Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

1 minute ago, KarlosSK4-LCFC4-ever! said:

If we got a silly offer say £60 million I would accept that in a heartbeat, he seems to me to be in limbo land between trying to be a left back but wanting to be a left winger, until he figures that out he will be inconsistent for us, no doubting he is talented but I feel he gets a lot of praise when he plays well to average, so should accept a bit of stick when he don't turn up 

If we're being honest he's better as an Olympic athlete since all he can do is run

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Ok, so apart from taking the lead - what positives do we take from today's performance?

Just wondering.

Signed: Pretty much all LCFC fans today.

None.

However we're second in the league and in a cup semi final. We're massively overachieving. I expected the Christmas period to be a massive test and so it has proven.

Today's performance was crap but I'm not going to start slagging off the players and Brendan and saying they don't care because in my opinion that's unfair.

We're a small squad being stretched.

• Like 3

Very rarely post on here anymore but that Chilwell performance deserves a mention. Been watching Leicester for 15 years and that was right down there with the worst Individual performances I’ve seen. Gave the ball away 22 times. Abysmal.

it’s great seeing someone who’s come through the academy start games for us but we’ve seen enough now to know he’s not particularly good. If we get a decent offer for him we’d be nuts to turn it down.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The poorest performance of the seasonby fair, so many loose balls and missplaced passes and Soton showed so mush more fight than us.

Playing all 9 goals against them on the big screens while they were warming up was not the best idea.Gave team all the pre match motivation needed and was alittle classless imo. 

Big week on the training ground needed now and then push on maintain the great postion we are still in . 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This

Anyone who doesn’t fully appreciate the role Ndidi has in this team knows naught about football. He’s crucial to how we play

I reckon Hamza will be a good player in the future for us but he was taught a cruel footballing lesson today. Looked completely out of his depth without me dependable Wilf by his side.

I reckon Wilf is the best, or at least second best, defensive mid this season. 

Reckon Chillwell may get dropped next game, Brendan citing tiredness.

#small voice# Also thought Youri looked good when he came on, and Kelchi is in great form so some green shoots appearing. 

We have gone from one of the top 2 or 3 midfields in the Premiership to an all but non-existent midfield today. I refuse to believe that it’s because of the absence of one player (however important). I think something psychological is going on, and BR needs to get it sorted pronto. Glad we have a whole week off for what seems the first time in ages.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 5waller5 said:

I'd love their goal to be off-side - but neither were I'm afraid

It was. Watch MOTD tonight. If Evans is off. Then their player is too. If Kalechi is off, then their player is too.  If you're consistent with an armpit offside, then fair enough. But when you don't even stop the game to check theirs but yet stop for about 5 minutes to check Evan's, it starts to look very inconsistent and unfair. 

• Like 3

I don't think we played any worse than West Ham or Newcastle games. It just so happens that Southampton were better. 

If it wasn't for Newcastle and West ham being embarrassing at the time, this would be our 3rd consecutive defeat to must win opponents. 

If we are a Champions  league team then we shouldn't be winning games just because the other team was worse, we should be winning because we dominate and have that quality. 

If things don't improve then we'll be 8th/9th.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Absolutely no way we're finishing in the top 4 this season.

And which of the totally consistent teams below us will take over us? They are all over the place with results and luckily we have the equivalent of 4 wins on them all.

The boys have obviously been playing tired and flat with a game every 3 days and Southampton were very good today which shows in their recent form. 

We have a transfer window now with funds to spend and our players have a week off, with N'didi who has been our player of the season, due back in few weeks.

I still think we will finish 3rd overall with a potential healthy gap to 5th. We just have to get re-energised and sign two top players to complement what we already have.

1 minute ago, LiberalFox said:

Price of taking the league cup seriously. 

Absolute clownish comment, semi final and our biggest chance of the season to win some silverware. Second leg we’ll put out the reserves so we can put all our eggs into one league game out of 38 basket, behave.

• Like 4

I'd give the players 4 days off and tell them to come back with the mindset of going the rest of the season unbeaten. They should be seething after that today, it's a continuation of the poor performances at home since the start of December, something needs to be kick started again. I'd not usually advocate giving them a load of time off as some sort of reward but what this lot have done so far this season has been exceptional and if our training and the way we play is catching up with us then have a few days off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

It was. Watch MOTD tonight. If Evans is off. Then their player is too. If Kalechi is off, then their player is too.  If you're consistent with an armpit offside, then fair enough. But when you don't even stop the game to check theirs but yet stop for about 5 minutes to check Evan's, it starts to look very inconsistent and unfair. 

With all due respect, whether I agree or disagree with VAR, I'm probably going to trust it more than some guy on a forum who either watched the game from the stands or from a dodgy Arabic stream. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

which one of their goals? i’ve just watched them both and cannot work out which one is offside? 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

And which of the totally consistent teams below us will take over us? They are all over the place with results and luckily we have the equivalent of 4 wins on them all.

The boys have obviously been playing tired and flat with a game every 3 days and Southampton were very good today which shows in their recent form. 

We have a transfer window now with funds to spend and our players have a week off, with N'didi who has been our player of the season, due back in few weeks.

I still think we will finish 3rd overall with a potential healthy gap to 5th. We just have to get re-energised and sign two top players to complement what we already have.

Southampton were not very good, we were atrocious and could have made any one look like Barcelona. 

Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea are all arguably able to go ahead of us if our game stays this bad. 

• Thanks 1