sure 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Chilwell isn’t crap, he’s far from it. He appears to be lacking in confidence at the moment and out of form - it happens to every player at some point. 

LOL the guy should be playing for Arsenal and the rest of the clowns.

I'm sorry he's garbage.

Some of those boys are absolutely bang out of form, I’m afraid.

We were absolutely fvcking dire, and not for the first time in the last few weeks. It’s very worrying.

Also, the decision to play the goals from the 0-9 on the screens pre-match was an embarrassment. Whoever sanctioned that needs to give their head a big old wobble.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

We absolutely deserved everything we got today. Individual mistakes and poor as a team - but it happens to more or less everyone & I fully believe we've got the players and management to bounce back and finish the job... credit to Southampton too, they fought hard for that! We go again! 

Also, I've never given Ings any credit before - he's actually very good

• Like 1

1st half Southampton was all over us but second half was a scrappy awful game where we looked like a team that couldn’t manage the ball... we can’t have Barnes and Pérez on the wings, they offer close to nothing, teams know it and we look like we’ve got no idea what else to do and end up losing the ball. it’s been like this for weeks.

why does Chilwell never put in a first time cross btw??? Players are lacking confidence for some reason

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They outplayed us. Why we didn’t try some long balls to Vardy to run onto I’ll never know. 

VAR is ****ing shit, you won’t ever convince he otherwise. Football will not be the same unless it’s changed. 

VAR takes all the spontaneity, passion and joy out of scoring. No point celebrating a goal anymore in case it gets ruled out. 

• Like 3

Just now, lgfualol said:

Don't remember you posting this every week earlier in the season. #fickle

Today he was crap. That I agree with.

Because if I did I'd just be given a "get behind the lads" response

I've never liked chilwell, quite frankly I'd sell him for a packet of crisps he's that bad to me

• Haha 1

It's a damn shame we didn't get anything out of that game, because now I can't pour a fine single malt, settle into a comfy chair and watch slo mo repeats of that world class save by Kasper over and over for a few hours.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They deserved to win, let's not be like this.

They fouled throughout the game, every time we played through the midfield they fouled our players. Getting away with it on every occasion. Ward-Prowse did it all game. He should be off for that. 

Had enough of it. Every single game. I want to watch football, like earlier in the season. Not some team coming here to shite house us with consistent fouling anti football. 

• Like 4